PDA

View Full Version : Why Farm Kids Don't Have Allergies But City Kids Do

MNeagle
23rd July 2011, 02:41 PM
Why Farm Kids Don’t Have Allergies But City Kids Do

Read more at FYI Living: http://fyiliving.com/health/allergy-asthma/why-farm-kids-dont-have-allergies-but-city-kids-do/#ixzz1Sy0DoDzb

If your child suffers with allergies and asthma, your family probably lives in a city, not on a farm. It’s not the city pollution that’s to blame either, in fact it’s the cleanliness

A 2011 report (http://fyiliving.com/research/rural-children-have-fewer-allergies/) documents the results of two European studies that looked at the differences between city kids and farm kids when it comes to developing allergies and childhood asthma. The studies indicated that youngsters who live on farms are 30 to 50 percent less likely than their city cousins to develop asthma or allergies.

Germ-filled Mattresses

One study focused on children’s bed mattresses. Researchers found that the mattresses of kids who lived on farms were chocked full of a wide assortment of bacteria. City kids’ mattresses contained far fewer bacteria in comparison.
But when it came to asthma and allergies, the opposite was true. City kids had way more allergies and were much more likely to be asthmatic compared to those who lived on farms.

Microbe-Laced Bedrooms

The other study zeroed in on dust found in children’s’ rooms. Dust from farm kids’ rooms contained plenty of bacteria and fungus. Meanwhile, city kids’ rooms contained a lot fewer microbes in comparisons.

But, once again, the city kids experienced allergies and suffered asthma attacks to a much greater degree than those who lived on farms.

Based on these studies, researchers conclude that it’s beneficial to live in an environment that contains an assortment of “good germs,” microorganisms that help a child’s body develop resistance to allergies and asthma.

Prevention, Solutions

If you’re a city dweller and looking forward to having a baby, consider moving to a rural area before your baby’s birth. Or, if that’s not feasible, bring home a pet or two before your due date. Research suggests (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21625021) that having pets will introduce germs into your home that might keep your baby-to-be from developing asthma and allergies later on.

In addition, plan to allow your baby plenty of play time in parks where there are lots of trees, grass, flowers, and bushes so she can be exposed to the outdoors like farm children are.

Read more at FYI Living: http://fyiliving.com/health/allergy-asthma/why-farm-kids-dont-have-allergies-but-city-kids-do/#ixzz1Sy0eOtGh

http://fyiliving.com/health/allergy-asthma/why-farm-kids-dont-have-allergies-but-city-kids-do/

Perhaps a greatly reduced exposure to chemtrails as well???

Dogman
23rd July 2011, 02:54 PM
I can agree 100% with the article.

Country kid's are also 100% more likely to get and stay dirty, playing or doing chores outside, compared to city kid's. When growing up kid's need to crawl through the muck, taste, dam near everything they can get their hands on, and eat a few bugs to boot.

Kid's today are being raised way too clean, when young that is the time to build up the immune system, not when older. Kid's can have and survive , things while young. That can kill when older, Mumps is one that comes to mind.

When young , dirt is your friend, in more way than one.

palani
23rd July 2011, 03:00 PM
In the hog raising business a SPF (specific parasite free) animal is one that has not had the opportunity to be birthed naturally. Instead these animals come from C-section (I expect later generations come naturally but still are considered SPF). Wonder if there is any correlation between C-sections and conditions such as asthma?

osoab
23rd July 2011, 03:13 PM
I be one of the exceptions then. Big time allergies and asthma as a kid. Shots and the whole nine yards.

Dogman
23rd July 2011, 03:19 PM
In the hog raising business a SPF (specific parasite free) animal is one that has not had the opportunity to be birthed naturally. Instead these animals come from C-section (I expect later generations come naturally but still are considered SPF). Wonder if there is any correlation between C-sections and conditions such as asthma?

That Sir is a dam fine question! C-sections have become the new norm, for years now. Primarily because doctors and hospitals are afraid of law suits.

Santa
23rd July 2011, 03:41 PM
I be one of the exceptions then. Big time allergies and asthma as a kid. Shots and the whole nine yards.

Me too! Raised on a farm. Huge allergies. Hay fever, asthma, shots, misery, inhalers, antihistamines, grogginess, hospital emergencies. It still sucks.

And no, my Mom was not a clean freak by any stretch.

osoab
23rd July 2011, 03:43 PM
Me too! Raised on a farm. Huge allergies. Hay fever, asthma, shots, misery, inhalers, antihistamines, grogginess, hospital emergencies. It still sucks.

And no, my Mom was not a clean freak by any stretch.

Slept with a feather pillow. Who would have thunk that I was allergic to feathers?

Dogman
23rd July 2011, 03:48 PM
Did not say kid's on the farm would all be 100% healthy. It is all of the colds, and shit kid's have when young that builds the immune system. Schools for example as most know, are germ factory's. And the young ones come home and proceed to share the fun, with the rest of the family.

keehah
24th July 2011, 01:40 AM
Based on these studies, researchers conclude that it’s beneficial to live in an environment that contains an assortment of “good germs,” microorganisms that help a child’s body develop resistance to allergies and asthma.
Bullshit. All they should conclude is that bacteria and fungus population density (at measured household locations) was not correlated with allergy and asthma type immune disfunctions.

muffin
24th July 2011, 11:42 AM
Pox party, anyone? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pox_party)

Dogman
23rd November 2013, 05:29 PM
Bump!

Mothers that do not know any better!