PDA

View Full Version : If this doesn't move you, then the beast system has killed you inside

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 05:03 PM
WOWOWOWOWOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BewknNW2b8Y

MNeagle
23rd July 2011, 05:22 PM
O.K. Pass the tissues...

Dogman
23rd July 2011, 05:24 PM
He had a hard time of it , this just may change his life, forever for the good.

Outstanding voice.

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 05:34 PM
Well, we have at least one party who is dead inside, seeing as how they gave this thread a 'terrible' rating. lol

Ponce
23rd July 2011, 05:47 PM
For what I was at one time......I am now becoming a pussycat......MNeagle? pass me the box after you finish with them, if there are any more in the box.

Buddha
23rd July 2011, 06:05 PM
This guy is brilliant. I hate the judges. Like my old music instructor of years said. "If you can make people cry then you've got it made." Brilliant voice, and considering the circumstances it is amazing.

Santa
23rd July 2011, 06:29 PM
"If you can make people cry then you've got it made."

Now that's sig worthy. :)

That guy's voice, from the first note, resonated the whole building, it was so rich and full.

He was probably a genetic experiment.

nunaem
23rd July 2011, 07:09 PM
I skipped forward to the singing part, he's a good singer but I don't understand why all the women are crying. It must be the Bieber-do .

MNeagle
23rd July 2011, 07:13 PM
You have to watch the whole thing (especially the beginning), to get the 'front story'....

Ponce
23rd July 2011, 07:13 PM
nunaem? to hell with the women...........how about the MACHO MAN like me.......?..........somethings you have to feel without seeing it.

Buddha
23rd July 2011, 07:26 PM
I skipped forward to the singing part, he's a good singer but I don't understand why all the women are crying. It must be the Bieber-do .

The kid is a fucking orphan who escaped the orphanage because he was beaten then went on to sell gum on the street and live in bathrooms for a decade.

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 07:31 PM
The kid is a fucking orphan who escaped the orphanage because he was beaten then went on to sell gum on the street and live in bathrooms for a decade.

He escaped the orphanage and began living on the streets when he was FIVE YEARS OLD.

mrnhtbr2232
23rd July 2011, 07:31 PM
Yep - the beast system has killed me inside. I imagine the kid is what you would get if Susan Boyle ate a stray dog.

General of Darkness
23rd July 2011, 07:34 PM

Because he was singing, "Kill all round eye babies".

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 07:37 PM
Yep - the beast system has killed me inside. I imagine the kid is what you would get if Susan Boyle ate a stray dog.

This kid pulled himself up by his own bootstraps against incredible odds, which is most admirable. How unfortunate you're unable to comprehend what that means. The kid has SOUL.

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 07:44 PM
Because he was singing, "Kill all round eye babies".

Actually he sung an Italian song, 'Nella Fantasia' (music by Ennio Morricone of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly soundtrack fame, as in 'The Ecstasy of Gold')

Nella Fantasia (English translation)

In my imagination I see a fair world,
Everyone lives in peace and in honesty there.
I dream of souls that are always free,
Like the clouds that fly,
Full of humanity in the depths of the soul.

In my imagination I see a bright world,
Even the night is less dark there.
Like clouds that fly.

In my imagination there exists a warm wind,
That breathes on the cities, like a friend.
Like clouds that fly,
Full of humanity in the depths of the soul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nella_Fantasia

General of Darkness
23rd July 2011, 07:45 PM
Actually he sung an Italian song, 'Nella Fantasia' (music by Ennio Morricone of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly fame, as in 'The Ecstasy of Gold')

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nella_Fantasia

I know, and I will NEVER admit, that I might have gotten teary eyed, but I think it was just dust or something.

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 07:50 PM
I know, and I will NEVER admit, that I might have gotten teary eyed, but I think it was just dust or something.

If only American kids would aspire to half that sort of effort in pursuit of art (instead of playing violent video games), imagine how much better off we'd be.

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 07:54 PM
Beauty will save the world. --Dostoyevsky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXPAhUIuKoI

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 08:00 PM
In case you're not familiar with Morricone, he's a genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-rHdSWZLpQ

mrnhtbr2232
23rd July 2011, 08:17 PM
This kid pulled himself up by his own bootstraps against incredible odds, which is most admirable. How unfortunate you're unable to comprehend what that means. The kid has SOUL.

Your post was making the assumption that if people didn't let the story make them emotional then they were dead inside. By admitting I was not moved emotionally and making a veiled racist corollary you took that to mean I don't understand soul or the achievement of prevailing as a self-reliant person? Does one sentence of criticism paint me as an absolute? That is a tactic of our enemies, not our allies that know deep thinking has many superficial comments from time to time but still gets it.

Book
23rd July 2011, 09:38 PM

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200704/28/images/star5.jpg
Brilliant plot for a movie project. My son will be perfect as the star!

::) call steven spielberg. he came to your Bar Mitzvah.

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 10:06 PM
Your post was making the assumption that if people didn't let the story make them emotional then they were dead inside. By admitting I was not moved emotionally and making a veiled racist corollary you took that to mean I don't understand soul or the achievement of prevailing as a self-reliant person? Does one sentence of criticism paint me as an absolute? That is a tactic of our enemies, not our allies that know deep thinking has many superficial comments from time to time but still gets it.

Being 'moved' does not necessarily mean 'getting emotional', it simply means that one recognizes that this kid has an irrepressible spirit and deep down inside is a loving soul despite the hand he's been dealt. To not feel something like that indicates to me a very hard heart - which is what I would expect from our resident JBT bootlicker.

Book
23rd July 2011, 10:08 PM
To not feel something like that indicates to me a very hard heart - which is what I would expect from our resident JBT bootlicker.

http://blogs.app.com/limelight/files/2011/03/judge-judy.jpg

nice guilt trip...lol.

Twisted Titan
23rd July 2011, 10:20 PM
I wish well for him ...............I hope his time in the barrel is over............and the vultures of muisic dont prey on him

midnight rambler
23rd July 2011, 10:20 PM
Well I suppose it IS judgmental to expect the hard-hearted and loveless to feel good for this kid directly and for humanity indirectly for his contribution.

Tango Sierra

Santa
24th July 2011, 07:01 AM
The back story may be bullshit. I don't know, though I doubt it. The one thing I do know is, his singing voice cannot be denied.

It resonates on a soul level, and anything that enervates soul, affirms life.

Book
24th July 2011, 09:54 AM
The one thing I do know is, his singing voice cannot be denied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOfKAPGfd6k

Despite being abandoned at birth and raised by wolves this little White girl...

::)

willie pete
24th July 2011, 10:59 AM
Say what you want, but I say the story is contrived bullshit for television.

Do you really believe this kid has been on his own since he was 5 years old?

I think it's kinda fishy too....5 years old on the streets? I don't discount that part, but he looks too good...and he said he took the tests to finish elementary& middle schools? BS....

Santa
24th July 2011, 11:22 AM
Maybe he's the result of a secret government(alien) genetics program in which Caruso's DNA was implanted into a lost homeless Chinese/Korean sex slave,
who gave birth to this young guy, who was secretly nurtured by invisible government(alien) forces allowing him to believe himself to be a street urchin
but in reality was protected and guided into this new role of musical hero for the bleating masses to feed upon. :)

Joe King
24th July 2011, 11:25 AM
The one thing I do know is, his singing voice cannot be denied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOfKAPGfd6k

Despite being abandoned at birth and raised by wolves this little White girl...

::)

Thanks for posting that Book. She's good too.

I also wanted to say that people of all colors and creed can and do have talent.

Thanks for helping to point that out, too. :)

Book
24th July 2011, 11:46 AM
I also wanted to say that people of all colors and creed can and do have talent.

Who are "your" people and what is "your" creed?

:) oh that's right...you refuse to say...lol.

gunDriller
24th July 2011, 01:03 PM
kid's got a good voice.

he seemed real genuine when he talked about his life.

maybe he didn't have the money for teeth-rotting foods (soda candy) ... or maybe he's just got good teeth.

or maybe he has 8 cavities, who knows.

Joe King
24th July 2011, 03:46 PM

Who are "your" people and what is "your" creed?

:) oh that's right...you refuse to say...lol.

We've been over this before, Book.

I know it's hard for you, but please try to pay more betterer attention this time, ok?

My people are human beings, as I've told you many times.

You are the one who has never acknowledged actually being human.
I wonder why that is? Are you Martian?
As I told you in that other thread, I've always assumed that all people on Earth were human beings.

Are you one of too? Only you can say for sure.

As for my Creed...

I believe in the United States of America, as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.
I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Please don't be an enemy of it, ok Book?

Book
24th July 2011, 03:57 PM
My people are human beings, as I've told you many times.

As for my Creed...

I believe in the United States of America, as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

You believe in "Open Borders" so all "human beings" can enter our USA.

::) your real creed

Joe King
24th July 2011, 04:03 PM
Where did I say that? :confused:

You obviously no read so good lately Book. lol

Here's a question you ought to be able to understand.

How's it feel to know that you willingly support financially, that which you profess to hate?

Personally, I'd think that'd tear a Soul up.

Gaillo
24th July 2011, 04:04 PM
I pretty much HATE being told how to "feel" by scripted hollywood/tel-avision producer shitheads and their writer drones. They have to SPELL IT ALL OUT for you, savagely club you over the head with it until it sinks in, then show you a bunch of crying sheep in close-up so you can REALLY GET THE MESSAGE and FEEL something. Fuck 'em! :(

Same thing with the whole Susan Boyle pony show. It's not enough that they find someone who can actually SING, they have to DRIVE THE POINT HOME over and over again to the point of nausea that yes, even fat ugly bitches from the sticks can make something of themselves too! What a pathetic circus media has become.

Joe King
24th July 2011, 04:05 PM
I hear that General has a hat for that. lol

Book
24th July 2011, 07:04 PM
Where did I say that?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2303/1545670204_3c7639690e.jpg

http://www.solargeneral.com/images/adl/adl-dark-side.jpg

joboo
24th July 2011, 08:07 PM
Touching story. I remember catching this a little while ago. Coming from musical background I do have to point out the guy desperately needs an ear monitor, as he does trend flat in his tonality fairly often. Who's the cheap china man running the show? ;D

Joe King
24th July 2011, 08:14 PM
411 You're starting to bore me Book. Surely with your sharp wit you can do better.

Are you gettin' old Book? Because the way you keep using the same pics over and over and over reminds me of my 89yo neighbor {may he rest in peace} telling the same story over and over and over again about working at the Kraft plant back in the forties.
Made me late for work more than once. lol

At least get some new pics once in awhile to keep it fresh, ok? ::)