PDA

View Full Version : Man 'gained solace' from coin thefts

madfranks
16th September 2011, 02:00 PM
WTF! So the guy steals over $500k in coins and currency, but it's not that bad because he has a disorder where he has to buy Michael Jordan cards, and the only way he can do it is to steal and sell coins on ebay to raise the money. You couldn't make something like this up if you tried!

Link Here (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-gained-solace-from-coin-thefts-20110915-1kbth.html)

A RARE coin expert obsessed with basketballer Michael Jordan collector cards stole $537,000 in coins and banknotes to ''self-medicate'' an undiagnosed mental health condition.

A psychologist yesterday told a Melbourne court that Marcus Loricchiella, 31, ''achieved a level of psychological comfort'' through offending and then trading in the cards.

Jeffrey Cummins said while Loricchiella stole for greed, by stealing from his employer, selling coins on eBay and then buying and hoarding Jordan's cards he gained solace and support.

sirgonzo420
16th September 2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not even sure where to start with this one.

ximmy
16th September 2011, 02:06 PM
I recommend taxpayer funded disability payments...

Gaillo
16th September 2011, 02:55 PM
I recommend taxpayer funded disability payments...

I recommend his mouth be stuffed full of wadded-up Michael Jordan cards, courtesy of the people he ripped off!

iOWNme
16th September 2011, 03:06 PM
He literally traded PM's for paper......Literally.

Twisted Titan
16th September 2011, 03:51 PM
He traded Golden rookies..for a rookie who has come and gone..........

steyr_m
16th September 2011, 06:20 PM
I'm not even sure where to start with this one.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too.

nunaem
16th September 2011, 07:23 PM
You could just as well argue that serial killers or rapists are just 'self-medicating'.

solid
16th September 2011, 09:45 PM
del

Neuro
17th September 2011, 03:00 AM
I recommend his mouth be stuffed full of wadded-up Michael Jordan cards, courtesy of the people he ripped off!

I don't know, he may like that also...