PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Takes Gold Over Cash as Security Deposit

Eyebone
14th September 2011, 01:48 PM
He may be Buffoon #37 but he can mainstream stuff.

http://www.goldalert.com/2011/09/donald-trump-takes-gold-over-cash-as-security-deposit/

Donald Trump apparently disagrees with Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke that gold is not money. The prominent real estate investor’s Trump Organization announced that it will accept three 32 ounce gold bars as a security deposit from tenant Apmex at 40 Wall Street in New York City.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-to-take-real-estate-deposit-in-gold-bars-2011-9

"It's a sad day when a large property owner starts accepting gold instead of the dollar," Mr. Trump said in an interview.

Ponce
14th September 2011, 01:57 PM
He didn't became rich by being stupid.......a buffon and crazy? yes, but not stupid.

Eyebone
14th September 2011, 02:13 PM
I'm guilty of mistaking his "showmanship" for buffoonery.

But the sheep pay attention to what he does.

I don't expect to hear any more stories about people doing this cause it's anti agenda.

Cebu_4_2
14th September 2011, 02:21 PM
I wonder why this got any attention. Was it in the MSM?

Neuro
14th September 2011, 02:23 PM
3 kilo's of gold, he will be able to buy a large chunk of Manhattan with that in a few years. LOL

Eyebone
14th September 2011, 02:50 PM
You'd think he would have kept it quiet, taxes and all but maybe he's making a statement.

Neuro
14th September 2011, 02:54 PM
You'd think he would have kept it quiet, taxes and all but maybe he's making a statement.

Buffoons buy gold?

chad
14th September 2011, 02:56 PM
please. it's a security deposit. trump ain't getting it, and apmex ain't losing it.

Twisted Titan
14th September 2011, 03:25 PM
But what about Trump-as-businessman? "I happen to love a weak dollar," Trump said in an interview. "There's nothing better for New York real estate."

The donald speaks with a forked tounge............ as always

gunDriller
14th September 2011, 03:33 PM
But what about Trump-as-businessman? "I happen to love a weak dollar," Trump said in an interview. "There's nothing better for New York real estate."

he's probably got his sales force out harassing the Chinese, the Brazilians, the Canadians, and all other currencies with some strength-of-economy behind them.

personally i'd like see Trump take off his toupee. he's hard to take seriously with the THING on top of his head.

Sparky
14th September 2011, 08:10 PM
More importantly...

Apmex is renting space in a Manhattan skyscraper on Wall Street?? What's that all about?

platinumdude
14th September 2011, 08:27 PM
More importantly...

Apmex is renting space in a Manhattan skyscraper on Wall Street?? What's that all about?

With the new business they drummed up from GIM2 ads, they can afford it now.

Twisted Titan
15th September 2011, 06:14 AM
Any person that keeps allocated silver with Ampex is a friggen fool of the first order...

That will be the first depository to be seized when the hammer falls

mick silver
15th September 2011, 06:20 AM

i was about to say the same thing ... in one ear out the other

Joe King
15th September 2011, 06:21 AM
please. it's a security deposit. trump ain't getting it, and apmex ain't losing it.
Exactly. If he wanted to make a statement, he'd collect the rent in gold.

Also, and just guessing here, but he probably didn't even take posession of the security deposit but rather accepted a claim check for it.

Awoke
15th September 2011, 06:27 AM
Any person that keeps allocated silver with Ampex is a friggen fool of the first order...

That will be the first depository to be seized when the hammer falls

i was about to say the same thing ... in one ear out the other

Hold Physical, friends.

DMac
15th September 2011, 07:04 AM
More importantly...

This is the real secret in the story Sparky! Apmex is signing a 10 year lease marking its presence on wall st.

I think this is a pretty big indicator we've got a very bright future in store for the PMs.

More of the story @ Zerohedge (http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/trump-apmex-and-goldilocks?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedg e+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+fo r+everyone+drops+to+zero%29)

The tenant, precious-metals dealer Apmex, will sign a 10-year lease for 40 Wall’s 50th floor at a leasing rate of about $50 a square foot, according to Apmex Chief Executive Michael R. Haynes. The company is promoting the use of gold as a replacement for cash in some situations.

Eyebone
15th September 2011, 07:37 AM
That was a good link DMac, a lot of the comments were pretty stupid though, I liked "Bernie Bucks".

mick silver
16th September 2011, 07:16 AM
but WHO own apmex