PDA

View Full Version : My Ass/Gut is too Fat...

osoab
13th September 2011, 06:40 AM
Get bigger tables.

White Castle hates fatty’s gut (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/white_castle_hates_fatty_gut_UQk76R1S8Mbud5aMhaxD3 J)

A bigger seat -- it’s what he craves.

A devoted, 290-pound White Castle fan is steaming mad at the fast-food chain, which he says repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger.

All stockbroker Martin Kessman wants is a place at the table. But when the 64-year-old walked into the White Castle in Nanuet back in April 2009 for his usual No. 2 combo meal, he got an unpleasant surprise.

“They’re stationary booths,” he told The Post. “I’m not humongous, [but] I’m a big guy. I could not wedge myself in.”

Mortified and in pain from smacking his knee into one of the table’s metal supports, Kessman limped out of the restaurant, and later penned a complaint to corporate headquarters.

“As I looked around the restaurant, I saw that there were no tables and chairs that could accommodate a person that merely wanted to sit down and eat his meal,” Kessman wrote.

Kessman claims he has no problem finding a place to take a load off at other fast-food places, and fits easily into airline seats.

White Castle replied with three “very condescending letters” -- and an offer that added insult to injury.

“In each letter was a coupon for three free hamburgers -- but the cheese was extra!” according to a lawsuit Kessman filed last week in Manhattan federal court.

But somehow, the humiliation didn’t dampen Kessman’s appetite for sliders at a discount.

“My wife went and picked up the burgers ... because I did not want to set foot into the store,” he said. “Any subsequent trips to the store have been made by my wife -- I have been like an outcast.”

White Castle also pledged to expand its seats, Kessman claimed.
“They sent me specs and everything, about how the booths were going to be enlarged and made comfortable for people with a little more weight,” Kessman said. “So two and a half years went by, and nothing was done.”

The Rockland County man says the chain’s uncomfortable booths violate the civil rights of fat people.

The Americans with Disabilities Act is “applicable, not only to me, but to pregnant women and to handicapped people,” he said.

“I just want to sit down like a normal person,” said Kessman, who is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages.

Kessman could have approached a store manager and asked for a regular chair, said White Castle spokeswoman Jamie Richardson, who had no timetable for the expected renovation of the Nanuet store.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/09/11/news/web_photos/11.1n017.toofat1.C--300x300.jpg

Son-of-Liberty
13th September 2011, 06:44 AM
I'm glad this guy identified the real problem. It wasn't that his gut is too big it is that furniture is too small. And eating at white castle has nothing to do with his problem either.

freespirit
13th September 2011, 07:08 AM
he just wants to sit down like a normal person?!?

try dropping seventy pounds or so!

oh, wait! then he wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Awoke
13th September 2011, 07:22 AM
“I’m not humongous, [but] I’m a big guy."

Did he seriously say that? What a fucking dumbass. It amazes me, what people will put so much effort into. Writing the headquearters? Sending his wife in to get his food?

This whole "White Castle" debacle is the most important thing going on in this guys life right now (that he's aware of), and that is a pretty sad statement.

midnight rambler
13th September 2011, 07:27 AM
Kessman claims he...fits easily into airline seats.

How funny. I wonder if the poor souls who find themselves sitting next to him feel the same way.

solid
13th September 2011, 07:38 AM
This whole "White Castle" debacle is the most important thing going on in this guys life right now (that he's aware of), and that is a pretty sad statement.

Must be pretty important to this guy. My guess is that he's not alone and that lot's of larger people eat at White Castles though.

What I also find odd, is how White Castle has fixed seating not accomodating larger people. We don't have them here on the West coast. White Castle has to know, that folks that eat at their places have a higher tendency to be larger people. It is bad management to make your customers uncomfortable.

madfranks
13th September 2011, 07:41 AM
an offer that added insult to injury: “In each letter was a coupon for three free hamburgers -- but the cheese was extra!” according to a lawsuit Kessman filed last week in Manhattan federal court.

I had to double check that this wasn't the Onion after reading that. Is he for real? Also, when you say this:

I could not wedge myself in.

That means you are too fat.

Awoke
13th September 2011, 08:40 AM
Must be pretty important to this guy.

So is Brittany Spears and Hockey. That's my point. Shameful.

Dogman
13th September 2011, 08:44 AM
That ass needs to get out of the chair and away from the table. Then that ass needs to start walking, running etc, etc. Plus that ass needs to cut down on the food it processes.

If that ass did any of the above , the chair and table would be just fine!

solid
13th September 2011, 08:45 AM

Yeah, reminds me of that video someone posted awhile back, when Church's ran out of fried chicken. People just couldn't wrap their minds around no chicken, they felt so entitled to it.

If this guy is so upset about his dependancy on White Castle. He needs to break the dependancy, and free himself from his addictions. I don't think he'd understand that concept though.

nunaem
13th September 2011, 08:55 AM
Sometimes I wish there was a zombiepocalypse and all the fatties get eaten.

solid
13th September 2011, 09:07 AM
Sometimes I wish there was a zombiepocalypse and all the fatties get eaten.

People come in all shapes and sizes though..there's a guy who's always there when I go to the gym. If you looked at him, he's huge, looks obese. However, he's a powerllifting trainer that helps a lot of folks with their lifts. He also is on the treadmill a lot. He's just a big guy. If you saw him bench press 500lbs, you'd realize it's just his body type. A lot of guys who appear large, have crazy strength underneath. I doubt he eats fast food crap as well, most likely a 5lb steak is his dinner.

nunaem
13th September 2011, 09:11 AM
As long as he can run from the zombies, he'll be alright.

solid
13th September 2011, 09:15 AM
As long as he can run from the zombies, he'll be alright.

LOL, I doubt he could outrun the zombies...but if the zombies caught up to him, he would be tossing the zombies around all over the place. I'm sure it would be a battle. :) He might even eat a zombie or two in the process.;D

Awoke
13th September 2011, 09:29 AM
People come in all shapes and sizes though..there's a guy who's always there when I go to the gym. If you looked at him, he's huge, looks obese. However, he's a powerllifting trainer that helps a lot of folks with their lifts. He also is on the treadmill a lot. He's just a big guy. If you saw him bench press 500lbs, you'd realize it's just his body type. A lot of guys who appear large, have crazy strength underneath. I doubt he eats fast food crap as well, most likely a 5lb steak is his dinner.

Really?
Does he look like this (http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/09/11/news/web_photos/11.1n017.toofat1.C--300x300.jpg)?

ximmy
13th September 2011, 10:38 AM
“In each letter was a coupon for three free hamburgers -- but the cheese was extra!” according to a lawsuit Kessman filed last week in Manhattan federal court.

Freakin White Castle criminals
BTW...
Does this burger make my butt look fat?

Gaillo
13th September 2011, 10:41 AM
So... a fatass AND a dumbass! Surprising how often the two go together... ;D

Dogman
13th September 2011, 10:43 AM

BTW...
Does this burger make my butt look fat? Depends?

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4462/buttf.jpg

beefsteak
13th September 2011, 12:08 PM
Dogman,

My wife laughed outloud at your cartoon, and asked me to reply to you with this quote:

"DEPENDS ALWAYS makes a butt look fat. AND leaves a telltale line t'boot."

beefsteak

Dogman
13th September 2011, 12:15 PM
Dogman,

My wife laughed outloud at your cartoon, and asked me to reply to you with this quote:

"DEPENDS ALWAYS makes a butt look fat. AND leaves a telltale line t'boot."

beefsteak

Whoops!

Glad she had a chuckle , and great reply! ;D

mick silver
13th September 2011, 12:46 PM

BTW...
Does this burger make my butt look fat?
yes it does ximmy

joboo
13th September 2011, 03:50 PM
Next news article for him will be dead fat guy stuck in white castle chair.

joboo
13th September 2011, 03:56 PM

I bet buddy pounds down sugar, white potatoes, and pasta like he breathes. Probably why he has so much energy to power lift all the time. His diet ratios are probably horrible beyond belief.

Muscle will consume fat 24/7. The more you have, the quicker you burn fat. Anyone can lean out if they eat right, and exercise. If the fat is rolling off you, and you're working out regularly, you're doing something wrong.

solid
13th September 2011, 06:51 PM
I bet buddy pounds down sugar, white potatoes, and pasta like he breathes. Probably why he has so much energy to power lift all the time. His diet ratios are probably horrible beyond belief.

Muscle will consume fat 24/7. The more you have, the quicker you burn fat. Anyone can lean out if they eat right, and exercise. If the fat is rolling off you, and you're working out regularly, you're doing something wrong.

I don't really know that guy, but saw him at the gym today. He was lifting and helping a group with their lifts. He a friendly guy, love's powerlifting. I have to respect that.

Best I can tell, he's the type that doesn't care what other people think about him. It's easy to look at a guy, and judge him, without knowing the whole story. I have no idea what his diet is, but if he's in the gym moving the amount of weight around that I've seen, he's a lot healthier than most folks in this country. I've seen the guy squating 6 plates per side.

I'm just saying, some bigger guys are just big by design. Big weight can move some big weight around. It's not all fat, it's muscle. I hope that guys lives a long healthy life. I'm thinking he will.

Son-of-Liberty
13th September 2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah but you can tell when someone is big and strong compared to big and sloppy. Linebackers might have big guts but they are also huge all over. Fat sloppy people have big guts and man boobs but don't stretch the shoulders out on their XXL shirts the way a line backer or heavy power lifter would.

Son-of-Liberty
13th September 2011, 07:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o78D7GFFkk

solid
13th September 2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah but you can tell when someone is big and strong compared to big and sloppy. Linebackers might have big guts but they are also huge all over. Fat sloppy people have big guts and man boobs but don't stretch the shoulders out on their XXL shirts the way a line backer or heavy power lifter would.

True, but you can big and look fat at the same time. I'm just pointing out that by society's standards, there's not much of a difference. That guy I posted about looks a bit like Tank Abbot, but a wider in the waist, short and stocky as hell.

I'd like anyone here to go up and tell Tank he's a fatty. I don't think he cares what people think about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZsx-IQrkME

Son-of-Liberty
13th September 2011, 07:39 PM
That video probably BS. There is some talk that Tank admitted to it being fake.

There are very few men in the entire world that can bench 600 pounds raw (lots can with a multi-ply bench shirt). I just can't see anyone in their right mind bouncing 600 off their chest with a skinny dude for a spotter. Most times when you are doing that much weight you have a spotter on each side of the bar. What the hell would he have done if he broke his sternum or tore a pec on that bounce (which is highly likely) with the skinny dude behind him? I am thinking it is 405 with 2 fake plates per side and a cheap bar that would bend quite a bit with that much weight. Still super strong if you can bench 405.

solid
13th September 2011, 07:44 PM
That video probably BS. There is some talk that Tank admitted to it being fake.

I am thinking it is 405 with 2 fake plates per side and a cheap bar that would bend quite a bit with that much weight. Still super strong if you can bench 405.

Did Tank admit it was fake? I'd be surprised if he pulled a stunt like that, fake weight, with his reputation. That guy is supposed to be top notch, actually a really cool guy.

If it was 405, it would have to be a cheap bar. That bar was bending for sure, an olympic 45lb bar would not bend that much with 405. It would with 600 though. To me it looks legit.

You are right though, very few folks can bench that much. Tank is 6 feet tall, something like 280lbs. I believe he could do.

Son-of-Liberty
13th September 2011, 08:36 PM
Watched it again. Fake.

He is also shifting his legs around after he unracks the bar. Overall his form isn't very good. Form is crucial with that sort of weight if you don't keep everything tight you are going to blow out a shoulder or tear a pec. You just don't lift that much weight that sloppily with or without the dangerous bounce with no effort locking out if it is legit. The tiny spotter is also a give away. That would mean that he is not even worried that he might not get the lift ( not worried with 600lbs??) cause if something happens that guy is not going to cut it. Tank is big but his arms and shoulders are no where near big enough to press that kind of weight.

There are plenty of BS lifts on youtube.

ximmy
13th September 2011, 08:49 PM
He could have done it... I remember (UFC early years) watching him fight professional wrestlers & mma fighters and he was just a street brawler... almost no man could have done what he did...

Abbott was a frequent participant in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Fighting_Championship) (UFC). Abbott made his mixed martial arts debut in 1995 at UFC 6 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_6) Clash of the Titans in Casper, Wyoming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper,_Wyoming). In his opening fight, he knocked out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocked_out) John Matua (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Matua), who weighed 400 lb, in 18 seconds.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Abbott#cite_note-1) Later that night he fought Oleg Taktarov (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Taktarov) for over 17 minutes before succumbing to a rear naked choke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear_naked_choke).[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Abbott#cite_note-411mania.com-2) [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Abbott#endnote_mma1) Both men collapsed in exhaustion after the fight, and Taktarov had to be carried out of the cage.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Abbott#cite_note-411mania.com-2) In his first 4 UFC tournament appearances, Abbott advanced at least 1 round in all of them. Around the same time the UFC began switching away from the tournament format, his fortunes declined, as he won only 2 of 5 bouts in '97-'98 before retiring from MMA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP2twpT6UZo

solid
13th September 2011, 09:04 PM
Watched it again. Fake.

He is also shifting his legs around after he unracks the bar. Overall his form isn't very good. Form is crucial with that sort of weight if you don't keep everything tight you are going to blow out a shoulder or tear a pec. You just don't lift that much weight that sloppily with or without the dangerous bounce with no effort locking out if it is legit. The tiny spotter is also a give away. That would mean that he is not even worried that he might not get the lift ( not worried with 600lbs??) cause if something happens that guy is not going to cut it. Tank is big but his arms and shoulders are no where near big enough to press that kind of weight.

There are plenty of BS lifts on youtube.

I think you are right, it's probably 405 with a couple of fakes in there. 405 is still damn strong though. Like you said, the spotter is the give away, nobody would attemp 600 with a tiny spotter like that. That spotter would have been useless to him.

The world record raw bench is 715. Check out the massive size of Mendelson, and all the spotters there to help if he needed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bu9csQC45c

Son-of-Liberty
13th September 2011, 09:49 PM
Mendelson's legs look like tree trunks.

Large Sarge
14th September 2011, 01:49 AM
Tank Abbott was a machine....

used to love watching that guy, just a big street fighter really

Large Sarge
14th September 2011, 01:53 AM
so is that suppossed to be tank abbott doing that monster bench press in the beginning of the video?

Large Sarge
14th September 2011, 03:02 AM
I got 405 in my day, could only single it, used to do 385 for a triple though....(that was raw)

Never a great bencher

wrs
14th September 2011, 06:26 AM

As opposed to being worried about curses from a mythical book you and certain others take as truth but others could care less about? Seriously, get a life and quit condemning what other people deem as important. This guy is a fat slob complaing about his inconvenience for being fat, it's important to him. He's wrong to be upset, just lose some weight and it isn't an issue. First thing to do would be quit eating at White Castle since it's probably the source of a lot of that gut. He may not have long to complain anyway given his weight, he is sure to have physical issues already as a result of hauling that massive gut around anyway. The contents of your book and it's imprecation against anyone who doesn't accept it isn't relevant on this thread.

Awoke
14th September 2011, 07:20 AM
As opposed to being worried about curses from a mythical book you and certain others take as truth but others could care less about?
The contents of your book and it's imprecation against anyone who doesn't accept it isn't relevant on this thread.

OK, so then why are you bringing it into the conversation?
Oh yeah, because you need to attack me about something, so you may as well drag my faith into the discussion, even though it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. You're so pathetically predictable.

When I looked at your name and saw that it was the most recent post in this thread, I thought to myself "Somehow WRS is going to attack me about Christianity in this thread".
I clicked on it and a guess what? I was right. I should open up a psychic hotline.

Then there is this tirade:

This guy is a fat slob complaing about his inconvenience for being fat, it's important to him. He's wrong to be upset, just lose some weight and it isn't an issue. First thing to do would be quit eating at White Castle since it's probably the source of a lot of that gut. He may not have long to complain anyway given his weight, he is sure to have physical issues already as a result of hauling that massive gut around anyway.

But wait! What was it you said?

Seriously, get a life and quit condemning what other people deem as important.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Right. Feeling a little lost?

osoab
14th September 2011, 07:34 AM
Will he go after Krispy Kreme next?

wrs
14th September 2011, 07:38 AM
My comments are not a tirade at all, just an observation that his issues are self imposed. He should lose the weight and then he could fit under the table. If he doesn't want to lose the weight he could choose some other burger joint or take his stuff to go. There are lot's of options for the guy but he chooses to complain instead of adapt. Whether or not his concerns are important in comparison to your worries about TEOTWAWKI because of the mythical imprecations you support is what I am commenting upon wrt to your remark. Almost every post you make has some reference or allusion to your favorite myth in it and mostly I just ignore them but sometimes, you are just too big a target to ignore. This was one of those times, awoke the mythster.

JDRock
14th September 2011, 07:45 AM
anyone comlaining about their weight while in the act
patronizing a fast food chain....should be hauled off to the loony bin! Cause and effect anyone??

nunaem
14th September 2011, 09:04 AM
patronizing a fast food chain....should be hauled off to the loony bin! Cause and effect anyone??

Next thing you know, this guy will be complaining about how hard it is for him to buy liquor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxigORGJKOw&feature=related

Awoke
14th September 2011, 09:24 AM
Almost every post you make has some reference or allusion to your favorite myth in it and mostly I just ignore them but sometimes, you are just too big a target to ignore. This was one of those times, awoke the mythster.

It seems you have yet to brush up on your reading comprehension.

I simply said that it's shameful. Shameful that this man is so focused on such an insignificant issue, and campaigning for such an insignificant issue so zealously, when in actuality the very issue he is campaigning for (Fast food industry) is slowly killing him and many others, which is perfectly in line with the global progrom the elite have planned.

I never alluded to, or hinted at, or even made the smallest insinuation that religion has anything to do with what we're talking about.

This man is a testament to the mindset of 99 percent of the population. He is also a prime example of how the elite view us all: Brain dead, dumbed down, without focus, useless eaters, et al.

That is shameful.

Anyways, if you need an excuse to attack me because I love Jesus, I'll give you one:

Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you.

basplaer
14th September 2011, 09:33 AM

He ought to check out Fat Head, the movie by Tom Naughton or some of Gary Taubes' works. Everyone should, actually.

Ash_Williams
14th September 2011, 09:51 AM
2 1/2 years and nothing was done? Does Obama know about this outrage?

Tank was a great fighter but imagine would he could do if he got out and ran a few miles every other day to build up his endurance. Strong isn't necessarily healthy, and those guys often go in their early 50's from heart problems.

StreetsOfGold
14th September 2011, 10:21 AM
I saw that there were no tables and chairs that could accommodate a person that merely wanted to sit down and eat his meal,” Kessman wrote.

There's his first mistake. He thinks White Castles is a "meal"

Dogman
14th September 2011, 10:24 AM
There's his first mistake. He thinks White Castles is a "meal" Well they do contain 3 of the food groups, grain, meat (?) and veg's.

Awoke
14th September 2011, 10:34 AM
He ought to check out Fat Head, the movie by Tom Naughton or some of Gary Taubes' works. Everyone should, actually.

Is it like "Supersize me"?

nunaem
14th September 2011, 10:34 AM
Well they do contain 3 of the food groups, grain, meat (?) and veg's.

The little boxes that hold white white castle burgers are actually more nutritious.

nunaem
14th September 2011, 10:35 AM

Actually, it is the response/rebuttal to 'Supersize Me' (which is vegan BS).

Watch it here: http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head

Awoke
14th September 2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks Nunaem. I will check it out.

basplaer
14th September 2011, 10:54 AM

An entertaining presentation of some more contemporary science of why we get fat, complete with some gov bashing because they spread the lies of monied interests.

nunaem
14th September 2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks Nunaem. I will check it out.

The one area that 'Fat Head' fails big time is differentiating between different carb sources and different fat sources. Grains (especially wheat) and sugar (specifically fructose) are the really harmful carbs, and should be avoided at all costs. Vegetable oils and to a lesser extent omega-6 fats are harmful fats, you should avoid vegie oils like the plague.
Unfortunately 'Fat Head' mentions none of this. He does say to avoid transfats, but everyone knows that.

EDIT to clarify: Omega-6s are only harmful if you eat too much of them, you should eat enough to balance your omega-3 : omega-6 ratio, but don't eat too much.