PDA

View Full Version : Man stabbed after hitting/killing child

Joe King
20th July 2011, 01:39 AM
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM)- Doctors say the driver who was stabbed after his vehicle hit and killed two-year-old Javonni Conley is expected to recover. The boyfriend of the child's mother, 34-year-old Dierre Coteat, is facing attempted murder charges for ...

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=Javonni+Conley+&btnmeta_news_search=Search+News&tbm=nws <---pick your own story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhr3L3Ha_0Q&feature=player_embedded

This is tragic all the way around. I wish everyone would pay better attention when they drive. :(

Glass
20th July 2011, 02:39 AM
Kid chases ball onto road. Seems like a case of bad parenting to me.

nunaem
20th July 2011, 02:41 AM
How about people pay better attention to their children? Apart from the stab wound this poor driver has to live with the guilt because someone was too careless to look after their bastard spawn.

Joe King
20th July 2011, 03:37 AM
How about people pay better attention to their children? Apart from the stab wound this poor driver has to live with the guilt because someone was too careless to look after their bastard spawn.

Yea, people should do that, too.

However, that doesn't excuse drivers from not being fully aware at all times, as to what is in front of their vehicle.
Had he been paying attention, he wouldn't have stopped down at the end of the block, but rather right after he hit the child. Unless of course he was driving much too fast and neded the extra distance to stop.

What's the distance it takes you to stop your car when going at a speed appropiate for a residential neighborhood? A whole block?

Besides, everyone knows that kids play in residential neighborhoods and unfortunately they sometimes they end up in the street chasing after their ball.

Awoke
20th July 2011, 05:23 AM
Blah blah blah. I'm Joe King. Everything I post is contrary to whatever anyone else ever posts. Blah blah blah.

Awoke
20th July 2011, 05:27 AM
Dierre Coteat (KILLA KNIGHT)'s profile on Myspace

www.myspace.com/114504137 (http://www.myspace.com/114504137)

http://media.mlive.com/grpress/news_impact/photo/9810368-large.jpg

Joe King
20th July 2011, 08:44 AM
Blah blah blah. I'm Joe King. Everything I post is contrary to whatever anyone else ever posts. Blah blah blah.
It's not about being contrary, but rather I was saying that people need to pay attention to where they have their two tons of rolling mass pointed.
Have you or one of your loved ones ever been hit or killed by an inattentive driver? Perhaps by one on their cell phone? If so, then you'd probably understand from where I'm coming from.

Getting somewhere a minute quicker isn't worth someones life and there's too many drivers out there not paying attention. I don't condone the guy getting stabbed, but I can understand the wanting to kick someones ass for their obvious negligence. Not paying attention to the point someone getting hit is negligence in my book.

Cebu_4_2
20th July 2011, 08:47 AM
I like tater tots.

mick silver
20th July 2011, 09:59 AM
i like pop corn ... dam no pop corn icon

Ash_Williams
20th July 2011, 10:03 AM
Had he been paying attention, he wouldn't have stopped down at the end of the block, but rather right after he hit the child. Unless of course he was driving much too fast and neded the extra distance to stop.

In the articles it says he just turned the corner in a pickup, so how fast could he be going? Also said investagors beleived there was nothing he could do to avoid it.

If you let your kids run onto the street, shit will happen. Don't let them run onto the street. Or should train operators pay more attention too?

Probably the kid's done it a dozen times but the parents figured it was better to use a "time out" instead of smack him the first time.

Book
20th July 2011, 10:23 AM
It's not about being contrary, but rather I was saying that if you scummy White Trash people had not owned this still-angry black man's grandfather as a slave a hundred years ago he would not be stabbing you today. It's all your fault this happened.

You all can read more about yourselves at my website: http://www.adl.org/PresRele/NeoSk_82/default.htm

Thank you for sharing Mr. King.

:)

willie pete
20th July 2011, 10:29 AM
...another message from Officer Safety....::) ....how fast do I drive through a residential neighborhood? well IF I HAVE to Detour through a negro neighborhood, I'll probably be doing about 60 ;)

Joe King
20th July 2011, 10:45 AM
I never said the parents shouldn't have been watching better, but the video said the guy didn't even realize he hit him until he was down the street.
Either that or he wasn't going to stop, but then thought better of it.

I know a person who hit someone recently in a turning situation. They even had the right-of-way per the police who said it was not their fault, but they still ended up having to pay over $100,000 to the person they hit......who wasn't even in a crosswalk. They were jaywalking in violation of the law.
I was floored when I heard how it turned out.

The reason I say drivers need to pay better attention is for the benefit of both parties.
Hitting someone, even if it's 100% not your fault, can cost in ways that most people assume could never happen.

Awoke
20th July 2011, 01:11 PM
It's not about being contrary, but rather I was saying that people need to pay attention to where they have their two tons of rolling mass pointed.
Have you or one of your loved ones ever been hit or killed by an inattentive driver? Perhaps by one on their cell phone? If so, then you'd probably understand from where I'm coming from.

Getting somewhere a minute quicker isn't worth someones life and there's too many drivers out there not paying attention. I don't condone the guy getting stabbed, but I can understand the wanting to kick someones ass for their obvious negligence. Not paying attention to the point someone getting hit is negligence in my book.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that all vehicle operators should exercise extreme caution and I feel terrible for the child and family.

I just posted that because I had just finished reading all your "blah blah blah" in the other thread, where you were playing trollololololo with everyone and a couple members felt the need to place you on "ignore".
(Which by no means is something to be proud of, Joe)

joboo
20th July 2011, 01:29 PM

Kids run out from behind cars, bushes, and other visual obstacles right into the streets without looking.

No speed short of a few miles per hour is going to prevent an accident when this happens. Going 10-15 mph will not even avoid the collision just reduce the damage after impact.

I know, I've witnessed a couple of them of them, and slow driving can still offer little to no chance depending when the kid runs out into the road, and what cars, bushes etc are on the side of the road.

Unless you saying drive well under the speed limit whenever there are parked cars, bushes etc on the side of the road....not sure how practicle that's going to be.

The streets are dangerous, look both ways, and all that. Assume they are dangerous at all times, and they often are when comparing metal to skin and bone...

Joe King
20th July 2011, 01:31 PM
Awoke, I'm not trolling anyone.

All I've done is to offer my opinions on various topics that I have interest in, and then others have wanted to take me to task for it simply because they didn't like my opinion.
...or the fact that I am willing to defend my position.

BTW, thanks for agreeing with me in this thread Awoke. The only point I was trying to make is that people need to act responsibly when they hold in their hands the power to wreck the lives of others in a heartbeat.

Joe King
20th July 2011, 01:33 PM
Kids run out from behind cars, bushes, and other visual obstacles right into the streets without looking.

No speed short of a few miles per hour is going to prevent an accident when this happens. Going 10-15 mph will not even avoid the collision just reduce the damage after impact.

I know, I've witnessed a couple of them of them, and slow driving can still offer little to no chance depending when the kid runs out into the road, and what cars, bushes etc are on the side of the road.

Unless you saying drive well under the speed limit whenever there are parked cars, bushes etc on the side of the road....not sure how practicle that's going to be.

The streets are dangerous, look both ways, and all that. Assume they are dangerous at all times, and they often are when comparing metal to skin and bone...
I realize that accidents happen. \

But slower speeds turn what would have been a deadly accident into a survivable accident.

ximmy
20th July 2011, 01:39 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/31/96d9f316-eabe-4bcb-9c69-719235d7aabf.jpg

Awoke, I'm not trolling anyone.

All I've done is to offer my opinions on various topics that I have interest in, and then others have wanted to take me to task for it simply because they didn't like my opinion.
...or the fact that I am willing to defend my position.

BTW, thanks for agreeing with me in this thread Awoke. The only point I was trying to make is that people need to act responsibly when they hold in their hands the power to wreck the lives of others in a heartbeat.

Joe King
20th July 2011, 01:42 PM
Looks llike you are the troll Ximmy.

Rule #1 ....keep it on topic

Dogman
20th July 2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21uEV0rXJIQ
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/31/96d9f316-eabe-4bcb-9c69-719235d7aabf.jpg

joboo
20th July 2011, 01:44 PM
I realize that accidents happen. \

But slower speeds turn what would have been a deadly accident into a survivable accident.

I knew enough to know cars would hurt me at 5 years of age. Before that i was not allowed to get into, around, or near the streets without my parents. It just never happened.

Darwin always wins in the end.

Joe King
20th July 2011, 01:53 PM
Obviously, if you are still here, it never happened to you.

And I agree, little kids shouldn't have been in the street.
...but sometimmes that's where they end up anyways. When I took Dr Ed one of the main things they stressed was to watch out for little kids in residential neighborhoods.

But like my friend that's out $100,000 said, it was determined that he should have been able to see the person he hit. That's with having a police report that stated he was not at fault and was not cited. It was also a turning accident. Similar to this one.

Hitting someone during one moment of inattention can cost alot.
...but I realize too that each individual driver somehow thinks it'll never happen to them.

ximmy
20th July 2011, 01:54 PM
Looks llike you are the troll Ximmy.

http://www.eastside-online.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/tattle_tales_comic1.jpg

Joe King
20th July 2011, 02:08 PM
Wow, Ximmy. You really think my posting an opinion on a threads subject equates to attacking others? Wow! lol
...but I suppose that's your opinion.

Now, got anything even close to being topic worthy?

Book
20th July 2011, 02:42 PM
Looks like you are the troll Ximmy.

http://www.cwporter.com/jews_image13.jpg