PDA

View Full Version : “Why Aren’t You Speaking English?”

EE_
18th June 2011, 03:30 PM
Friday, June 17, 2011

During committee testimony this week in Austin, a Texas senator interrupted a Spanish speaker telling him he should "be speaking in English" during a committee hearing.

Antolin Aguirre of the Austin Immigrant Rights Coalition was testifying against Senate Bill 9 that would help crack down on illegal immigrants in Texas. Aguirre spoke through an interpreter even though he had been in the U.S. since 1988.

Two minutes into Antolin Aguirre’s testimony, Sen. Chris Harris, a Republican from Arlington, interrupted asking Aguirre’s interrupter, "Did I understand him correctly that he has been here since 1988?" Harris asked. "Why aren’t you speaking in English then?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MoR3qLgL_uU

Read more: http://www.ktrh.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=121300&article=8719378#ixzz1PfYblzW6

Buddha
18th June 2011, 03:36 PM
This should have went in the you laugh you lose thread, check the faces at 0:16 :D English mother fucker, Do you speak it?!

osoab
18th June 2011, 03:54 PM
Queue the ACLU in 3, 2, 1....

Libertytree
18th June 2011, 04:09 PM
This horseshit riles my ass to no end! I moved to Costa Rica and traveled through central America, I always did my best to speak in their tongue and very often I was SOL or had to find other means to accomplish my intended goal. So, here I am back in SW Florida and these fuckers act disgusted with me because I don't speak fluent spanish...of course I know more than I let on because the simple fact is that they are in my English speaking country and they could give a rats ass less. This happens every fucking day here and my patience is fucking shot!

I'll be very happy to be back around rednecks and good ol' boys and away from this BS....cause the truth is I'm just half cocked enough about it to stir a bunch of shit.

Buddha
18th June 2011, 04:12 PM
Give them Hell Liberty!

Libertytree
18th June 2011, 04:42 PM
Give them Hell Liberty!

That's the thing Buddah, I have to take myself out of this eqation because I'm a powder keg just waiting to go off....and it ain't just with the latino fucks, it's the stupid friggin white people too, mainly the yankees that want you to kiss their ass. The native "crackers" here are the very best of folks, most of the rest should be fed to the gators. My anxiety level is through the roof and I have to do something about it before I do something I regret.

Ponce
18th June 2011, 05:03 PM
mi epki litli ingli mi Cubano ingli har tu spiki ok dokey........danm cuban refugee, get your butt back to where you belong......ok dokey u tu go were yu bilon yu go to europe, si?

Hahahahahahaah its feels good to feel wanted.

Libertytree
18th June 2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah, the cubanos are ones of the worst friggin' parasites. They think we owe them something, just like a pack of jews.

Ponce
18th June 2011, 06:42 PM
LOL Liberty, I see that you din't get any from your boyfriend last night.......the weight of the Florida economy rides on the shoulders of the Cubans there, at this time only 3% of them are on welfare.....2% are the elderly and 1% are the "parasites", so that in a way I do agree with you............by the way, my brother who I was able to bring over 2.5 years ago with his wife and two kids is not the manager of a furniture factory where he started as a peon.

mrnhtbr2232
18th June 2011, 07:30 PM
This horseshit riles my ass to no end! I moved to Costa Rica and traveled through central America, I always did my best to speak in their tongue and very often I was SOL or had to find other means to accomplish my intended goal. So, here I am back in SW Florida and these fuckers act disgusted with me because I don't speak fluent spanish...of course I know more than I let on because the simple fact is that they are in my English speaking country and they could give a rats ass less. This happens every fucking day here and my patience is fucking shot!

I'll be very happy to be back around rednecks and good ol' boys and away from this BS....cause the truth is I'm just half cocked enough about it to stir a bunch of shit.

The problem here is you are applying your own version of ethics to a no-win situation. You made the effort to assimilate and respect your guest culture. That is admirable. Back here in the U.S. you are expected to embrace diversity at your own peril - that is a given. What you are losing in this scenario is control over your own perspective, choosing to be angry at something you cannot change - and you *cannot* change it.

Instead, accept the fact life is not fair and the forces at work diluting racial awareness and common courtesy from outsiders is on purpose to serve their ends. Even rednecks in the deepest hollers will sooner or later encounter this. And they too will react the same way - anger and frustration.

For every politician that insists on speaking English there will be a thousand that pander to minorities that say it's insensitive to deny them their first language. This is the mark of prostitutes, and a reminder that divide and conquer is a very effective weapon. If you step back and try to see this for what it is instead of what it is doing you'll be a lot better off and have more options to deal with it.

I was reacting the same way until recently. But there comes a time when you have to recognize it does you no good to internalize hostilities that are pre-fabricated by people that want your wealth and then your submission or death. Be wise, be healthy, and be careful. The traps they lay are easy to get caught in without clarity.

Book
18th June 2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah, the cubanos are ones of the worst friggin' parasites. They think we owe them something, just like a pack of jews.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Cuba

Jubans. Often one and the same.

Ponce
18th June 2011, 10:01 PM
Wowwwwwwwwww from 15,000 Jews down to 1,201.........looks to me like Castro did a better job in Cuba than what I thought.

Thanks Book.

steyr_m
19th June 2011, 09:23 AM
Friday, June 17, 2011
During committee testimony this week in Austin, a Texas senator interrupted a Spanish speaker telling him he should "be speaking in English" during a committee hearing.

Antolin Aguirre of the Austin Immigrant Rights Coalition was testifying against Senate Bill 9 that would help crack down on illegal immigrants in Texas. Aguirre spoke through an interpreter even though he had been in the U.S. since 1988.

Two minutes into Antolin Aguirre’s testimony, Sen. Chris Harris, a Republican from Arlington, interrupted asking Aguirre’s interrupter, "Did I understand him correctly that he has been here since 1988?" Harris asked. "Why aren’t you speaking in English then?"

I'm happy to see that. Something like that wouldn't be said five or s oyears ago. People are getting sick enough of PC that they're saying that publicly.

Ponce
19th June 2011, 09:47 AM
You know Steyr, I kow that people feel the same way about the "Jews" and yet they say nothing......it shows you how far the have been brainwashed.