PDA

View Full Version : Subtle Propaganda

iOWNme
3rd August 2011, 05:58 AM
Here is a story about a Pit Bull that saved his family's life. They NEVER mention the word 'Pit Bull', they refer to the dog as 'the family dog'.

BUT, when there is a story of a 'Pit Bull attack', They will litter the entire broadcast with the name Pit Bull. Like Pavlov's dogs, humans react to certain words that are used to shut down critical thinking. This is just a small example....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOxDos0I1gs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The Pit Bull advocacy groups have done studies where if there is a Pit Bull attack, it goes nationwide virally through the corporate media. It is reported on thousands of stations all across the country. It is used to demonize the breed, and to usher in BSL (http://stopbsl.com/bsloverview/) (Breed Specific Legislation). Yet if there is a story like this one, where a Pit Bull saved a life, or saved property, they will never even mention the name Pit Bull.

These truly are amazing dogs and companions. And, not only do i consider mine to be part of my family, but also part of my 'Preps' for survival.

Awoke
3rd August 2011, 06:03 AM
Oh, but Sui, brainwashing doesn't exist, my friend.

::)

Glass
3rd August 2011, 06:06 AM
That's Racist!

actually.......

Thats racist!

Joe King
3rd August 2011, 06:14 AM
It's called playing to the unwashed-masses fear of the unknown.

The media has only been doing that since there's been a media to do it with.

LuckyStrike
3rd August 2011, 06:14 AM
Disagree there Sui. I have a friend who is an EMT, he says 90% of dog attacks he sees are pitbulls and I know too many PERSONAL stories of people I KNOW who have been killed or maimed by pitbulls. Literally I can tell you 5 stories off the top of my head of pitbull attacks just in my area.

Joe King
3rd August 2011, 06:17 AM
LS, it's the fault of irresponsible owners that the dogs they own, are the way they are.

Dogman
3rd August 2011, 06:22 AM
Disagree there Sui. I have a friend who is an EMT, he says 90% of dog attacks he sees are pitbulls and I know too many PERSONAL stories of people I KNOW who have been killed or maimed by pitbulls. Literally I can tell you 5 stories off the top of my head of pitbull attacks just in my area.

Ditto!

There has been at least 4 or so , pit bull attacks with one kid killed by those dogs here, in the last couple of years. They have strong instincts and are as hardheaded as a brick. They do what they do. Sure they make great family dogs, but if not family, terrible other people dogs.

I do not and will not trust them around a mix of kids ever!

Edit: If other breeds attacked people that would be reported also, but here it is always pits doing the attacking. It is the breed , they are dangerous dogs.

iOWNme
3rd August 2011, 06:22 AM

Pit Bulls are ANIMAL aggressive, not people. This is a fact. This is why they were chosen as 'Fighting' dogs. Because the owners could enter the ring, and not be in danger. 99.9% of the time, it is because humans were either fighting them, or they have been trained to be that way. These dogs have an incredible drive to please their owners. This is how they get domonized, not because they are some 'crazy breed'. I have grown up with these dogs, have many friends with families that own these dogs. I have NEVER had any problems, and neither have any of the people i associate with.

Your analogy of your friend who is an EMT is BOGUS.

I have a friend who is a Cop, he says that he is always getting called on Criminals. He HATES criminals now. He says that Criminals are the reason we have so many crimes!

Awoke
3rd August 2011, 06:25 AM
I could be wronog, but I think they have made it "illegal" to breed or import pitbulls in Ontario now.
Once they die off, the intention is to make Canada (or at least ontario) a pitbull-free country. It's not fair, but the pitbulls tend to get stuck with bad owners and shit-head druggies, so most attacks I hear about are pitbull related.

SLV^GLD
3rd August 2011, 06:28 AM
I love my pit bull and she loves you. She will eat any animal entering the yard and alert on any human but I honestly do not know if she would attack a human intruder. I'd like to think she would if I were there and she sensed the intrusion but otherwise I think she would just want to love and be loved regardless. She's fine with my cats and my other much smaller dog.

BrewTech
3rd August 2011, 06:31 AM
LS, it's the fault of irresponsible owners that the dogs they own, are the way they are.
Irresponsible pet owner + pit bull = disaster waiting to happen.

Irresponsible pet owner + french poodle = so what? (except for the well-being of the dog)

Understand the OPs point about perception management through "reporting". Agenda is clear.

dys
3rd August 2011, 06:37 AM
Years ago I had a girlfriend that had a dog training business that I was involved in. I can confirm that pitbulls are one of the most naturally sweet and gentle breeds out there. I can honestly say that I never met even ONE pitbull that displayed a natural temperment towards being aggressive to humans. They make awesome pets and I would recommend them for people with children.
BTW some dogs that I would never recommend for pets include akidas, chow, dalmations, jack russell terriers, and malamutes.

dys

Joe King
3rd August 2011, 06:40 AM
Irresponsible pet owner + pit bull = disaster waiting to happen.

Irresponsible pet owner + french poodle = so what? (except for the well-being of the dog)

Understand the OPs point about perception management through "reporting". Agenda is clear.

As I said, the media plays to peoples fears. Especially so if people in the media also fear those things themselves. It's only human-nature to place more emphasis on ones own fears.

Twisted Titan
3rd August 2011, 07:31 AM
Stafford-Shire Terrier people!

pit bull is spoken by the unwashed profane masses

we are The Adepts.

horseshoe3
3rd August 2011, 07:36 AM
Any dog can have a bad day. When a lab has a bad day, someone gets bit and released. When a pit bull has a bad day, someone gets bit and held onto until the dog finds a better hold.

Tenacity can be good or bad depending on the situation.

muffin
3rd August 2011, 07:39 AM
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

Edit: I think just about any dog can be turned into mean one. If you don't train properly, they don't know. My mom's little half yorkshire terrier / half pomeranian is a biter! That dog has brought blood to my fingers. All because she doesn't teach her that's it's not good to be aggresive.

The most horrifying example of the lack of breed predictability is the October 2000 death of a 6-week-old baby, which was killed by her family's Pomeranian dog.

DMac
3rd August 2011, 07:39 AM

Can you spot the pit bull?

muffin
3rd August 2011, 07:47 AM
Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner or handler most often is responsible for making a dog into something dangerous.
An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above).
Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be potentially dangerous. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.

dys
3rd August 2011, 10:02 AM
Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner or handler most often is responsible for making a dog into something dangerous.
An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above).
Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be potentially dangerous. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.

I have to say that my experience training dogs tells me differently. There are certain breeds of dogs that I would NEVER trust (among them as I've already said are jack russell terrier, malamute, dalmation, chow chow, and akida). The best trained jack russell terrier is very capable of turning on its owner. I know, I've seen it.

dys

SLV^GLD
3rd August 2011, 10:59 AM

Can you spot the pit bull?

Nailed it on first try although #3 was my second choice. #7 has some strong resemblances but I could tell it was a no-go. I'll not spoil the answer for everyone else.

muffin
3rd August 2011, 12:02 PM
I have to say that my experience training dogs tells me differently. There are certain breeds of dogs that I would NEVER trust (among them as I've already said are jack russell terrier, malamute, dalmation, chow chow, and akida). The best trained jack russell terrier is very capable of turning on its owner. I know, I've seen it.

dys

Yeah, read or heard somewhere a looong time ago, that dalmations and chows were the dogs most likely to turn on their owners. Not sure if that's very accurate tho.

Dogman
3rd August 2011, 05:02 PM
Propaganda? then propaganda this!

http://www.kltv.com/story/15205430/upshur-county-toddler-hospitalized-after-pit-bull-attack

Breaking News

Upshur County toddler hospitalized after pit bull attack

Posted: Aug 03, 2011 6:47 PM CDT Updated: Aug 03, 2011 6:49 PM CDT By Taylor Hemness - bio (http://www.kltv.com/story/10002746/taylor-hemness) | email (themness@kltv.com)

UPSHUR COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - Officials with the Upshur County Sheriff's Office tell KLTV 7 that a two-year-old girl was attacked today by a pit bull.

The attack happened around 4PM on Ironwood Road, between Gilmer and Pritchett. The child was taken to the hospital in Gilmer, then flown to Dallas Children's hospital.

The name and condition of the little girl have not been released. Deputies say the dog was owned by a family member, and that it has been seized by county officials.

KLTV 7 has a crew headed to the scene, and will bring you updates as soon as they are available.

http://www.kltv.com/story/15205430/upshur-county-toddler-hospitalized-after-pit-bull-attack

This shit happens here way too dam often. :mad:

iOWNme
3rd August 2011, 05:14 PM
Propaganda? then propaganda this!

Breaking News
Upshur County toddler hospitalized after pit bull attack

Posted: Aug 03, 2011 6:47 PM CDT Updated: Aug 03, 2011 6:49 PM CDT By Taylor Hemness - bio (http://www.kltv.com/story/10002746/taylor-hemness) | email (themness@kltv.com)

UPSHUR COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - Officials with the Upshur County Sheriff's Office tell KLTV 7 that a two-year-old girl was attacked today by a pit bull.

The attack happened around 4PM on Ironwood Road, between Gilmer and Pritchett. The child was taken to the hospital in Gilmer, then flown to Dallas Children's hospital.

The name and condition of the little girl have not been released. Deputies say the dog was owned by a family member, and that it has been seized by county officials.

KLTV 7 has a crew headed to the scene, and will bring you updates as soon as they are available.

This shit happens here way too dam often. :mad:

Propaganda this? I'll take a stab.

First of all the story you posted has the word 'Pit Bull' and 'attack'in the title! This is mind control right off the bat. The story i posted was a Pit who saved multiple peoples lives, and was shot to protect his own family. They NEVER mentioned it was a Pit Bull.

Next they use the word 'Attack' in the story. More Pavlovian journalism. There is no proof of that and if there is they didnt mention it. It said she was on a road. Was the dog a stray? Who knows. What there is proof of is a dog bite most likely. But again until we know more, we just dont know. This dog could have had a history of aggression towards humans, etc. Or maybe the kid was actually messing with the dog in a way she shouldnt have been.

So we dont know anything yet really. It could be a scratch or really bad. (I hope it is not bad, truly i do). The story says they will follow up. Which you and I both know means 1 of 2 things will happen: If they can spin it to demonize they will, and if they cant the story will disappear.

Am i saying every single Pit Bull is perfect? Of course not. But again, if we get all of the info and piece it together, we usually get a much different looking scenario that what the scary headline told us.

Heimdhal
3rd August 2011, 05:34 PM
yeah......its allll propoganda.... I nearly had my daughter mauled by a pit when she was a little younger than 2.

We were out for a walk and came around the corner of the town house, where my total douche bag neighbor was yapping on his cell phone not paying attention. My daughter, who was walking a few feet in front of me went around teh corner first, like a toddler, not like a sneaky ninja or anything, pit jumps up and makes a bee line right for her, barking, teeth bared, all that stuff.

I got her up on my shoulder quick as I could with my other hand starting to draw my gun. Neighbor realizes his dog is about to maul a kid and he yanks back on the very point chainy choker bringing the dog to a stop, though still trying its best to press on.

He looks at me, notices my hand down at my waist and says "Oh, you guys are ok, go ahead." I just looked backed and said "ya sure?"

"yeah, hes ok now."

Now, this certainly is NOT specific to pits, but I dont trust em as far as I can see 'em. Also seems like the vast majority of pit owners are douche bags. These are just my casual observations thoughs.

osoab
3rd August 2011, 06:04 PM
As far as number of dog attacks that are headlines, pit bulls have to be number one.

Case in point, the pit that was adopted out of a shelter that had bit a kid in a shelter in chicago. This happened in the last week.

I can think of 2 stories locally where two young girls were mauled. An ear was torn off one and bad leg injuries on the other were the ones I remember off hand.

Could it be specific bloodlines of the breed? When I was a kid, a buddy of mine had a pit, the dog had no issues.

I don't forget the little dog (don't remember breed) that bit off the reproductive organs of a baby boy that had a shitty diaper.

LuckyStrike
3rd August 2011, 07:12 PM
Pit Bulls are ANIMAL aggressive, not people. This is a fact. This is why they were chosen as 'Fighting' dogs. Because the owners could enter the ring, and not be in danger. 99.9% of the time, it is because humans were either fighting them, or they have been trained to be that way. These dogs have an incredible drive to please their owners. This is how they get domonized, not because they are some 'crazy breed'. I have grown up with these dogs, have many friends with families that own these dogs. I have NEVER had any problems, and neither have any of the people i associate with.

Your analogy of your friend who is an EMT is BOGUS.

I have a friend who is a Cop, he says that he is always getting called on Criminals. He HATES criminals now. He says that Criminals are the reason we have so many crimes!

It isn't an "analogy" of a friend who is an EMT, it is eyewitness accounts.

You say that you haven't had a problem, good for you, but as I said I know at least 5 pitbulls that have attacked or killed people just in my area in the last few years. This is not hearsay this is factual evidence.

You are reminding me of the people I talk to about police brutality they say "I've never had a problem with police" and I say good for you but again I know of over 20 stories of people who have been shot or very wrongfully tased by the police in my rural area alone in the last few years.

LuckyStrike
3rd August 2011, 07:16 PM
Propaganda this? I'll take a stab.

First of all the story you posted has the word 'Pit Bull' and 'attack'in the title! This is mind control right off the bat. The story i posted was a Pit who saved multiple peoples lives, and was shot to protect his own family. They NEVER mentioned it was a Pit Bull.

Next they use the word 'Attack' in the story. More Pavlovian journalism. There is no proof of that and if there is they didnt mention it. It said she was on a road. Was the dog a stray? Who knows. What there is proof of is a dog bite most likely. But again until we know more, we just dont know. This dog could have had a history of aggression towards humans, etc. Or maybe the kid was actually messing with the dog in a way she shouldnt have been.

So we dont know anything yet really. It could be a scratch or really bad. (I hope it is not bad, truly i do). The story says they will follow up. Which you and I both know means 1 of 2 things will happen: If they can spin it to demonize they will, and if they cant the story will disappear.

Am i saying every single Pit Bull is perfect? Of course not. But again, if we get all of the info and piece it together, we usually get a much different looking scenario that what the scary headline told us.

What in holy hell would the jewish media have against pit bulls? I know as well as any thinking person that the media uses propoganda constantly but it is always to further their ends be it keeping you in debt, destroying Christian morality or any manner of degenracies they profit from. But your example has to be the absolute worst example of propaganda of all time. If I was just waking up and read this post, I wouldn't bode well for furthering my research into "conspiracies".