PDA

View Full Version : Which Comes First? Gold $2000 or $50 Silver?

Large Sarge
4th September 2011, 11:31 AM
I am going to attempt to post this as a poll....

So everyone understands with the current prices

Gold @ $1885 to $2000 = 6% gain

Silver at $43.25 to $50 = 15% gain

although the poll will not list dates/months, you are welcome to post any forecasts...

beefsteak
4th September 2011, 11:33 AM
Sarge,
I'm voting Gold gets there first; before end of Sept 2011.

Large Sarge
4th September 2011, 11:38 AM
I am taking silver, I know its a long shot, but I see QE3/TARP in the immediate future (possibly rushed due to bank lawsuits), and I see Sept as the last viable month for silver on the COMEX

to many people are waking up to the silver story, news travels fast in the information age, and the silver market is so small ....

Its a long shot for silver to beat gold in this race, but I feel pretty confident we got 6 weeks or less with silver under $50.....

Neuro
4th September 2011, 11:39 AM
I also think gold will get there first, but I think it is like 60-40 in golds favour.

gunDriller
4th September 2011, 01:06 PM
i think that in 2012 gold will break $2200 easy - i think it will break the $2400 barrier.

it is inevitable that the world will witness how sick the US$ and other fiat currencies really are. the last fiat currency of repute, the Swiss Franc, is now being devalued because the Swiss want to be able to export. so that "safe currency" choice is gone.

for people seeking safety - gold and silver. those who are aware of the technique of using silver as a currency to buy gold (at today's prices, you can 'buy' an ounce of gold for $1300 by buying 30 ounces of silver, in anticipation of a GSR of 30:1) will help drive up the silver price.

wealthy individuals will continue to go mostly for the gold. and there's a boatload of wealthy people who are going to FREAK when they see their bond & stock holdings tank - while gold is going steadily up.

in one of the recent King World interviews, the guy talked about people selling their place in line, outside the bank, to buy gold in 1979-1980. i guess now the only way to "get a place in line" is to just ... buy physical gold !

Large Sarge
4th September 2011, 01:31 PM
I will say this, whenever silver enters the race, all bets are off....

Here it is total supply for 2010 Silver (735 Million ounces)

http://www.silverinstitute.org/production.php

now remember that items a few days ago, Silver Eagles Projected at 46 million ounces...

6% of all silver is going into silver eagles

Also total demand for 2010 was 878 million ounces, (thats a 19%+ annual deficit, which deficits like that(double digit), have gone on for decades)

and lastly, total world fabrication of silver rounds, bars, medals for investment purposes for 2010 101 million ounces...

2011 1 mint (the U.S. Mint) is set to do 46 million ounces.

mick silver
4th September 2011, 02:06 PM
Gold to $2000

1970 silver art
4th September 2011, 02:30 PM
I say that $2000 gold will come first but $2000 gold will occur, in my opinion, sometime AFTER 2011. I also think that $50 silver will eventually happen but AFTER 2011. Gold is NOT going to hit $2000 this year and silver is NOT going to it $50 this year.

Uncle Salty
4th September 2011, 03:16 PM
Gold. Hands down. It can get there in two days. Silver is still too manipulated to get their first.

Serpo
4th September 2011, 03:35 PM
Yes gold is leading the way at the moment

kiffertom
4th September 2011, 03:59 PM
remember gold is money silver is not. silver is an industrial metal. look at platinum. less than gold. how many times has that happened? gold is functioning like a currency. thats why its increasing in its relationship to all other currencies.

Serpo
4th September 2011, 04:01 PM
remember gold is money silver is not. silver is an industrial metal. look at platinum. less than gold. how many times has that happened? gold is functioning like a currency. thats why its increasing in its relationship to all other currencies.

Silver is both............

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_01/morgan071001.html

Large Sarge
4th September 2011, 04:17 PM

silver is a currency/money also, and has been longer than gold.

the main difference is that central banks (Except China's Central bank) do not hold or monetize silver...

Remember years ago, as the gold price was near the bottom, and Britain unloaded half of its gold for $300 an ounce, and other countries followed....

then we hit a long dry spell.....(no central bank sales of gold at all)

and way back, when central banks were selling gold, Sinclair said "there will come a day in the future that central banks reverse, and start buying gold, and it will drive the prices to unbelievable levels"

well central banks are buying now, as sinclair predicted...

Silver is so scarce it does not need central banks to drive it to the moon and beyond, although it appears likely China's central bank has adopted Silver as a reserve

and if that rumor pans out on china, then silver will be officially "monetized" by the money gods of our world (central banks)

food for thought

madfranks
4th September 2011, 06:58 PM
silver is a currency/money also, and has been longer than gold.

the main difference is that central banks (Except China's Central bank) do not hold or monetize silver...

I would add that a secondary reason is that the big money players are panicking trying to figure out where to go, and the big money will target gold before silver. As more and more big money targets gold, silver will begin to gather steam as it looks cheaper and cheaper. Soon more and more will target silver too, reinforcing its status as a monetary metal.