PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay $99.99 for a adjustable wrench?

Ponce
12th July 2011, 09:37 AM
http://www.doitbest.com/Adjustable+wrenches-Cooper+Tools-model-AC118-doitbest-sku-330779.dib?utm_source=shoppingfeeds&utm_medium=amazonproductads&utm_campaign=BROI

Check out the other prices......CRAZY........more than me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002N7P5/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=survivalcom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B00002N7P5

Dogman
12th July 2011, 09:45 AM
http://www.doitbest.com/Adjustable+wrenches-Cooper+Tools-model-AC118-doitbest-sku-330779.dib?utm_source=shoppingfeeds&utm_medium=amazonproductads&utm_campaign=BROI

Check out the other prices......CRAZY........more than me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002N7P5/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=survivalcom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B00002N7P5

Edit: Seen now it was cooper and not copper tools, my bad! ;D But will keep the post intact! ;D

Oh nooze, losing it! Need more caffeine.

Ponce

At one time when I worked in the oil patch, I had a full set of copper/bronze alloy tools, to use in the field. The ideal behind using them is they do not create sparks when used or dropped. These kind of tools are used in potentially explosive atmospheres. So you do not kill yourself or others around you doing your job. Also had a scuba air pack in my work truck, when working in H2S fields. Always watching the wind socks that were on poles everywhere you looked.

Ponce
12th July 2011, 10:13 AM
Hahahahahahaah looks to me like this time the dogs tail was the one to wag you.

Dogman
12th July 2011, 10:16 AM
Hahahahahahaah looks to me like this time the dogs tail was the one to wag you.

Shit happens , my friend , ;D

drafter
13th July 2011, 03:54 PM
Does it come in Metric? ;D

Dogman
13th July 2011, 04:00 PM
Does it come in Metric? ;D

Sure have several sizes of metric crescent wrenches! Even had several wench's, that were highly adaptable! ;D

willie pete
13th July 2011, 05:01 PM
I'd guess you could find'em cheaper, but remember that adjustable wrench is a foot and half long, that's a big wrench....

skid
13th July 2011, 05:19 PM
I have a set of chrome plated snap-on adjustable wrenches that individually cost more than that. I also have adjustable wrenches up to 24" that are handy for big fittings. it pays to buy excellent tools only once. Cheapskates pay twice....

Dogman
13th July 2011, 05:22 PM
I have a set of chrome plated snap-on adjustable wrenches that individually cost more than that. I also have adjustable wrenches up to 24" that are handy for big fittings. it pays to buy excellent tools only once. Cheapskates pay twice....

Twice or more, if from the tail gate or the flyby night tool trucks that show up on job sites, cheap metal, too soft and break or bend.

skid
13th July 2011, 05:28 PM
Ponce

At one time when I worked in the oil patch, I had a full set of copper/bronze alloy tools, to use in the field. The ideal behind using them is they do not create sparks when used or dropped. These kind of tools are used in potentially explosive atmospheres. So you do not kill yourself or others around you doing your job. Also had a scuba air pack in my work truck, when working in H2S fields. Always watching the wind socks that were on poles everywhere you looked.

I worked as a contractor back in the day and I still have a brass/bronze alloy 16 pound sledge hammer from my oil/gas patch days, along with many other things (nomex coveralls, etc.) Lucky we were mostly sweet gas...

Any sparks would trip the fire eyes and blow the compressor station down (evacuate all the gas in the station's piping). Not a good thing as many thousands of dollars of gas would go to atmosphere. Quite impressive though...

Rebel Yarr
13th July 2011, 05:30 PM
yeah, quality is not cheap - it is an 18" wrench and they are high quality

Dogman
13th July 2011, 05:33 PM
I worked as a contractor back in the day and I still have a brass/bronze alloy 16 pound sledge hammer from my oil/gas patch days, along with many other things (nomex coveralls, etc.) Lucky we were mostly sweet gas...

Any sparks would trip the fire eyes and blow the compressor station down (evacuate all the gas in the station's piping). Not a good thing as many thousands of dollars of gas would go to atmosphere. Quite impressive though...

I did some sub contracting , and still have all my non sparking tools also. pricey but worth the money at the time. My thing was the production equipment, between the well head and pipe line. oil/gas sep's and specialized in LACT units separator/driers.

skid
13th July 2011, 05:40 PM
I did some sub contracting , and still have all my non sparking tools also. pricey but worth the money at the time. My thing was the production equipment, between the well head and pipe line. oil/gas sep's and specialized in LACT units separator/driers.

I have some experience with oil/gas vane type separators as well (they were built in Texas). We used them to drop the condensate out of the gas. The vanes would get damaged as we were flowing them too high. I have been inside quite a few of them for inspections as the ones we used were all quite big.

Dogman
13th July 2011, 05:44 PM
I have some experience with oil/gas vane type separators as well (they were built in Texas). We used them to drop the condensate out of the gas. The vanes would get damaged as we were flowing them too high. I have been inside quite a few of them for inspections as the ones we used were all quite big.

Use glycol and ceramic chips to increase surface area? Edit: had to google, been bunch of years since , have see vane types, they are good, but depending on the production mix, the gas may still be wet.and need further drying, gas co's scream about water, but down right love condensate.

Ever see any horizontal electrostatic heater treaters? or hear of Port-A-Check? Them days were fun, lot's of windshield time, and camping out at locations, waiting for enough production , to set the controls. Big sky's at night!

skid
13th July 2011, 05:54 PM
Use glycol and ceramic chips to increase surface area?

Ever see any horizontal electrostatic heater treaters? or hear of Port-A-Check? Them days were fun, lot's of windshield time, and camping out at locations, waiting for enough production , to set the controls. Big sky's at night!

No we were a ways downstream of production as we were mainline gas transmission. Mostly RR aero-derivative jets using gas from the pipe driving large centrifugal compressors. Had lots of windshield time myself. Sorry to side track this thread....

Dogman
13th July 2011, 05:57 PM
No we were a ways downstream of production as we were mainline gas transmission. Mostly RR aero-derivative jets using gas from the pipe driving large centrifugal compressors. Had lots of windshield time myself. Sorry to side track this thread....

Same here about the derail. Kool, never been farther down stream than my lact units. West tx bunches of windshield time.