PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

iOWNme
3rd September 2011, 06:40 AM
Im sure a lot of members here drink coffee. I used to drink it everyday, but have cut down in the past couple years to weekends only.

Most people use tap water to make their coffee. This is a big No No - Because of all of the poison in tap water. I find myself using filtered water when making my coffee.

I think this may be an area where people dont think about what they are drinking. Remember, fluoride is bad enough on your skin (shower) and in your mouth (brushing teeth). But actually taking it in and digesting it, is a whole different animal.

It is very convenient to just fill up the coffee maker with tap water, but we know this is unhealthy. The same goes with brushing your teeth. It is much easier to just put your brush under the sink and get it wet. I keep filtered water in my bathroom for this purpose.

Anyone else have any other methods of using fresh water to make coffee?

palani
3rd September 2011, 06:47 AM
My M.D. states that coffee is a perfect beverage. The only thing is people consume it improperly. He recommends organic coffee applied in enema form.

Now THERE is a new marketing idea for Starbucks.

StreetsOfGold
3rd September 2011, 06:52 AM
I've have had a Miss silvia for many years http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/consumer/rancilio_silvia
Although an expresso maker first it can be used as a coffee maker as well and if taken care of can last a lifetime.
I always use distilled water and for 3 good reasons. The expresso/coffee tastes best, it's better for you (your health) and it keeps the machne from needing an internal cleaning as much. Since this has a copper boiler (as opposed to an aluminum one) it's also better in this area as well, something that most coffee makers use.

basplaer
11th September 2011, 09:28 AM
Hard to beat a French press with ro/di water, IMO.

Glass
11th September 2011, 04:45 PM
was a hard core coffee drinker for a long while. Would crank out a double expresso on the machine and work it up to a large flat white. Morning routine. Big travel mug. Cruise to work. Was the best. Maybe 5 or 6 cups a day. Then the chest pains started and were excruciating. Gave it away. Now only 1 cup of lo-fi coffee per week.

Filtered water is worth it for the flavour. I'm doing a lot of tea these days. Black tea but am looking for green from here on to cut down the flouride. I buy bulk and green is hard to find bulk. Time to hassle some asian grocers

BabushkaLady
11th September 2011, 07:26 PM
Anyone else have any other methods of using fresh water to make coffee?

My spring-fed gravity-flow water makes all the difference in the world for my coffee and my skin.

I guess moving isn't an option? ;D