PDA

View Full Version : The Removal of Silver from US Coins, Ralph T. Foster is interviewed by Darryl Robert

Serpo
14th July 2011, 12:33 AM
Darryl Robert Schoon interviews Ralph T. Foster, Berkeley coin dealer and author of the seminal book Fiat Paper Money. Mr. Foster discusses the removal of silver from US coins

http://www.youtube.com/user/SchoonWorks#p/u/0/pFx9EfM_Ugs

JDRock
14th July 2011, 07:21 AM
we all know the silver was removed, and who did it, but tell me....WHERE geographically is it now???? my guess is fort lox over in israel.

po boy
14th July 2011, 07:50 AM
I guess no one told him the US mint has been making ASEs since 1985.

chad
14th July 2011, 07:54 AM
we all know the silver was removed, and who did it, but tell me....WHERE geographically is it now???? my guess is fort lox over in israel.

i always wondered that as well. what happened to all of it?

solid
14th July 2011, 07:57 AM
i always wondered that as well. what happened to all of it?

Silver wasn't removed from the coins though...they just switched to clad, ie all new coins minted were clad. They didn't remove silver from the existing coins in circulation, did they? Those coins circulated until the people took them out of circulation.

chad
14th July 2011, 08:01 AM
i imagine bags of them were sent from the banks back to the mint or wherever. i can't believe they just let huge sacks of 90% coins be taken out of circulation by the populace. i have to believe they scammed us somehow.

skidmark
14th July 2011, 08:03 AM
They disappeared from circulation, smart people saved the old ones.

Twisted Titan
14th July 2011, 08:40 AM

only the biggest of the big players took delivery of the physical gold in ft knox......the type of filth that flourishes from the denizens of wall street

Ponce
14th July 2011, 08:57 AM
Most of them were melted in the 80's.