PDA

View Full Version : Ordinary 'heroes' pull biker from beneath burning car

Glass
13th September 2011, 08:21 PM
Ok Good news story for a change. From Utah.

Ordinary 'heroes' pull biker from beneath burning BMW

A motorcyclist who was pinned under a burning car after a collision in the US says he is grateful for the help of strangers who lifted the vehicle to rescue him.

Onlookers gaped in disbelief as bystanders rushed to lift a burning car from a stunned motorcyclist pinned beneath it after a near-fatal collision.
"I'm just very thankful for everyone that helped me out," biker Brandon Wright told The Associated Press from his hospital bed. "They saved my life."

Authorities said Wright, 21, was riding his motorcycle near the Utah State University campus in Logan when he collided with a black BMW pulling out of a parking lot.
http://images.theage.com.au/2011/09/14/2623923/729-burning-420x0.jpg

Video and full story @ The Age. (http://www.theage.com.au/world/ordinary-heroes-pull-biker-from-beneath-burning-bmw-20110914-1k8lb.html)

Unfortunately no one seems to know how to provide first aid. Might be some thing to brush up on if you are in the same boat.

ximmy
13th September 2011, 08:25 PM
are they pulling him out by his leg??..

solid
13th September 2011, 08:30 PM
are they pulling him out by his leg??..

Yeah, but in a situation like that, you just get him out of harm's way as fast as you can. Pretty amazing story, it's great to see so many folks come together to do something truly heroic. I saw the footage on the news this evening. This is the true American spirit in action, imo.

ximmy
13th September 2011, 08:36 PM
they made him do the splits...

mightymanx
13th September 2011, 08:37 PM
They should have called 911 we can't have citizens acting independently like that, they could be hurt and sue the city.

I hope the are ticked for there brash acts.

(If you don't understand that the statement above was sarcasm, perhaps you are in the wrong forum.)

keehah
13th September 2011, 11:16 PM
Unfortunately no one seems to know how to provide first aid. Might be some thing to brush up on if you are in the same boat.
Lack of training may have saved that man's life!

First rule of safety training: Check your surroundings are safe. Don't put yourself or the casualty at risk.
They would have to wait for the firemen.

And what is that cop doing? Not lifting the car. Trying to arrest something?

Awoke
14th September 2011, 07:24 AM
That's awesome.

mick silver
14th September 2011, 07:35 AM
men like this is what made this country . not afraid to do whats right