PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner at your house tonight?

Celtic Rogue
17th August 2011, 04:44 PM
Found in the parking lot of a grocery store, Menominee, Michigan

http://robertposton.com/fb/foodstamps.jpg

The 1 in 7 Americans currently on food stamps certainly appreciate the opportunity to dine on lobster and porterhouse steak at YOUR EXPENSE. What's for dinner at your house tonight?

osoab
17th August 2011, 04:47 PM
I don't see the receipt or link to the story, but this may be the story of the dude that got busted for turning around and selling the goods for about 30 cents on the FRN. Happened in March of this year maybe.

vacuum
17th August 2011, 05:48 PM
I don't see the receipt or link to the story, but this may be the story of the dude that got busted for turning around and selling the goods for about 30 cents on the FRN. Happened in March of this year maybe.

True, this could be a rich person who bought a poor person's food stamps then celebrated by buying discounted lobster. The poor person gets his dope and the rich person makes money.

palani
17th August 2011, 06:07 PM
Several years ago a guy was telling me he was in line behind a lady who was trying to purchase dog food with food stamps. Clerk told her she could not buy dog food upon which she made a point of marching back to the meat section , picking up a sirloin and then telling the clerk "then the dog will eat steak with us".

Arrogance, stupidity or chutz-pah?

Osiris
17th August 2011, 07:41 PM
There are a lot of vids that I can't see here on my phone but for some reason I can see this receipt.

It is a 24pk of Mnt Dew, 8 cold water lobsters, and 2 porterhouse steaks. Total is $141.78. Pd for by "debt food stamps tender".

Several years ago a guy was telling me he was in line behind a lady who was trying to purchase dog food with food stamps. Clerk told her she could not buy dog food upon which she made a point of marching back to the meat section , picking up a sirloin and then telling the clerk "then the dog will eat steak with us".

Arrogance, stupidity or chutz-pah?

LOL! I never in a million years would by dog food at a grocery store for my dog, so hard to understand!

madfranks
17th August 2011, 07:58 PM
There are a lot of vids that I can't see here on my phone but for some reason I can see this receipt.

It is a 24pk of Mnt Dew, 8 cold water lobsters, and 2 porterhouse steaks. Total is $141.78. Pd for by "debt food stamps tender".

Correction - that's five 24 packs of "diet" Mtn. Dew. Yuck!

Osiris
17th August 2011, 08:02 PM
Correction - that's five 24 packs of "diet" Mtn. Dew. Yuck!

Oops! Missed that! One was bad enough! Puke!

jimswift
18th August 2011, 05:48 AM
I am repeatedly it seems behind EBT swipers at the grocery store. Posted in another thread 2 days ago about being behind someone buying multiple 12 packs of soda with an EBT.

Couple weeks ago was behind 2 Hispanic women who couldn't speak nary a word of English, one was pregnant with 2 kids in the cart. They were buying all kinds of junk food, then wanted to use some kind of other voucher, but it didnt work and she had to rescan everything. The girl working the register was struggling to get the point across that the voucher she had wasn't working.

It was a disaster and I was boiling at that point. Had to leave my bread and just walk out of the place.

I was trying to figure the positive impact that these individuals actually have on society? ....couldn't.

What ever happened to the shame of being on food stamps?

I reckon when you make it no different than using a debit card that stigma goes away.

po boy
18th August 2011, 06:10 AM
Food stamps are a drop in the well in comparison to corporate wellfare and subsidies.

I'd rather see food going to people than handouts to banks and corporations.

palani
18th August 2011, 06:33 AM
I never in a million years would by dog food at a grocery store for my dog, so hard to understand!

In a sense FRNs ARE food stamps. I understand there is a perceived relationship between a FRN and an hours worth of labor to exchange for possession of the FRN. I say "possession" because nobody but the Federal Reserve actually owns a FRN. When congress enacted legal tender laws that requires the creditor to accept a FRN in exchange for what he has available for sale then the debtor (that would be the one possessing the FRN wishing to exchange it for something) has received a benefit from government (and Federal Reserve).

When paper money used to represent warehouse receipts then no benefit was given or received by a sale or purchase. The exchange terminated the contract. The benefit is what makes FRNs equivalent to food stamps.