PDA

View Full Version : 3 girls Busted for Illegal Lemonade Stand!

Hermie
15th July 2011, 03:55 PM
Three girls trying to raise money to go to a waterpark thought that a lemonade stand would do the trick. But then they met the long arm of the law — their local police chief.

The girls had started up their stand in Midway, Ga., when Police Chief Kelly Morningstar and a deputy drove by.

"They told us to shut it down," 10-year-old Skylar Roberts was quoted as saying by The Coastal Source news website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed8O7b0TmF4

This is the email I just sent: Here's the email address: info@historicmidway.com

"Shutting down a kids lemonade stand. Ridiculous. And shameful.

'We didn't know where it was made, we didn't know who made it..'

Yeah, you got a real ' Chief ' there.

Did you have the SWAT team gearing up? I mean, there were three little girls, could have been trouble...

Have you no concept of what America was until fools like this began destroying the fabric of life here?

Shame on you."

Serpo
15th July 2011, 04:14 PM
Couldnt get the link...... they need to shut this sort of thing down FAST as everyone should know lemonade is the gateway to bigger crime.

Joe King
15th July 2011, 04:14 PM
What they should do is sell advice, and offer "free" lemonade as they give it.

BTW, here's the fixed link.

Joe King
15th July 2011, 04:33 PM
Rulz=pinkie rings

Find ways to make 'em into one.

Dogman
15th July 2011, 04:43 PM
No crime real or perceived , goes unpunished. Insert gagging icon ...Here

mick silver
15th July 2011, 04:47 PM
theys kids need to learn the hard way . they need some jail time . this would stop all the kids from mowing yards washing car are doing anything to make money . a few years in jail to think about what they have done

solid
15th July 2011, 05:03 PM
The kids should have got the business license...it's only $50 a day.::)

What a bunch of crap. Lemonade stands are as American as apple pie.

I remember having one as a kid, 25 cents a cup, and how great it felt to sell to freindly neighbors and such.

Neuro
15th July 2011, 05:05 PM
theys kids need to learn the hard way . They need some jail time . This would stop all the kids from mowing yards washing car are doing anything to make money . A few years in jail to think about what they have done

lol!!! ;d ;d

osoab
15th July 2011, 05:09 PM
Should have tazed the little brats. Can't skirt the rules even if you are ten. Frickin law breakers. They should have been inside text to friends or on facepuke.

Serpo
15th July 2011, 05:09 PM
The kids should have got the business license...it's only $50 a day.::)

What a bunch of crap. Lemonade stands are as American as apple pie.

I remember having one as a kid, 25 cents a cup, and how great it felt to sell to freindly neighbors and such.

Well they where not doughnuts.....what do you expect

solid
15th July 2011, 05:22 PM
Well they where not doughnuts.....what do you expect

I'm actually thinking about getting that bumper sticker...Bad cop, no doughnut. I couldn't imagine shutting down a lemonade stand. The cops had a choice, just keep driving..or better, stop and buy a damn lemonade!

Those cops could have really made those girl's day, if they had stopped and bought a lemonade from them.

I don't know why this story hits me so hard, but man we really are a police state!

gunDriller
15th July 2011, 05:33 PM
theys kids need to learn the hard way . they need some jail time . this would stop all the kids from mowing yards washing car are doing anything to make money . a few years in jail to think about what they have done

or give the young ladies a gun - and some good training - and let them settle it the old fashioned way.

since they're minors, they'll do minimal jail time - and the cop did take away their constitutional rights, and the cops also broke their vow to "protect & serve".

if it ever came to jury, many Americans would say the young women did nothing wrong.

Serpo
15th July 2011, 05:40 PM
And who do the council think they are.....they think or say they own everything and anything you do is under their control............well I say BS the council own nothing apart from the fact they say they do.............common land should be owned by the people for the people ............instead its so called owned by twirps (most council people)................

TheNocturnalEgyptian
15th July 2011, 05:44 PM
No harm, no crime

General of Darkness
15th July 2011, 05:56 PM
Another Lemonade stand shut down. I wonder if the kids were black if the same thing would have happened, probably not, because that would be racist.

Welcome to Amerikwa. I'm going to beat your ass you little bitches, where's your license?

http://truthorigins.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/martial-law-police-state.jpg

Hermie
15th July 2011, 05:58 PM
I'm actually thinking about getting that bumper sticker...Bad cop, no doughnut. I couldn't imagine shutting down a lemonade stand. The cops had a choice, just keep driving..or better, stop and buy a damn lemonade!

Those cops could have really made those girl's day, if they had stopped and bought a lemonade from them.

You know, that's exactly right! The cops should have stopped and bought a lemonade from the kids.
And I know that is what has happened in the past and probably still happens other places.

But these robot bast*rds see it as the right thing to do is close it down.

This is the stuff that has to stop.

And this is the kind of thing that will cause the break that results in people making chumps like that understand
what should be done in an American town.

Damn! it pisses me off.

EE_
15th July 2011, 06:22 PM
It's good to start the kids off early to know who the enemy is.

NOT OKAY---->http://www.ewemasenze.com/images/Gaby%20&%20Friend%20-%20Lemonade%20Stand.JPG

OKAY---->http://images.publicradio.org/content/2006/05/09/20060509_immigration_2.jpg

willie pete
15th July 2011, 06:39 PM
police are nothing but robots now days...brainwashed robots

AndreaGail
15th July 2011, 06:44 PM
serves them right!!!

I work hard to get my income taxed and these domestic terrorists go about clearly commiting tax evasion

mrnhtbr2232
15th July 2011, 06:47 PM
or give the young ladies a gun - and some good training - and let them settle it the old fashioned way.

since they're minors, they'll do minimal jail time - and the cop did take away their constitutional rights, and the cops also broke their vow to "protect & serve".

if it ever came to jury, many Americans would say the young women did nothing wrong.

This site rocks.

osoab
15th July 2011, 06:51 PM

This site rocks.

Grand jury declines to indict man who shot at police in Pleasant Grove (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20110712-grand-jury-declines-to-indict-man-who-shot-at-police-in-pleasant-grove.ece)

A grand jury has declined to indict Steven Ray Jones after he was accused of intentionally shooting at Dallas police (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Dallas_Police_Department) officers last month at a Pleasant Grove apartment complex.

At the time of the shooting, Jones, 27, was on the phone begging a 911 operator to quickly send the police as men tried to kick in the door. Jones said he believed attackers who critically injured his cousin had returned to the apartment.
He said he unintentionally opened fire on the police. Three officers suffered minor injuries from shrapnel and debris.

“I was praying and God came through,” Jones said in a jail interview Tuesday after he learned he would go free. “It was an accident.”

The Dallas Police Department typically refers cases in which someone shoots another person in apparent self-defense, such as when a homeowner shoots a burglar, to a grand jury. The accused remains free pending the grand jury’s decision on whether he or she should face trial.

The Police Department instead arrested Jones on three counts of aggravated assault on a public servant. He has been in jail since the incident June 13.
“Although the person was not indicted, we still believe it was the right course of action because three Dallas police officers were injured during the course of this incident,” said Deputy Chief Craig Miller.

solid
15th July 2011, 06:56 PM
This is the stuff that has to stop.

And this is the kind of thing that will cause the break that results in people making chumps like that understand
what should be done in an American town.

Damn! it pisses me off.

Pisses me off too. Imagine, a revolution starting over a lemonade stand. Man, that would be great. That would put the tea party smiling, our forefathers..heck ya.

American tradition. I wonder if it's still alive...even hidden undernearth our consumption lifestyles. Maybe that fire is still there. One can hope.

Joe King
15th July 2011, 11:22 PM
And who do the council think they are.....they think or say they own everything and anything you do is under their control............well I say BS the council own nothing apart from the fact they say they do.............common land should be owned by the people for the people ............instead its so called owned by twirps (most council people)................
Stuff like lemonade stands should, at the least, be exempt from such rules.
...but we should ask from where does the supposed authority come from to pass "laws" like these in the first place.

The permits and licenses are "required" in order to make sure that anyone offering food or drink for sale to the general public has in fact sourced their food or drink through the regulated system that we, along with past generations have allowed to be created in our names.
By being a card carrying member of the Civil State that created such rulz, you implicitely agree to be bound by those rulz.
Which, btw is also the same reason they get so irate over sales to the public of raw milk. That is because it is impossible to source raw milk through the regulated system in order to offer for sale to the general public in the first place.

Those rulz are presumably there for our protection. ie if you haven't seen the food prepared, you really don't know what's in it.
But sometimes those rulz can be over bearing and punitive. So when they are, they should be worked around, IMHO.

Which gets me back to my original statement of finding ways to wrap rulz like those around your pinkie finger without actually breaking them.
Seeing as how they've been schooled by "the man", they obviously have advice to give. lol

Hillbilly
16th July 2011, 12:20 AM
Three girls trying to raise money to go to a waterpark thought that a lemonade stand would do the trick. But then they met the long arm of the law — their local police chief.

The girls had started up their stand in Midway, Ga., when Police Chief Kelly Morningstar and a deputy drove by.

"They told us to shut it down," 10-year-old Skylar Roberts was quoted as saying by The Coastal Source news website.

This is the email I just sent: Here's the email address: info@historicmidway.com

"Shutting down a kids lemonade stand. Ridiculous. And shameful.

'We didn't know where it was made, we didn't know who made it..'

Yeah, you got a real ' Chief ' there.

Did you have the SWAT team gearing up? I mean, there were three little girls, could have been trouble...

Have you no concept of what America was until fools like this began destroying the fabric of life here?

Shame on you."

I'm really sick of how kids like this get busted and fucking Ilegal Mexinuggets are on every corner of the street in my Neighborhood selling fruit and not one time do the cops even think to go ask them if they have a business license. It is making me fucking sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Twisted Titan
16th July 2011, 02:02 AM
That because their is no financial incentive in scooping up a car load of illegal Mexicans.

They would quickly over flow the jail system with food and housing costs.

That is why nothing happens to them.

EE_
16th July 2011, 07:36 AM
That because their is no financial incentive in scooping up a car load of illegal Mexicans.

Hypothetical situation...
Cop sees two people driving down the same road,

one white guy in a new Mercedes going 7 miles over the speed limit,

the other, 4 Mexican guys in a beat up pick-up truck with a broken tail light, hugely overloaded bed containing copper pipe/wire, old appliances stacked two high and empty beer bottles, Mexican flag stickers and eight silhouette family stickers on the rear window, playing loud Mariachi music, weaving and going 9 miles over the speed limit.

Who gets pulled over?

Dogman
16th July 2011, 07:42 AM

the other, 4 Mexican guys in a beat up pick-up truck with a broken tail light, hugely overloaded bed containing copper pipe/wire, old appliances stacked two high and empty beer bottles, Mexican flag stickers and eight silhouette family stickers on the rear window, playing loud Mariachi music, weaving and going 9 miles over the speed limit.

Who gets pulled over?

LOL, That is so far the best loaded question on the forum this morning.

mick silver
16th July 2011, 09:35 AM

your wrong there would be no one to clean houses and mow rich peoples yards

Joe King
16th July 2011, 03:02 PM

Who gets pulled over?

Neither one would get pulled over because the scenario you offer is not based upon reality.

The real-World scenario would have the Mexican driven truck going at least 9mph under the limit with the white guy in the Mercedes bitchin' his head off because he's stuck behind them in a no passing zone. lol

Hillbilly
16th July 2011, 03:38 PM

Around here it's usually Mexinuggets driving High Dollar SUVS while looking like they just walked out of the jungle. And yes it's just the poor white folks gettting pulled over. I've never seen a Beaner in a SUV pulled over ever! no matter how stupid they were driving and yes they all seem to have them fucking Mexican flag stickers on them too. :-(

Neuro
16th July 2011, 04:12 PM
Today my kids had a lemonade stand in the small town of Sweden where we have our summerhouse. For the last three days there have been a rock festival here, and our house is situated between the festival area, and the town center-railway station, so a lot of passerbys. They did exceptionally well and sold about 20 big cups and 40 small cups, and made the equivalent of about $65, and where sooo happy.

Tomorrow is the last day of the festival, and sunshine is expected. First days were cloudy/rainy and cold, so I told them not to bother. Anyway if the Police would try something with my kids, they would have to arrest me first.

osoab
16th July 2011, 05:01 PM
This site rocks.

Today my kids had a lemonade stand in the small town of Sweden where we have our summerhouse. For the last three days there have been a rock festival here, and our house is situated between the festival area, and the town center-railway station, so a lot of passerbys. They did exceptionally well and sold about 20 big cups and 40 small cups, and made the equivalent of about $65, and where sooo happy.

Tomorrow is the last day of the festival, and sunshine is expected. First days were cloudy/rainy and cold, so I told them not to bother. Anyway if the Police would try something with my kids, they would have to arrest me first.

If it's the last day, then double the prices. You may make out on munchie food too.

Dogman
21st July 2011, 05:13 AM
Update! No town likes to look bad, (mostly) and this story gave them a black eye.

Appleton Police Apologize for Closing Kids' Lemonade Stand

By Chris Hrapsky
Appleton police are apologizing to a family for shutting down their children's lemonade stand over the weekend.
The family is still trying to figure out how their lemonade stand became the stuff of national headlines.

"We thought it was just kind of a fun community story, not so much a big, controversial thing," mom Margi Mann said.
"I didn't think that would happen just because of one lemonade stand," young Vivian said.

On Sunday, Vivian and her sister's stand, Lydia's Lemonade, and a neighboring "business," Caroline's Cookies, were shut down by police. Police said the stand violated a city ordinance.

"We just wanted to sell lemonade for 50 cents," Lydia said.
Appleton public health officer and Fox Cities Kiwanis member Kurt Eggebrecht says there's been a problem with vendors setting up near Kiwanis-sponsored events.

"They decrease their ability to make funds when other vendors, who don't pay those fees, sell their products in or at the same event," Eggebrecht explained.
The city council changed the ordinance in June to prohibit licensed vendors from setting up within two blocks of a special event. Vivian and her sister live a block away.

The key word in that ordinance is "licensed." The lemonade stand that started right here was obviously not a licensed vendor, and that's where police say they got it wrong.

Sergeant Pat DeWall of the Appleton Police Department says there was some gray area in the new ordinance that caused confusion for the officers.
"That's basically what he said. 'This is a kids' lemonade stand, do I really have to do this?'" DeWall recounted.

"Based on the information they had it appeared that lemonade stands applied to those restrictions... Obviously in hindsight we know it didn't," DeWall said.
He says the city and police have since apologized to the family.

"With the clarification that we've all gotten, lemonade stands don't apply," DeWall said, "so we won't have to be going out and shutting down any lemonade stands in the near future."

It's a victory for the young sisters, who actually earned more money in tips than they ever did selling lemonade, not to mention learning a valuable lesson about what to do when life hands you lemons.

"I learned that if there is a problem then you should try and conquer it and still try to have fun," Lydia said.

Video at link.

http://www.wbay.com/story/15117967/2011/07/20/appleton-police-apologize-for-closing-kids-lemonade-stand

osoab
21st July 2011, 07:21 AM
So, can they claim loss of business and sue the town?

Dogman
21st July 2011, 07:24 AM
So, can they claim loss of business and sue the town? It would be funney if the mom or dad were lawyers and did just that, it would be a major hoot!

I bet it was the national/world wide exposure that made that town see the light. LOL!

Hermie
21st July 2011, 07:53 AM
Police chief's house shot at after she shut lemonade stand down

This is the one from Georgia.
It was only a pellet gun, but it's a step in the right direction...

http://www.wistv.com/story/15116553/police-chiefs-house-shot-at-after-he-shut-lemonado-stand-down

MIDWAY, GA (WTOC) - A small town police chief who gained national attention after shutting down a lemonade stand has been moved out of her home after somebody shot at it with a pellet gun.
Police said Midway Police Chief Kelli Morningstar and her family were relocated for safety after the incident.
Morningstar has been the subject of some scrutiny after she and a rookie police officer shut down a lemonade stand run by three girls trying to save up for a trip to a water park.

Police said the girls standing and waving their signs dangerously close to the road. "They were unsupervised so that was the first concern that we had," said Officer Duvale Page Sr. "With no parents in sight, we chose to let the young ladies know they couldn't sell the lemonade that way."
The girls had been operating the stand in the town of less than 2,000 residents for one day when the chief and another officer drove by. According to town ordinances, the girls needed a business license, peddler's permit and food permit to operate. The permits cost $50 a day or $180 per year.

City officials say they've cited and ticketed about a dozen unlicensed vendors for selling door-to-door or on street corners, based on instructions from the mayor and council to enforce the ordinances.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
21st July 2011, 07:57 AM
All of this could have been avoided if those girls would have greased some palms.

solid
21st July 2011, 08:12 AM
It's uplifting to read that this story has a happy ending. Just awesome the police did a public apology.

I really consider this to be a big 'win' for the American people. It shows that media exposure can overturn injustice, it shows it can keep police in check and make them think more about the true meaning behind police work. The be servants to protect and support the people.

This is a big step in the right direction. It brings a big smile to my face, thinking about just how big a lemonade stand can be.

So...when ever you drive buy and see a lemonade stand, buy a glass for justice! And, to encourage American spirit!

Neuro
21st July 2011, 08:53 AM
My kids earned in total about $110, on their lemonade stand, in the two days they had it. It sure beats the meager allowance I give them, about $3 a week... But I give them silver if they do well in school, or other good performances...

Funny thing was that a guy bicycling past their stand, threw an old Swedish 40% silver coin to them. I don't know if he knew it was silver, but it was worth aprox. 20x face value...