PDA

View Full Version : Crashing the Tea Party - NY Times 8/16/11

Sparky
17th August 2011, 08:05 PM
It infuriates me that the the original Tea Party image and cause has been hijacked by the Republicans, and people have no idea what the Tea Party really is. I searched this entire article on the Tea Party for the words "liberty" and "freedom", and got nothing back.

Real Tea Party members don't give a rat's ass about their popularity or their party. I'm looking forward to Ron Paul knocking the Republican Party on its a$$, and the media being perplexed by it. Ultimately, they will attribute it to him being crazy.

Anyone else bothered by the slandering of the real Tea Party? I think GSUS far better represents the Tea Party.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/17/opinion/crashing-the-tea-party.html

mrnhtbr2232
18th August 2011, 12:59 AM
The heart and soul of the Tea Party is not Herman Cain. Not Sarah Palin. Not the Koch Brothers. Not Glenn Beck. It is you and me and anyone else smart enough to see what's going on. People who think and threaten the establishment with their unquenchable thirst for liberty are going to be painted as terrorists and malcontents. Anything and everything to discourage paying attention to the cause while the effect runs its course is the darling of the media. It should be obvious the Tea Party is also used to fire up the fringes of liberal bases, hence its reputation being spun as evil incarnate when the opposite is true. It is a movement seeking redemption from a system sworn to protect our interests and instead abusing them. And in this upside down world the Tea Party stands as the most viable expression of truth in the entire political movement. Which is exactly why hit pieces like this one from the Old Gray Lady are barometers of the party's effectiveness.