PDA

View Full Version : the victim smashed through his windshield and landed in the front passenger seat

Serpo
28th June 2011, 04:01 PM
A driver who hit a pedestrian along Interstate 45 in southeast Houston early this morning didn’t stop even though the victim smashed through his windshield and landed in the front passenger seat, officials said.

The driver, identified as 45-year-old James John Onak, was charged with felony failure to stop and render aid involving a fatality and driving while intoxicated, said Harris County District Attorney spokeswoman Donna Hawkins

The collision occurred in the 12200 block of the southbound Gulf Freeway near Fuqua about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Houston Police Department.

Police said the 32-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, died at the scene.

No other injuries were reported.

Police said a man was driving his Ford Explorer on the freeway when it broke down. He pulled to the shoulder and got out and began trying to cross the freeway.

The man was hit by a black Mazda, driven by Onak, police said. Police said the collision forced the victim’s body through the windshield, and he landed in the front passenger seat inside the car.

Onak did not stop after the collision, police said. Police said he allegedly got off the freeway and drove a few blocks before a Precinct 8 Harris County Constable pulled him over at 11600 Kirkvalley near Beamer, and the deputy noticed the car’s front was damaged. Then the deputy saw the victim in the car, police added.

Police said Onak told the deputy he had hit something on the freeway and that he didn’t know the victim was in the passenger seat beside him.

Onak was believed to be under the influence and a mandatory blood draw was taken.

Police are still investigating the case.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7630000.html#ixzz1Qc9w0j00]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7630000.html

midnight rambler
28th June 2011, 05:02 PM
Nothing new about this, it's happened before. This previous case is very bizarre, woman hits man, he gets stuck in windshield, she leaves him there for 2 days in her garage until he perishes due to loss of blood and shock, all the while he is begging her to help him - http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/641809/posts?page=256

vacuum
28th June 2011, 05:17 PM
The OP is in the realm of possibility...if your windshield is broken and its dark, and you are stressing to see out the tiny crack that gives you visibility on what is ahead of you, you might not notice someone laying in the seat next to you. You probably aren't thinking about anything except getting to a gas station to figure out exactly what happened.

Now the story m.r. posted is just a huge WTF.

Dogman
28th June 2011, 05:25 PM
Nothing new about this, it's happened before. This previous case is very bizarre, woman hits man, he gets stuck in windshield, she leaves him there for 2 days in her garage until he perishes due to loss of blood and shock, all the while he is begging her to help him - http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/641809/posts?page=256

The OP is in the realm of possibility...if your windshield is broken and its dark, and you are stressing to see out the tiny crack that gives you visibility on what is ahead of you, you might not notice someone laying in the seat next to you. You probably aren't thinking about anything except getting to a gas station to figure out exactly what happened.

Believe! It did happen, it was in my local news and all of e-tx said WTF! That was a texas size WTF!

Edit:

Her name is Chante Jawan Mallard ,was sentenced to 50 years she will be eligible for parole in 2027.

osoab
28th June 2011, 05:36 PM
I wonder if his shoes were left in the road? ;D

mightymanx
28th June 2011, 06:41 PM
An eye for an eye.

Ill do my civic duty and drive the retribution car

Canadian-guerilla
29th June 2011, 06:13 AM
i fucking hate drunk drivers and/or drivers high on drugs

you take a life while drunk driving, mandatory prison time

Awoke
29th June 2011, 07:09 AM
Her name is Chante Jawan Mallard ,was sentenced to 50 years she will be eligible for parole in 2027.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2003/06/24/image560082g.jpg

sirgonzo420
29th June 2011, 07:19 AM
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2003/06/24/image560082g.jpg

lol

she's a "nurse's aid" too... at least she was.

midnight rambler
29th June 2011, 07:30 AM
lol

she's a "nurse's aid" too... at least she was.

Being a 'nurse's aid' is a career for those who are too useless to do anything else.

Buddha
29th June 2011, 07:37 AM
A woman of course >.<

Spectrism
29th June 2011, 07:40 AM
Just wait til the defense attorney claims his client was in shock and that is why he did not stop, or notice the new body next to him. It was shock I tell yuh... shock!

Might have to sue the estate of the guy running across the highway for causing all the anguish and shock...shock I tell yuh!

Buddha
29th June 2011, 07:40 AM

I dont see this. How could you not know that you hit someone on the freeway and they busted through the windshield and landed a foot away inside the car. He just didn't stop because he was drunk..

Dogman
29th June 2011, 07:44 AM
I dont see this. How could you not know that you hit someone on the freeway and they busted through the windshield and landed a foot away inside the car.

Blind drunk or tunnel vision drunk?

Buddha
29th June 2011, 08:01 AM
Blind drunk or tunnel vision drunk?

That's what i was thinking, if he truly didn't know (which I don't believe, since he pulled off the highway) then he must have been at the black out level.

Serpo
29th June 2011, 02:08 PM
I dont see this. How could you not know that you hit someone on the freeway and they busted through the windshield and landed a foot away inside the car. He just didn't stop because he was drunk..

Maybe he was so drunk he thought it was someone he picked up at a bar earlier......haha

Buddha
30th June 2011, 01:03 AM
Maybe he was so drunk he thought it was someone he picked up at a bar earlier......haha

Hahaha "Awe man, I hit something. Are you ok? Still wanna get some breakfast food?"