PDA

View Full Version : senator introduces bill to eliminate capital gains on AU + AG

chad
29th June 2011, 11:12 AM
i missed this being posted on here (if it was). cool if it passes:

http://www.gata.org/node/10059

learn2swim
29th June 2011, 12:13 PM
Sweet, hope it passes.

Ponce
29th June 2011, 12:36 PM
If the law does not pass it means that they KNOW that silver and gold will go up in price, for sure, and it would then be time to buy more in order to upset the tax on the same........and if the law doesn't pass?, it would only mean that they are stupid and don't own any.

freespirit
29th June 2011, 12:38 PM
just because they make it a law today, doesn't mean they aren't gonna change it to better suit their needs tomorrow...

gunDriller
29th June 2011, 02:00 PM
first impression - the Senator is one of the good guys.

but i don't expect the US gov. to start being nicer to PM owners.

they have increased capital controls, including on precious metals. if a foreign coin dealer ships you $2K or more in PM's, there's a new & recent law requiring you to report it, i believe, to the US gov.

i double-checked it, it's worth triple-checking.

and if you leave the country with PM's, better declare it & prepare to pay taxes on unrealized gains.

i wonder if the Senator's bill has anything about people leaving the US with PM's.

Ponce
29th June 2011, 02:11 PM
Best way to do it is to find someone in the country that you want to go to that has PM and want's to come to the US and then all that you have to do is to exchange his for yours........there is one way that I am keeping to myself.