PDA

View Full Version : Bioengineering.......

Steal
14th August 2011, 06:58 AM
Medical break through for the better of mankind?... or mark of the beast, a modern fulfillment of an age old prophecy ?

http://io9.com/5830071/breakthrough-electronic-circuits-that-are-integrated-into-your-skin

Breakthrough: Electronic circuits that are integrated with your skin
A team of engineers today announced a discovery that could change the world of electronics forever. Called an "epidermal electronic system" (EES), it's basically an electronic circuit mounted on your skin, designed to stretch, flex, and twist — and to take input from the movements of your body.

EES is a leap forward for wearable technologies, and has potential applications ranging from medical diagnostics to video game control and accelerated wound-healing. Engineers John Rogers and Todd Coleman, who worked on the discovery, tell io9 it's a huge step towards erasing the divide that separates machine and human.

Coleman and Rogers say they developed EES to forego the hard and rigid electronic "wafer" format of traditional electronics in favor of a softer, more dynamic platform.

osoab
14th August 2011, 12:27 PM
They have been pumping this in local rag newspapers around here for the past 2 or 3 days.

"It's for patient safety" is how it is being pushed from what I have read.

If I had a doctor/nurse that solely relied on the data on these, I would walk away.

gunDriller
14th August 2011, 01:38 PM
the Talmud-worshippers are obsesed with "productizing"/ monetizing EVERYTHING.

they would sell air, like in the movie Total Recall, if they could.

so they're trying to convince me i need some electronic device with my personal data or something ?

sounds like they think they've invented something clever and now they're looking for suckers to convince people they need it.

incidentally, one of the 2 Google co-founders married a PhD in bio-statistics - that was her thing, putting medical records on-line. and she just happened to be - Jewish.

Canadian-guerilla
14th August 2011, 05:09 PM
all they have to do is get some chump celeb to show off his " electronic tattos "

and the rush will be on for the next fashion fad

i wonder if they have pushed this for the " old & senile "