PDA

View Full Version : WTF, Jim Cramer calls gold and PM's a safe haven for dollar and euro collapse?

General of Darkness
1st July 2011, 04:21 PM
Just saw that while flipping through the TV in my hotel room. If he said it's a good time to get in, it might mean it's a good time to get out, hell if I know.

Gaillo
1st July 2011, 06:13 PM
Even an utter bumbling moron of a broken clock is right twice a day...

LuckyStrike
1st July 2011, 06:20 PM

Exactly.

At some point even scumbbag yids like him have to tell some form of truth just to prop up their legitimacy as forefacters later. 2 years later he can say, see I called gold and never mention again the whole "buy bear stearns" deal.

Dogman
1st July 2011, 06:22 PM

Just like it can be 12 o'clock noon, 39 times a day, somewhere around the world. ;D

Neuro
2nd July 2011, 01:06 AM
Just like it can be 12 o'clock noon, 39 times a day, somewhere around the world. ;D

So on average a broken clock is more correct than a working...

Anyway, I am in the camp that thinks that PM's will drop hard this summer, so Cramers call is nothing unusual for him, he is looking for bagholders to take the
Opposite side of his banker employers bets. Long term though if you hold a bag of gold or silver, you can't go wrong. I just don't think it is a good idea to buy it now. I think one can make a fortune doing the opposite of what Cramer suggests...

Dogman
2nd July 2011, 05:19 AM
So on average a broken clock is more correct than a working...

Anyway, I am in the camp that thinks that PM's will drop hard this summer, so Cramers call is nothing unusual for him, he is looking for bagholders to take the
Opposite side of his banker employers bets. Long term though if you hold a bag of gold or silver, you can't go wrong. I just don't think it is a good idea to buy it now. I think one can make a fortune doing the opposite of what Cramer suggests...

No, a broken one is just as accurate as a working one , for the instant of real time measured. It would read the correct time at any of the 39 time zones around the world, once per day, using a 24 hour clock. And twice a day, for a 12 hour one. ;D

General of Darkness
2nd July 2011, 07:57 AM
No, a broken one is just as accurate as a working one , for the instant of real time measured. It would read the correct time at any of the 39 time zones around the world, once per day, using a 24 hour clock. And twice a day, for a 12 hour one. ;D

Yup and military clocks are half as right. :)

Gaillo
2nd July 2011, 01:01 PM

Dogman,
There are actually 65 time zones (40 "land" zones and 25 "nautical" zones) - not 39. As for the clock question, let's say for argument that our hypothetical clock is "off" by 7 minutes... in which case it would not be correct in ANY timezone, and would be wrong ALL of the time! So, even a broken clock is right more often than a working clock that's not set properly - just like some humans I've met with (otherwise functioning) minds full of bullshit and contradictions! ;D

Dogman
2nd July 2011, 02:08 PM
Dogman,
There are actually 65 time zones (40 "land" zones and 25 "nautical" zones) - not 39. As for the clock question, let's say for argument that our hypothetical clock is "off" by 7 minutes... in which case it would not be correct in ANY timezone, and would be wrong ALL of the time! So, even a broken clock is right more often than a working clock that's not set properly - just like some humans I've met with (otherwise functioning) minds full of bullshit and contradictions! ;D

;D Well it sounded good on paper! ;D

You are right about a running clock that is off.. Agree.

So I missed a few time zones , what the hay! ;D missing a few here and a few there. Just like government economics! :p

And again you are right about people also! ;D ;D ;D

Neuro
3rd July 2011, 12:46 AM
Dogman,
There are actually 65 time zones (40 "land" zones and 25 "nautical" zones) - not 39. As for the clock question, let's say for argument that our hypothetical clock is "off" by 7 minutes... in which case it would not be correct in ANY timezone, and would be wrong ALL of the time! So, even a broken clock is right more often than a working clock that's not set properly - just like some humans I've met with (otherwise functioning) minds full of bullshit and contradictions! ;DKramers clock works fine, but he is payed to report the wrong time.