PDA

View Full Version : Salvation Army Good, Red Cross Bad, remember for this hurricane season.

MAGNES
27th August 2011, 05:23 PM
" The Salvation Army has been relentless trying to get into New Orleans after Karina hit
only to be blocked by FEMA. "

Good article.

From the MSM itself, the best organization you can give money to is the
Salvation Army, 95% of your money goes to those that need it, volunteers
do not get paid, the worst organization you can give your money to is Unicef, wow,
10 % goes to those that need it, pays lots of UN salaries and dictators,
the Salvation Army also helps in other ways, people help from caring hearts,
donations other than cash. Source is Fortune Magazine of past years.

I also remember Red Cross scandals not mentioned here.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Remember, The Salvation Army Has Been there For the People While the Red Cross has their Hand Out Asking for Money Pretending to Care

http://lonestarwatchdog.blogspot.com/2011/08/remember-salivation-army-has-been-there.html

In March of 1993 when I lived on the central Gulf Coast of Florida, We had what was called the No name Storm that rolled in from the Gulf of Mexico. With that storm came a wall of water that flooded all the home on the west side of US 19. After being rescued by a canoe of concerned citizens taking me to dry land were other victims of the flood were congregating. On a short notice, guess who was there? It was not the Red Cross. It was the Salvation Army with warm blankets and a hot cup of coffee.

So if you see the Former Presidents Bush 41 and 43 parading aside Bill Clinton telling us to give to the Red Cross, Please give the the Salivation Army instead. The Red Cross only seeks to pad their accounts with billions of dollars while only chum change goes to were it is needed the most. The Salvation Army has been relentless trying to get into New Orleans after Karina hit only to be blocked by FEMA. Wherever a natural disaster has struck whether it be an F5 tornado, floods or hurricanes. They always responded at a short notice ready to help. They are one of the few charities in these very rough times trying to provide food and shelter to the new homeless people affected by this economy. They have not turned a person away in need I know.

Do not give to those charities by email saying it is to aid the victims of Hurricane Irene as I write is going up the coastline. If you want to help the people affected by this storm, please give to the Salvation Army not only to help, but to make a statement that the Red Cross cannot be trusted anymore with people's hard earned money. We know the Salvation Army is mobilizing right now ready to help the people in need in the areas affected the most by Hurricane Irene.

It is time we take care of our own and not the world, do you agree?

Dogman
27th August 2011, 05:28 PM
+1 On the salvation army!

The red cross can go too hell.

MAGNES
27th August 2011, 06:00 PM
Some of the details allude me, wasn't there some big scandal with Dole's wife.

The person that runs that blog wrote that article and alludes to some scandals too.

I think that was the big one with Dole's wife, raising tens of millions and keeping it.

The Red Cross operates as a front for merchants of death too, that's another issue.
Same thing with Doctors Without Borders and it founder implicated in murder and
organ harvesting in Serbia.

Dogman
27th August 2011, 06:09 PM

The person that runs that blog wrote that article and alludes to some scandals too.

I think that was the big one with Dole's wife, raising tens of millions and keeping it.

The Red Cross operates as a front for merchants of death too, that's another issue.
organ harvesting in Serbia. Scandal's and all, just look at what they pay each other at the top levels.
That alone should be enough!

Twisted Titan
27th August 2011, 09:16 PM

organ harvesting in Serbia.

Doctors without Borders has a Rockerfeller as chairman on the board( I forget which one might be 2nd Gen)

Gaillo
28th August 2011, 01:24 AM
The fact that there's a "Red Cescent" (Islamic, and heavily supported by Turkey) co-organization to Red Cross was enough to get me wondering... something didn't seem quite right about it all.

crazychicken
28th August 2011, 06:10 AM
If I could I would give you 100+ thanks for your thread. I have seen first hand, up front and damn well personal the RED CROSS in action from Viet Nam to 9-11 to Katrina. I did not, no, I could not comprehend the stories my father told me about the RED CROSS from his experiences in WW2. When I saw it for myself I apologized to him at one visit over his grave.

Two thumbs up x 100+ for the Salvtion Army.

CC

" The Salvation Army has been relentless trying to get into New Orleans after Karina hit
only to be blocked by FEMA. "

Good article.

From the MSM itself, the best organization you can give money to is the
Salvation Army, 95% of your money goes to those that need it, volunteers
do not get paid, the worst organization you can give your money to is Unicef, wow,
10 % goes to those that need it, pays lots of UN salaries and dictators,
the Salvation Army also helps in other ways, people help from caring hearts,
donations other than cash. Source is Fortune Magazine of past years.

I also remember Red Cross scandals not mentioned here.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Remember, The Salvation Army Has Been there For the People While the Red Cross has their Hand Out Asking for Money Pretending to Care

http://lonestarwatchdog.blogspot.com/2011/08/remember-salivation-army-has-been-there.html

In March of 1993 when I lived on the central Gulf Coast of Florida, We had what was called the No name Storm that rolled in from the Gulf of Mexico. With that storm came a wall of water that flooded all the home on the west side of US 19. After being rescued by a canoe of concerned citizens taking me to dry land were other victims of the flood were congregating. On a short notice, guess who was there? It was not the Red Cross. It was the Salvation Army with warm blankets and a hot cup of coffee.

So if you see the Former Presidents Bush 41 and 43 parading aside Bill Clinton telling us to give to the Red Cross, Please give the the Salivation Army instead. The Red Cross only seeks to pad their accounts with billions of dollars while only chum change goes to were it is needed the most. The Salvation Army has been relentless trying to get into New Orleans after Karina hit only to be blocked by FEMA. Wherever a natural disaster has struck whether it be an F5 tornado, floods or hurricanes. They always responded at a short notice ready to help. They are one of the few charities in these very rough times trying to provide food and shelter to the new homeless people affected by this economy. They have not turned a person away in need I know.

Do not give to those charities by email saying it is to aid the victims of Hurricane Irene as I write is going up the coastline. If you want to help the people affected by this storm, please give to the Salvation Army not only to help, but to make a statement that the Red Cross cannot be trusted anymore with people's hard earned money. We know the Salvation Army is mobilizing right now ready to help the people in need in the areas affected the most by Hurricane Irene.

It is time we take care of our own and not the world, do you agree?

iOWNme
28th August 2011, 06:36 AM
The TRUTH about the Red Cross

http://www.zcommunications.org/the-truth-about-the-red-cross-by-joe-allen

IN RECENT years, the image of the Red Cross has been tarnished. The worst scandal came after the September 11 attacks, when it was revealed that a large portion of the hundreds of millions of dollars donated to the organization went not to survivors or family members of those killed, but to other Red Cross operations, in what was described by chapters across the country as a bait-and-switch operation.

Recently, long-simmering concerns about the Red Cross disaster relief operations were expressed by Richard Walden, of the humanitarian group Operation USA, in the Los Angeles Times--prompting a vitriolic response by the Red Cross.

But these recent scandals are nothing new for the Red Cross. In fact, the whole history of the organization is one gigantic scandal--stretching from its racist policies toward African Americans to its corporate mentality toward human beings.
It is a tribute to the feebleness of the U.S. media--and the Red Cross powerful Republican allies--that an institution with such a dubious history continues as the symbol of humanitarian leadership, when it should have been replaced by a far more effective agency decades ago.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE RED Cross was founded in 1881 by Clara Barton, who became famous during the Civil War for organizing the distribution of food and medical supplies to Union Army soldiers.

The Red Cross is specifically mandated, according to its Congressional charter adopted in 1905, to carry out a system of national and international relief in time of peace, and apply that system in mitigating the suffering caused by pestilence, famine, fire, floods and other great national calamities, and to devise and carry out measures preventing those calamities. The organization was also to carry out its work in accordance with the Geneva Conventions concerning the treatment of prisoners of war. Later, the Red Cross would also be entrusted with control of a large part of the nations blood supply.

But who got relief after disasters has always been affected by the racism that has been part of the Red Cross long history.

For example, during the Great 1927 Flood that destroyed large parts of the Mississippi Delta and Louisiana, Black farm laborers and sharecroppers without a doubt suffered the most. As John Barry documents in his epic history of the flood, Rising Tide, delta plantation owners refused to evacuate them out of the region for fear--rightly--that most wouldnt return to their miserable, slave-like conditions.

The Red Cross came in to provide temporary housing and food aid. What African Americans of the Delta got was prison-like camps where they were routinely beaten by white, racist National Guardsmen. Food distributed by the Red Cross was given to whites first, and if anything was left, it went to Black survivors.

On the eve of the Second World War, the Red Cross stockpiled large amounts of blood because of techniques developed by the brilliant African American scientist Dr. Charles Drew. Drew himself became director of the Red Cross's Blood Bank in 1941, but resigned his position after the War Department ordered that the blood of Black and white donors be segregated.

Drew called the order a stupid blunder, but the Red Cross complied and imposed Jim Crow in the blood supply. The Red Cross even initially refused to accept the donation of blood by African Americans at the beginning of the war effort--though it was willing to accept cash donations from them. Throughout the war, the NAACP investigated complaints by Black servicemen of racist treatment by Red Cross.

The Red Cross desegregated the blood supply after the Second World War nationally, but it allowed its Southern chapters to continue segregating blood through the 1960s.

People who think of the Red Cross as a private charity would be shocked to discover its actual legal status.

Congress incorporated the Red Cross to act under government supervision. Eight of the 50 members of its board of governors are appointed by the president of the United States, who also serves as honorary chairperson. Currently, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security are members of the board of governors.

This unique, quasi-governmental status allows the Red Cross to purchase supplies from the military and use government facilities--military personnel can actually be assigned to duty with the Red Cross. Last year, the organization received $60 million in grants from federal and state governments. However, as one federal court noted, a perception that the organization is independent and neutral is equally vital.

The leading administrators and officials of the Red Cross are almost always drawn from the corporate boardroom or the military high command. Among the past chairs and presidents of the Red Cross are seven former generals or admirals and one ex-president.

The current president Marty Evans is a retired rear admiral and a director of the investment firm Lehman Brothers Holdings. Bonnie McElveen-Hunter, the chair of the Red Cross, is also CEO of Pace Communications, whose clients include United Airlines, Delta Air Lines and AT&T--a group of companies known for their vicious treatment of workers.

The Red Cross has become particularly tied up with the Republican Party in recent decades. Both McElveen-Hunter and Evans are Bush appointees--for her part, McElveen-Hunter has donated over $130,000 to the Republican Party since 2000.

THOUGH IT is technically a nonprofit, the Red Cross is run more like profit-hungry corporation than what most people think a charity would act like. The most deadly example of this was the Red Cross criminally negligent response to the early stages of the AIDS epidemic in the 1980s.

The Red Cross has been for many decades, and remains today, the largest blood bank in the country. In 1982 and especially 1983, when it would have possible to contain the outbreak--or at least stop the spread of the disease through infusions of infected blood--major blood banks, led by the Red Cross, opposed national testing of blood for HIV.

The Red Cross opposition was based on the financial cost. As investigative journalist Judith Reitman wrote in her book Bad Blood: It appeared it would be cheaper to pay off infected blood recipients, should they pursue legal action, than to up the Red Cross blood supply.

Earlier this year, the Canadian Red Cross pleaded guilty to distributing contaminated blood supplies that infected thousands of Canadians with HIV and hepatitis C in the 1980s. This scandal is a large part of why the Canadian Red Cross was removed from running the country's blood supply in the late 1990s--but not the American Red Cross.

Enron-style bookkeeping, deceptive advertising and outright theft of funds have also been a big part of the Red Cross recent history.

For years, the organization has been criticized for raising money for one disaster, and then withholding a large chunk of it for other operations and fundraising. For example, the Red Cross raised around $50 million for the victims of the 1989 San Francisco earthquake in San Francisco, but its estimated that only $10 million was ever turned over to the victims.

Similar charges were made against the Red Cross following fundraising operations after the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 and a San Diego fire in 2001. There was also a huge scandal involving the embezzlement of millions of dollars in donations in the New Jersey chapter in the late 1990s.

These scandals and the potentially embarrassing political fallout from them were muffled by the media and the Red Cross political allies. But the truth couldnt be contained after September 11.

Soon after the attacks, Dr. Bernadine Healy, who was appointed president of the Red Cross in 1999, appealed for donations to help survivors and the families of those killed. In record-breaking time, the organization raised nearly $543 million.

Then the controversy began. A congressional investigation revealed that--though it had promised that all 9/11 donations would all go to victims families--the Red Cross held back more than half of the $543 million. During congressional hearings, Rep. Billy Tauzin (R-La.)--soon to become a lobbyist for Big Pharma--declared: Whats at issue here is that a special fund was established for these families. It was specially funded for this event, September 11. And it is being closed now because were told enough moneys been raised in it, but were also told, by the way, were going to give two-thirds of it away to other Red Cross needs.

Healy was forced to resign, and her successors promised to allocate all of the money to September 11 survivors and their families.

THE HURRICANE Katrina catastrophe on the Gulf Coast has revealed the same old problems with the Red Cross. In late September, the organization was ordered out of a suburban Atlanta relief center because, according to the New York Times, its application process had resulted in long lines and the group had made false promises of financial payments.

In an even more bizarre incident in Chicago, students were turned away from volunteering for a multi-agency relief center because they refused to sign a loyalty oath to the U.S. government!

Some more scrutiny of the Red Cross is beginning to take place. As Richard Walden, of Operation USA, wrote in the Los Angeles Times, Its fundraising vastly outruns its programs because it does very little or nothing to rescue survivors, provide direct medical care or rebuild houses.

Walden noted (and the Red Cross now confirms) that the organization has raised $1 billion in pledges and gifts for hurricane relief. He also revealed that FEMA and the affected states are reimbursing the Red Cross under pre-existing contracts for emergency shelter and other disaster services. The existence of these contracts is no secret to anyone but the American public.

How many people would donate to the Red Cross if they knew all this?
In the richest country in the history of the world, it is a travesty that such an organization is responsible for lifesaving. We deserve so much better.

iOWNme
28th August 2011, 06:38 AM
More on the Red Cross MURDERERS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPjXmtBRIs

Who runs the Salvation Army?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXcSQ6OW6oA

Ponce
28th August 2011, 08:43 AM
I don't know if the woman that was the president director of the Red Cross is still the same but the one from two years ago was Jewish and not matter how hard they tried to kicked her off it didn't work.

When I was in the army and stationed in Alaska my mother was in prison in Cuba (counter revolucionary activities) as you know she was an American from the peach state......anyway......I went to the Salvation Army to see if they could help her, either to get her out or to see that she was getting food and being taken cared off........they told me that they didn't do anything in Cuba........found out later that it was a danm lie.

The same goes for "The Disabled American Veteran" people, found out that only 7% of what they collected was going to the veterans..........that's why I no longer give anything to anyone.

First post of the day................good morning to one and all.

MNeagle
21st November 2011, 09:38 AM
Twin Cities shopper says Salvation Army bell-ringer harassed him for not giving

A South St. Paul man said a Salvation Army bell-ringer berated him for not putting any money in a kettle outside a Twin Cities Walgreens drug store, prompting him to declare that he "will never again give" to the charity.

In a letter to the editor published Monday in the Star Tribune, Mark Williams says the confrontation happened while he and his son were entering the store and resumed upon departing.

"Unfortunately, I had no cash, just check cards, so I was unable to donate," Williams wrote. "As we walked past, the bell-ringer began to harass me about not giving any money."

Then, while leaving the store, "it started up again -- and continued as we were driving out of the parking lot," Williams added. "This person was waving his arms and yelling at us.

"What a shame that a service that is designed to help the needy has to resort to using combative, rude people to achieve its goals. I will never again give to the Salvation Army."

In an interview Monday, Williams said the incident Thursday evening at the Walgreens on Cahill Avenue in Inver Grove Heights rattled his 12-year-old son.
"The guy scared him," Williams said. "He didn't want to get out of the car at McDonald's" across the street, where they stopped afterward.

Williams said he has spoken with one person at the charity about what happened. "She was going to have another person call me back, which has never happened," he said.

Salvation Army spokeswoman Annette Bauer said that if she can substantiate what Williams is reporting, that bell-ringer will "never ring for us again."

As for Williams' pledge to never again give to the Salvation Army, he said "I'm open" to resuming his regular practice of feeding the kettle every holiday season.
Bauer acknowledged that the charity does field a handful of complaints about bell-ringers, who are either paid $8 an hour or are volunteers, at about 400 Red Kettle locations around the metro area during the Christmas season. Some who are paid are struggling to get back on their feet financially and have been homeless or live at the Salvation Army's shelter.

"We usually hear about [bell-ringers] smoking or texting while at the kettle," she said, along with the long-running debate over whether they should say "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas" to shoppers.

Bauer said that bell-ringers are briefed on how to interact with the public. They are instructed to not start conversations, but if shoppers "engage you in conversation, that's OK," she added.

Otherwise, the charity encourages bell-ringers to make sure to give a holiday greeting and say thank you, she said.

And above all, Bauer added, "Don't question if someone gives or not. If someone gives, they give. If they don't, they don't."

Bauer said she would like to find the letter-writer and explain that what he says happened violates the Salvation Army's "rules of engagement."

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/134247283.html

Buddha
21st November 2011, 09:47 AM
Around here there is a person every year who puts a Krugerrand in one of the kettles. I've never liked the red cross, too close to the government for me.

MNeagle
21st November 2011, 10:36 AM
Ohio Salvation Army kettle stolen at knifepoint

NORTH CANTON, Ohio (AP) — Police say an Ohio Salvation Army bell-ringer outside a Kmart store was robbed of his red kettle by four men with a knife.

North Canton police say they don't know how much donated money was in the kettle when it was taken Saturday evening.

Police Sgt. Frank Kemp tells WJW-TV (http://bit.ly/vPzm84) the four men, all wearing dark clothing and hoodies, threatened to use the knife. Kemp says the bell-ringer followed the Salvation Army's standard procedure in such cases and did not put up a struggle. The robbers took off on foot.

Police are asking for tips to help find them.

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-salvation-army-kettle-stolen-knifepoint-141719345.html

Awoke
21st November 2011, 10:42 AM
Unicef and the Red Cross are spy agencies with diplomatic immunity world wide.

Twisted Titan
21st November 2011, 10:51 AM
All of my philantrophy is all the local level

I don't give to any big organizations.....its the small mom and pops that need you

Glass
21st November 2011, 06:43 PM
yes Red Cross stole $900 million that Aussies donated for Aceh