PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just have to be smarter than your dog!

MNeagle
20th September 2011, 06:20 PM
Our miniature schnauzer was escaping our chain link fence when we first got him this summer. So I diligently attached chicken wire to some of the bottom gaps, thwarting his escapes.

Until this weekend.

He's weaseling underneath it again, and escaping. So I tried putting bricks in front of his escape route, but he keeps knocking them over & getting out. I got fed up w/ it & stuck a bag of mulch on the other side of the gate. Now he can't get out. YET.

Then, tonight it occured to me; Hey, maybe I should put the bricks on the OTHER side of the fence?!

he he he! Try THAT Houdini!

(will report results tomorrow!)

Dogman
20th September 2011, 06:33 PM
Our miniature schnauzer was escaping our chain link fence when we first got him this summer. So I diligently attached chicken wire to some of the bottom gaps, thwarting his escapes.

Until this weekend.

He's weaseling underneath it again, and escaping. So I tried putting bricks in front of his escape route, but he keeps knocking them over & getting out. I got fed up w/ it & stuck a bag of mulch on the other side of the gate. Now he can't get out. YET.

Then, tonight it occured to me; Hey, maybe I should put the bricks on the OTHER side of the fence?!

he he he! Try THAT Houdini!

(will report results tomorrow!)O,K

Get some fence and on the inside bend it into a 90° and lay it all around the standing fence, that will stop any dog that can not jump, squirm/shimmy/beam as in scotty, from excaping.