PDA

View Full Version : How to have better hair and a healthier body with a little-known source of silica

Serpo
21st August 2011, 11:48 AM
Recently someone in my community asked how to get rid of pesky critters. A neighbor who own a garden center said that they use Diatomaceous Earth. Well - that seemed to me to be a golden opportunity to reveal my little secret to the world - that I have been eating Diatomaceous Earth for about a year now.

D.E. has many beneficial effects, but it is the anti-aging effect that I have seen most pronounced as a change in myself. Rather remarkably, since I have been eating D.E., I have stopped needing to bleach my hair. It has gone from a mousy mostly grey to a luscious blond/brown (my pre-65 year old hair color). I am really happy about this change - as it is saving me tons of money ($300 a pop for tin-foil bleaching). Even my hairdresser is surprised at the change, and keeps telling me how nice the color of my hair is. However, the good news for my hair dresser is that my hair is now growing wildly faster, and so I am able to keep her happy by needing more frequent haircuts.

Diatomaceous Earth is a fossilized deposit of microscopic shells created by one-celled plants called Diatoms. These plants inhabit all the waters of the earth, and serve as the basic food for aquatic life, just as grass is the basic food for land animals. This mineral-based compound contains silicon, magnesium, calcium, sodium, iron and other trace minerals that the body needs to stay healthy. All Diatomaceous Earth is 84% Silicon Dioxide (Silica).

Here is the science behind my peculiar habit of eating this stuff:

Diatomaceous Earth is the hands-down best source of the mineral silica. In 1939, Nobel Prize Doctor Butenant showed the importance of silica for life itself. It may be true that silica is the most important trace element in human health. Silica plays an important role in many body functions. The human body holds approximately seven grams of silica, a quantity far exceeding the figures for other important minerals. Years ago, the silica found in our foodstuffs was adequate for our needs. But with today's hybrids and depleted soils, only about 1/3 of the silica needed is supplied in our food.?

Diatomaceous Earth looks like a cylinder full of holes--kind of like Rice Chex Cereal. This cylinder has a very strong negative charge while pathogens have a positive charge. As these millions of cylinders move through the stomach and digestive tract, they attract and absorb fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticides and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals. These are trapped inside the cylinder and passed out of the body. In addition, any larger parasites that happen to be in the stomach or digestive tract are "cut up" and killed by the sharp edges of the diatomaceous earth. All of these activities result in a much healthier body with less sickness.?

Detoxification Benefits:

The spa that I own, La Casa Day Spa ( http://www.Lacasaspa.com ) in Manhattan, emphasizes therapies that detox the body. Last month, we wrote our 50,000th receipt. That's 50,000 detox treatments we have done in 18 years, a lion's share of those being colonics. We want all people to continue to have colonics because colonics give a thorough cleansing of the colon. But we also want people to know how to continue colon cleansing at home. D.E. is the perfect home remedy.

Diatomaceous Earth is?very?hard. On the hardness scale where diamonds are a 9, Diatomaceous Earth is a 7. This hardness is important because as those millions of tiny hard and sharp diatomaceous earth cylinders pass through the small and large intestines, they "scrub" the walls. After only a few months of taking Diatomaceous Earth, the intestine wall is no longer coated with mucus and molds but has become clean. The advantages of this are several:

-regularizes bowel movements (this is the most frequently mentioned benefit about D.E.)
-creates a healthier colon environment (a cleaner colon helps to keep away polyps, cancers,
and ulcers)
-gives increased energy and less need for sleep (with a cleaner colon, food and nutrients are
better absorbed into the blood stream)
-reduces inflammation of the intestinal tract (can prevent or clear up diarrhea and, rather
intelligently, also cures the opposite condition of constipation)
-helps to normalize hemorrhoidal tissues
-alleviates lower back pain that is caused by a too-full colon

But the health benefits of D.E. only begin with colon detoxification. Other benefits of Diatomaceous Earth can be organized around three principles: over-all health; anti-aging; weight loss.

Over-All Health Benefits:
-helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution
-lowers high blood pressure
-lowers high cholesterol
-addresses osteoporosis?& joint problems
-acts as a cough decreasing agent; tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx)
and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system
-helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of menopause?
-helps to prevent kidney stones
-heals infections of the urinary tract; is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of
urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal
function to these vital organs
-effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well
as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
-acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear (effective in reducing
swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat)
-has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects
-normalizes circulation and regulates high blood pressure (hypertension)
-decreases vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia
-promotes synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas, thus helping to normalize diabetes
-strengthens blood vessels
-helps to prevent Tuberculosis.
-improves the elasticity of the joints; helps rheumatism
-stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels

Weight Loss:

One of the benefits of silica is that it helps to destroy bad fats. Taken in the morning, it helps to curb appetite throughout the day.

Anti-Aging:

Hair (90 micrograms per gram) needs almost as much silica as bone (100 micrograms per gram). Eating D.E., with its rich supply of silica, should be part of any ongoing hair revitalization program. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.

D.E. serves as nature's internal cosmetic for skin, nails and teeth as well as hair.?Collagen underneath the skin enhances elasticity and beauty. Collagen is largely made up of silica. As we age, tissue degeneration?accelerates because our connective tissue begins to lose the ability to retain moisture. Silica helps to slow down the degenerative/moisture-losing process of aging connective tissue.?
Silica also protects our teeth and gums. By hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also helps to prevent bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession.

Finally, silica can help avoid or alleviate Alzheimer's by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum.

About the author:
Jane G. Goldberg, Ph.D. is a psychoanalyst and author of 7 books, including the acclaimed, The Dark Side of Love. As well, she is the owner of La Casa Day Spa in NYC , now celebrating its 18th year anniversary. In her specialization of working with cancer patients, Dr. Goldberg has integrated her psychoanalytic work with the field of holistic health. She has worked with many cancer patients who, through commitment to sound principles of health as well as an interest in the exploration of their mental, emotional and psychic states, have defied the statistical odds and consider themselves "cured."

Dr. Goldberg is also the Founder and Director of Brainercize, a system of interactive integrative brain exercise classes designed to maximize brain functioning.

http://www.naturalnews.com/033367_silica_diatomaceous_earth.html

k-os
21st August 2011, 12:11 PM
I am tagging this to read later.

I use food grade diatomaceous earth sparingly in the garden to control the ant population, and I have rid my dogs of worms by feeding a small amount to them daily for two weeks. That was remarkable enough for me, so I am looking forward to reading this and researching how I can use it for myself.

Serpo
21st August 2011, 12:20 PM
And its good to see you again.....it does sound very beneficial in many ways

k-os
22nd August 2011, 08:33 AM
I added a teaspoon of food grade DE this morning to my flax seed and super green food. I am so vain, I am doing it for the hair. :-)

madfranks
22nd August 2011, 11:05 AM
Can anyone recommend a good online source where we can buy this?

k-os
22nd August 2011, 11:21 AM
Can anyone recommend a good online source where we can buy this?

I bought 10 lbs. from a vendor on Amazon:
Here's the link (http://www.amazon.com/Diatomaceous-Earth-Food-Grade-10/dp/B00025H2PY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&m=A19EV5CGMBDV6C&s=generic&qid=1314037213&sr=1-3).

They have 1lb and 5lb packages also, if I remember correctly.

Edit to add: Always make sure it's "Food Grade"

Large Sarge
22nd August 2011, 12:50 PM
I added a teaspoon of food grade DE this morning to my flax seed and super green food. I am so vain, I am doing it for the hair. :-)

for the record, "Beauty is a byproduct of health"

As long as you are not using cosmetic surgery, excessive make up, botox shots, etc

Exercise, eating healthy, etc make you more healthy first, and the byproduct is beauty...

nothng vain in wanting to be healthy....

Glass
22nd August 2011, 04:22 PM
I bought 10 lbs. from a vendor on Amazon:
Here's the link (http://www.amazon.com/Diatomaceous-Earth-Food-Grade-10/dp/B00025H2PY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&m=A19EV5CGMBDV6C&s=generic&qid=1314037213&sr=1-3).

They have 1lb and 5lb packages also, if I remember correctly.

Edit to add: Always make sure it's "Food Grade"

Thanks for that. The answer to my question is: Always make sure it's "Food Grade"

It's used in filtration for exactly these properties so I can't see why it wouldn't do that for your body. I wasn't really keen on eating the filtration grade stuff though.

mightymanx
4th September 2011, 12:04 AM
So I have been using this stuff for a week.

Thanks K-os for the source.

Here is my report I take it in the morning when I first get up and the evening right before bed. A teaspoonish for the amount.

First is does not taste bad I hardly notice it I put it in my morning coffee and mix it with water in the evening.

The only real health thing I have noticed is my flexibility has improved 50% was super stiff all the time and now I can touch my toes which is about a 12 inch improvement. (no I am not fat just super rigid).

I have had some flu like symptoms like my body is getting rid of junk. It feels like the day after I got a deep tissue massage.

I am more tired like I need to sleep more but I don't

My digestive tract is still adjusting not to be gross but my poop is like soft serve.

I have no reports on hair because I shave my head to stubble so I don't know.

Over all it's pretty wild and I am going to keep using it. BTW 10 pounds goes a looooooooooooong way I have not made a dent and I have been using it as insect killer as well.

Neuro
4th September 2011, 04:11 AM
Interesting! I can see it being beneficial for the intestines, and any problem associated with it. But I wonder how the silica can get to the hair, bones, and the rest of the body? As I understand it this is made up of microscopic cylinders, and those can't be taken up by intestinal mucosa as far as I know anyway. Is some of it in even smaller molecular size particles?

JJ.G0ldD0t
4th September 2011, 04:26 AM
ok- I'm gonna watch YOU guys and if it doesn't kill you, I'll try it. :D

Large Sarge
4th September 2011, 08:02 AM
yes, lets have some updates when possible....

I am curious

Ms. K-Os is the hair looking nicer than usual?

any other reports?

steyr_m
4th September 2011, 09:47 AM
I was thinking of "Drinking the Kool-Aid" of D.E. and was a bit leery. I'll probably still pick some up, but I'd like some feed back too.

k-os
6th September 2011, 12:38 PM
I've been taking it since this thread started. One to two teaspoons a day. One teaspoon in the morning and possibly another in the afternoon. I take a "super green" formula every morning, with ground flax seed. I have added the DE into the ritual. I barely a taste difference.

I haven't noticed anything, but I must admit, I am not really paying attention. I figure within a few months I will see a noticeable difference . . . or not.

Now that I look, I can see a difference in the color of my fingernail beds (the half that is toward the cuticle). They look healthier, but I don't think they've grown out enough to tell if they are stronger. I think a couple more weeks will do it. I can't tell if my hair is growing faster.

I have always been fairly flexible so I can't tell if I am more flexible now. That's an interesting benefit!

mightymanx
6th September 2011, 02:04 PM
Yea the flexibility thing scared the heck out of me I have the stiff cowboy gait (been busted up several times) now I am more flexible at 38 than I was at 20.

Nothing real new to report my nails do have a "hump" as they are growing out like they are thicker like K-os said time will tell.

My hair grows super slooooooow like half an inch a quarter so I am curious about that one.

I will keep the info flowing I have seen no down side to this though. the flexibility thing is priceless to me so if that is all I'll be pleased as punch.

k-os
14th September 2011, 07:44 AM
Update: I am pretty sure my hair is growing faster. I will know after the next time I get my hair cut. I have had the same hair dresser for about 9 years or so. If there is a difference, she will notice.

LastResort
15th September 2011, 04:54 AM
I read up a little more on the subject and decided to pick up 5 pounds. Seems like it has very similar properties/qualities to bentonite clay. I took my first shot of it last night and it definately mixes/tastes better than drinking clay.

Son-of-Liberty
15th September 2011, 07:07 AM
This is interesting. I still have some that I was mixing with salt and feeding to my steers to reduce parasites. I definitely would be interested in something that could help clean the colon and reduce parasites, (yup humans have them too even if you don't notice). The other thing that has me intrigued is the increased flexibility mightymanx is reporting. I am already quite flexible. I stretch hard after my workouts and do some foam rolling as well but could always use more flexibility. Might give this stuff a shot.

StreetsOfGold
15th September 2011, 10:02 AM
I just started taking this as well so if this thread is still active in a couple of weeks (month) I'll give an update.

k-os
15th September 2011, 12:39 PM
I just started taking this as well so if this thread is still active in a couple of weeks (month) I'll give an update.

If it's not, you can make it active with your update! :)

k-os
19th September 2011, 06:44 AM
I had a hair cut on Friday and my hairdresser was impressed with the growth of my hair. She said that my hair grew 1.5 inches in 8 weeks, which she thinks is about twice as much as it usually grows in the same time period. Pretty cool! I just looked at the start date of this thread . . . so I've only been taking DE for a month.

So then everyone (two friends & hairdresser) wanted to know my "secret". It was very difficult to tell them, because they're not very open minded. At first I said "oh, just a supplement that is supposed to help with hair and nails". They demanded specifics, and I told them. The looks on their faces . . . priceless. I may as well have said that I drink my own urine.

mightymanx
20th September 2011, 01:08 AM
.... They demanded specifics, and I told them. The looks on their faces . . . priceless. I may as well have said that I drink my own urine.

I have also gotten a few of those looks as well.

Celtic Rogue
29th September 2011, 04:30 PM
I have been taking DE for almost a week. Nothing special to report but I drink 1/2 teaspoon two times a day with a 1/2 teaspoon of d ribose. No side effects to speak of.

Glass
29th September 2011, 11:19 PM
I went and bought some based on this. It has improved my digestion and reduced a stomach pain I was feeling in a band across the bottom part of my abdomen. I keep forgetting to take it though so I think I'm only taking 1 out of every 2 days. My hair seems to be growing faster though. Hard to tell. It is very greasy though. As if I haven't washed it for a couple weeks instead of a couple days. I figure my body is flushing a few things out with this stuff.

I couldn't find any DE in powder form so I bough this health shop stuff at about 8000% markup. Cost $40 for half litre of this gel concoction of goop. I can tell you it is the most unappealing thing I have seen and tried to consume.... mixed in water. I won't tell you what it looks like. Doesn't taste like anything just looks.... gross? I'm going to track down some food grade powder this weekend.

Celtic Rogue
30th September 2011, 06:11 AM
This what I bought on Amazon.com... it comes in 5 and 10 lbs too.

http://www.amazon.com/Diatomaceous-Earth-Food-Grade-Lb/dp/B00025H2OU/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1317388129&sr=8-12
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517SmziTYVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00025H2OU/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=1055398&s=home-garden)
See larger image and other views (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00025H2OU/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=1055398&s=home-garden)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517SmziTYVL._SL75_AA30_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00025H2OU/ref=dp_otherviews_0?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&img=0) http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51cmaiiSOZL._SL75_AA30_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00025H2OU/ref=dp_otherviews_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&img=1)

skid
16th October 2011, 10:26 AM
OK, I bought a 50 lb sack because it was cheap. I have been taking it for 3 days; 1 tablespoon 1st thing in the morning. Haven't noted anything good or bed yet.

FYI - I paid $65 for the sack.

Glass
16th October 2011, 04:12 PM
I've been taking this silicia for about a month now. Nearly regularly. I might have missed a day or two. I haven't noticed any physical change. Still as good looking as I always was. ;D

Do feel better for it though and it does improve digestion so I'll be continuing with it.

mightymanx
16th October 2011, 05:03 PM
I have been taking two heaping teaspoons pretty regularly my hair is soft and my nails are stronger not a lot but noticeable. Hair grows faster I would say about 20% My flexibility has topped out overall I would say a 50% improvment I can touch my toes from standing which I have not been able to do in forever. I have also noticed I do not need my heartburn medication anymore (nexium) pretty cool.

I am going to continue putting it in my coffee/Mate in the morning (only additive I use) and the water I mix it with at night. No down sides I have found i have not had a blood test to see about anything else like cholesterol, blood sugar etc.

I am definatly not dead or sick and I have a long ways to go before my 10 pounds is used up.

mightymanx
24th October 2011, 12:23 AM
New use

Makes an outstanding tooth polish and cleaner. Hot to; wet brush, lightly dip in DE powder, add toothpaste of your choice, brush, and have nice white smooth teeth in a few minutes.

I looked into the history of this stuff and that was one of it's origonal uses. I am going to do this once a week cut down on cleanings at the dentist.

LastResort
24th October 2011, 05:22 AM
I've been on this stuff for a little over a month now I think. One tablespoon monday to friday. Hard to say for sure but I think my hair is a bit better. Either way I'm going to keep taking it for a while. Definately hasn't made me feel any worse.

palani
24th October 2011, 11:48 AM
Makes an outstanding tooth polish and cleaner.
Careful. Don't want to polish the enamel off.

Lots of toothpastes have micro-abrasive agents in them to do this very thing. Have to be careful with them too.

k-os
24th October 2011, 01:15 PM
I was searching for a water softener filter at a hardware store and I was surprised to see DE there, in the pool supply section. (Not food grade.)

I have been on this stuff for a while (just over two months). My hair is growing faster and my nails are growing faster. I won't know if my hair is "better" until it grows out more. My nails were growing fast and strong and doing great until I f'd up the experiment. I was sick in bed and bored to tears so I painted my fingernails. Now they're fragile and peeling again. I suspect this won't last, however.

I did notice that my nails were growing crazy fast (as evidenced by the amount of growth past the nail polish in just one week).

Silver Rocket Bitches!
7th November 2011, 08:31 AM
I got my 10 lbs of DE last week.

I've been putting a tablespoonful in my OJ in the morning. I like this stuff. Seems to improve digestion and keeps me regular more than fiber has.

I put it in the dog's food too.

StreetsOfGold
7th November 2011, 09:35 AM
I've been taking this since I last posted and I can say for certain that there is some brown color that has come BACK that has been missing for er... a few years. It's also thicker (I sound like a shampoo commercial) sorry but it really is true. Some of the other benefits described above as well. I will keep taking this for sure.

BTW: does anyone know where this comes from?

although found all over the world (in small amounts), it is found mainly in very large (chunky) deposits.

Explaination:

*Evolution POV: The diatoms died off and then sank to the bottom of the oceans accumulating over (millions) of years.
Problem with this POV: I am supposed to believe that for (millions) of years nothing ever happened to disturb the accumulation process? and why is it found in "chunks" as opposed to a more even layer?

*Creationsit POV: It developed in the flood of Noah's day.
Problem with this POV: Nothing. The flood perfectly explains why it is found the way it is found on earth. When the waters from under the earth were released (as well as rain from above) the extreme heat from under the earth instantly killed trillions of diatoms and the moving and eventually setteling of the water allowed for hugh chucks of these dead diatoms to accumalate together, just as you would expect in a world-wide flood.

Even though this one tiny little fact does not prove the Bible is the word of God, it just goes to show that when you have the proper world view (The Bible creation) everything always makes sense in light of reality.

mightymanx
7th November 2011, 11:04 AM
The Diatom graveyard where did you think the elephants got the idea from.

steyr_m
7th June 2012, 12:28 PM
I finally got around to :
1.) finding where I can buy locally and
2.) actually going out and getting it.

Took 1/2 tsp this afternoon. I'll post in a couple days to tell ya what I think....

Horn
7th June 2012, 01:08 PM
What a suspenseful thread,

I'm waiting for someone to report that they woke up & saw their eyeball on the pillow looking back at them... :)

steyr_m
7th June 2012, 09:21 PM
What a suspenseful thread,

I'm waiting for someone to report that they woke up & saw their eyeball on the pillow looking back at them... :)

I'm not as brave as the first person who mined and thought to himself, "what would happen if I ate this stuff"

Glass
8th June 2012, 12:36 AM
I bought some gel stuff at the health store but the $$ is too much to continue using that form. Still haven't found a food grade source locally. Will keep searching.

mightymanx
8th June 2012, 05:51 AM
Still using it and still a believer.

Horn
8th June 2012, 11:58 AM
I bought some gel stuff at the health store but the $$ is too much to continue using that form. Still haven't found a food grade source locally. Will keep searching.

Just eat at Taco Bell more often.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2011/11/fa396bd95ad7164da15cf8b1bcc68db5.jpg

steyr_m
8th June 2012, 11:20 PM
Still using it and still a believer.

I'm just wondering about effects of long-term usage. One of the things that is touted is -- it will kill bad bacteria in your guts and leave the good ones alone. How does it know to do this? What is this doing to my intestinal walls over a long time?

I'm on, but not fully on for everyday --- yet.

k-os
12th June 2012, 02:54 PM
I've been taking it almost daily since whenever I started (in this thread, too lazy to look). I have had no adverse side effects, but I am having difficulty quantifying the positive effects. I've had no stomach illnesses (unrelated to excessive alcohol), but I've got a fairly strong gastrointestinal system to begin with, as compared to other people I know.

A few weeks ago my dogs picked up their summer supply of fleas, so I started giving it to them in their food as well. I read that it helps with parasites that they get from biting at the fleas.

In addition, I did a DE dusting, cleaning regimen:
- dusted their bedding with DE
- dusted their little bodies with DE
- washed the bedding in hot water
- bathed the dogs
- dusted their bedding again
- dusted their bodies again

It's been two weeks and no fleas!

The downside is that there was a light white dust on everything, so . . . I had to do plenty of traditional dusting and vacuuming after the DE dusting. :)

I hope this helps.

steyr_m
12th June 2012, 05:38 PM
Some remarkable studies in private cattle feedlots and at various zoos attribute positive weight gain a/w/a reduction in intestinal organisms in said livestock tests. I read some of them a few years back when I was interested in speculating by buying into a D.E. penny stock mining op.

if any are interesting in reading more about animals and D.E., use the google search term:
feeding livestock diatomaceous earth

beefsteak OO)~

I know there been lots done with livestock; but I'm concerned of what it does me. People didn't evolve eating this stuff.

A cow being grown for livestock lives 3 years tops.... A dairy cow, maybe 10-12. I hopefully have 50 years in me yet. I'd hate to eat this daily and find myself in the hospital later because I've been consuming it for so long.

Maybe mamboni might offer his opinion if he comes across this thread.

EE_
12th June 2012, 06:16 PM
Mrs. EE has been taking DE for about a year now with no adverse effects.
Her hair has grown longer in this year then she could ever get it to grow before. Almost as long as k-os. She's going to see how long it will get from here.

Here's a pretty good article

Silica

There is no life without Silica!

In 1939, the Nobel Price winner for chemistry, Professor Adolf Butenant, proved that life cannot exist without Silica.According to his research conducted at Columbia University in 1972, silica is an essential nutrient and must be supplied continuously from food sources.

Silica plays an important role in many body functions and has a direct relationship to mineral absorption. The average human body holds approximately seven grams of silica, a quantity far exceeding the figures for other important minerals such as iron. Both iron and silica are body essential, meaning they are needed for carrying out ongoing metabolic work that is vital to life. Both elements must be continuously supplied.

Many studies that prove the favorable influence of vegetal silica on the development of animals have been undertaken. Silica is essential to the development of the skeleton and mineralization. Silica in absence results in skeletal deformities.

Hormonal disturbances in the human organism are often due to a calcium-magnesium imbalance. Several studies have shown that silica can restore this delicate balance. Silica also benefits the assimilation of phosphorous. Thus it may be considered a catalyst in the use of other elements.

Bone Saver!

Osteoporosis is a symptom of the aging process. As calcium in our body system leaches, our bones become brittle and weak. Taking only a calcium supplement cannot correct or stop this threatening and crippling disease because the body cannot assimilate and make use of the calcium without the presence of silica. Evidence suggests that, instead of affecting healing, supplemental mineral calcium, on the contrary, accelerates the leaching away of bone calcium and thus hastens the degenerative process of osteoporosis and similar diseases that affect the supportive and connective tissues in the human body.

For osteoporosis, silica can stop the pain and even restore the body's self repair process. Osteoporosis symptoms attack women primarily after menopause but the degenerative process starts much earlier in their younger days. More women are dying of fractures caused by osteoporosis than of cancer of the breast, cervix, and uterus combined.

In osteoporosis, thinning of the bones occurs due to insufficient production of the surrounding protein medium in which calcium salts first deposit. A lack of calcium in the bone matrix leads to enlargement of canals and spaces in the bones, giving the bones a porous, thinned appearance. The weakened bone becomes fragile and may be broken by a minor injury. The bones may even fracture from normal pressure or stress. For purposes of remineralization of damaged bones, it is recommended that a sufficient silica supplement be taken daily. Bones are made up of mainly phosphorus, magnesium and calcium but they also contain silica. Silica is responsible for the depositing of minerals into the bones, especially calcium. It speeds up the healing of fractures and also reduces scarring at the site of a fracture.

More and more research evidence shows that through a transmutation process, silica is turned into calcium when it is needed. That is why some scientists refer to silica as a precursor of calcium. Even when calcium is insufficient, the body can turn silica into calcium that the bones need.

Nature’s Internal Cosmetic!

Tissue degeneration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue develops an increasing inability to retain moisture when left unassisted. Silica can help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. With silica, vitality and life, which are often lost as the years accumulate, can be naturally maintained or even restored to your skin. Connective tissue consists of collagen, elastin, mucopolysaccharides, and mucous carbohydrates which help moisture retention. Their ability to retain moisture keeps the connective tissue bouncy and has obvious importance in the prevention of premature aging. All these important molecules house large quantities of silica. Collagen, largely made up of silica, is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica glucosaminoglycane, the collagen will make us look younger.

If you regularly follow a silica regimen, your skin will keep its young look. However, do not expect instant results. It is a good idea to start organic vegetal silica supplementation years before the collagen in your body has deteriorated to the point where it shows in the wrinkles on your face and body. A good silica supplementation program works far better than other products for maintaining healthier and longer lasting collagen.

Hair That Grows!

Hair is natures greatest beauty enhancer. It makes us sexually attractive and serves to protect us. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram. Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.

Teeth and Gums!

By hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also prevents bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. Vegetal silica effectively fights caries (ulceration and the decay of a bone or of a tooth) and inflammation.

Tough As Nails!

Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimeters per month on average. In case of deficiency, the rate of growth slows. So your fingernails can be the first indicators of silica deficiency. Demineralization of the nails precedes by far any decalcification of bones. It is possible to start silica supplementation in time to prevent bone loss. With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking. The restorative effects of silica will be most noticeable on your hair, skin, nails and teeth. Our skin and hair require silica essentially for the same purpose as do other tissues. As we know, the supporting collagen underneath the skin enhances elasticity and beauty. Collagen owes that quality to silica, which provides a beautiful complexion that is more than skin deep.

More Benefits!

• Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
• Organic vegetal silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from
pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
• Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of menopause; paramount being the development of osteoporosis. In men, too, the nervous system and glandular network will gradually undergo changes that cause deterioration of vital body functions during menopause. This can also be alleviated by using silica.
• Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
• New researches have found that antioxidants, like organic vegetal silica, protect against harmful radiation.
• Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
• The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal catarrh and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
• Vegetal Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues.
• In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
• Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
• The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
• Silica can stimulate the immune system.
• Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
• Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
• Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
• Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels.
• Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
• By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
• Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimer's disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues.
• Silica can stimulate cell metabolism and division.
• Silica delays the aging process of the tissues; in younger people, the tissues typically contain more silica than in older people.
• Silica increases mobility and reduces pain in osteoarthritis and sclerotic conditions.
• Silica beautifies hair with shine, elasticity and strength.
• Silica prevents wrinkles.

Dosage:

According to Professor Loeper, daily silica needs of humans are 20-30mg. Supplemental use of organic vegetal silica extracted from springtime horsetail ensures that an adequate amount of silica is continuously available to the body. With adequate intake, enough assimilation of the vital nutrient can be assured even when the body's ability to assimilate is impaired. Any excess silica not needed by the body is automatically eliminated through the blood stream, kidneys and intestines.

All of us need silica, regardless of our age. It is as important to give the body dietary sources of silica early in life as it is during the aging process when silica levels in tissue usually drop off steeply. Silica has a direct influence on absorption of all minerals that the body requires to maintain health. Silica adds to the quality of life, and improves stamina and appearance.

For remineralization purposes, such as bone mending, four to eight times that amount should be ingested until silica therapy has proven successful. This is best done under the supervision of your physician.

Scientists believe that silica exists in the body in three forms: (a) a soluble form, accounting for ten percent of the body's silica; (b) a form combined with lipids and accounting for thirty percent; and (c) a form combined with proteins accounting for the remaining sixty percent. This explains that our daily requirement of silica is quite high. In order for us to now lay down the foundations for shaping and building our body five, ten or even thirty years down the road, we should turn to foods and supplements that furnish us with our daily requirement of 20-30 mg of silica.

The Good, the Bad and the Right Silica

Finding the right Silica may be confusing at times. Make sure that the vegetal silica you use is 100 percent pure aqueous extract. Be sure also that it is from spring horsetail (Equisetum arvense). Only vegetal silica prepared by Professor Kervran's method provides pure and safe extract.

Silica, The Forgotten Nutrient, Klaus Kaufmann, Alive Books, 1993
Silica, A Vital Element for Good Health, Dr. Johannes Schneider
Silica, The Universal Mineral, Gerhard Leibold, N.D.

http://www.holisticwebs.com/cancer/silica.pdf

Book
12th June 2012, 11:05 PM
http://healthwyze.org/index.php/the-fraud-of-silica-supplements.html

http://www.hydrocanna.com/images/smilies/58390736.smiley_wave.gif

Awoke
13th June 2012, 08:33 AM
Tagging.

I originally was going to post a snide comment about not eating an insecticide recommended by a Doctor named Goldberg, but I will save that comment for later, after I have had time to read this thread and more.

Horn
13th June 2012, 04:15 PM
Some dinning music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTRx1bpOv3M&feature=relmfu

Trolla lola lo

ImaCannin
13th July 2012, 03:18 PM
Fossil Shell Flour or DE is great for removing toxins from your body. When my dog was effected by the nano particles in the air and his lungs were all cut up, I put him on DE.. He took 1 tablespoon mixed with honey and water at bed time, at least 4 hours after dinner and 4 hours before breakfast. Several dentist use DE to remove all the mercury from their body. HOWEVER, as with any anti caking agent, after a long period of use, DE will build up on your intestinal walls and prevent the absorption of nutrients. It would be wise to take a break from taking DE every so often. I only let my dog be on it for 2 months before I took him off. Some have trouble with it drying out the intestines. When taken with food, it coats the food, making it harder to absorb the nutrients in that food. WHile you might not notice the difference right away, it is kind of like magnesium stearate and soy, after a while you will slowly start not absorbing nutrients.

Most Farm Stores now days carry DE in food grade. Search online for Fossil Shell Flour

There have been several studies using live herds of sheep that saw no change in parasite load with the use of DE. I personally have used it for worming and did not have any success with internal parasites. I have often been tempted to get a jar of soft belly bugs and put some de in to see if it killed them.

For humans, the simplest way for one to reduce parasites is to take 2 drops of Oil of Oregano P 73 a day.. One bottle will last a year and cost about 38.00. It can also prevent viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. Approximately 10 days after you start taking it. Watch the toilet... and say good by to your little friends!

Apply caution using DE as a tooth paste, silica can very easily remove the enamel from your teeth. I cant even use tooth paste with silica in it. I use Dr. Christophers herbal tooth powder.

DE dust can get in the lungs o animals and kill them. Use caution when using as a powder.

EE's post was great... the key word is Vegetal "Many studies that prove the favorable influence of vegetal silica on the development of animals have been undertaken." His post is talking about vegetable based silica, not silica in rock formation. "Be sure also that it is from spring horsetail (Equisetum arvense)"

You can make your own silica/calcium pills by using
6 parts horsetail grass ( Equisetum hyemale)
3 parts Oat Straw (Avena Sativa)
4 Parts Comfrey root ( symphytum officinale)
1 part Lobelia (Lobelia inflata)

You can order the herbs at www.mountainroseherbs.com and the capsules at www.capsuleconnection.com along with a capsule machine. (17.00) It cost me aprox. 10.00 for every 1000 pills doing it my self. You can always bypass the capsules and just take your measured spoon full in your drink. We stopped taking "supplement" and switched to herbs. Unless stated whole food, most "supplements" are made in a lab using chemicals. There is nothing natural about them. they are synthetic! Filling your own capsules with herbs helps eliminate getting more of the anti caking agent magnesium stearate stuff in your system. Most pill companies use magnesium stearate to coat the product as it goes thru the machine ( helps it move faster - making them more money)

Hope this helps.

Horn
13th July 2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBdSqk78nHw

k-os
14th July 2012, 04:51 PM
Nice to see you posting, ImaCannin!