PDA

View Full Version : Something that I have noticed...........

Ponce
11th June 2011, 09:05 AM
Between my time (Pacific) and the given time at this site there is a difference of 7 hours.......why is that? is the headquarters for this site located in Russia?

Anyway

Second post of the day.........good morning to one and all.

Dogman
11th June 2011, 09:16 AM
Ok easy fix, on the main forum page top menu bar go to the forum actions drop down button, select general settlings, there you will find a bunch of options to play with or change as you like, the one you want is the date and time options , and change the time zone to the one you are living in. Easy.

And on your sig line get rid of the " " it will help you , you old fart! Grin!

Edit: do not forget to save your settings at the bottom.

Ponce
11th June 2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks buddy, but my question is......the initial time came from somewhere, is it the time from the zone where V was born? or is it a random time that just came out by chance?..........."Solving a problem does not fix the initial problem,for the initial problem has to happen for a reason".

Dogman
11th June 2011, 09:29 AM
Good question, probably where v was born and that was the default. Who in the hell knows except the ones that wrote the program.

Edit: Rethink,, I think the default time zone is where the physical location of the server the forum is hosted on.

REdit: Who in the hell knows. Grin.

keehah
11th June 2011, 09:30 AM
I thought is was London, but it seems to be Iceland or the remnent Atlantis Islands.

Dogman
11th June 2011, 09:33 AM
Yea , gim always showed London as the location

Ponce
11th June 2011, 09:33 AM
OK people, it is London time...........Dogman? thanks, I was able to fix my signature by going there instead ot "my profile".

Dogman
11th June 2011, 09:35 AM
Glad to help..

Ponce
11th June 2011, 09:55 AM
LOL Sunny, I'd better put on my bennie cap before changing the time.

Buddha
11th June 2011, 01:20 PM
LOL Sunny, I'd better put on my bennie cap before changing the time.

LOL now that is an image. Someone with shoop skills needs to make this happen ASAP.

Gaillo
11th June 2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks buddy, but my question is......the initial time came from somewhere, is it the time from the zone where V was born? or is it a random time that just came out by chance?..........."Solving a problem does not fix the initial problem,for the initial problem has to happen for a reason".

Ponce,
It's based on Greenwich Mean Time, the world standard for time-zone origin.

Ponce
11th June 2011, 01:59 PM
Roger that, we better changed that......as we all know the US is the center of the world.

Horn
11th June 2011, 02:06 PM
All time begins in London England, where the Sun never sets on.

Ponce
11th June 2011, 02:12 PM
That's a damn lie, I can see the sun shinning over Obamas head, 24/7, right here in the US.

Buddha
11th June 2011, 03:51 PM
the sun never sets in the empire that will never die...