PDA

View Full Version : Remington develops tactical hi-cap semi-auto to compete directly with Benelli M4

midnight rambler
9th August 2011, 03:57 PM
Gas system has striking similarity to Benelli M4.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/exclusives/sneak-peak-remington-versa-max-tactical/?hp=exclusives_title

skid
9th August 2011, 10:35 PM
Coincidentally, I was looking at a Benelli M4 earlier today. If the Remington is half the price i may be interested... Doesn't appear that the Remington has an available pistol grip though.

midnight rambler
10th August 2011, 07:27 AM
Coincidentally, I was looking at a Benelli M4 earlier today. If the Remington is half the price i may be interested... Doesn't appear that the Remington has an available pistol grip though.

If you want to have the hi-cap magazine tube on the M4 and still be 'legal' you would need to add a couple more 'US made' parts (other than the tube) for a total of three 'US made' parts to have the parts count right for 922(r) compliance (four 'US made' parts if the factory collapsible stock is installed). Because the Remington will be entirely 'US made' it won't have 922(r) compliance issues, just like the hi-cap FN SLP (which doesn't have a PB option either).

SLV^GLD
10th August 2011, 09:08 AM
My only question is whether or not to be an early adopter or wait for a few revisions to get the kinks worked out.