PDA

View Full Version : some retard on ebay just paid me $500 for $500,000 in iraqi dinar

chad
21st September 2011, 01:58 PM
my brother in law gave me a bunch of it when he got back from desert strom as a novelty. i was going to throw it away, but i listed it for shits and giggles.

2 people got in a bidding war, and the winning guy is shelling out $500. he has over 300 transactions with perfect feedback, most of it buying dinar. paid me with paypal about 10 minutes ago.

either he's a fool or i am.

Neuro
21st September 2011, 02:04 PM
my brother in law gave me a bunch of it when he got back from desert strom as a novelty. i was going to throw it away, but i listed it for shits and giggles.

2 people got in a bidding war, and the winning guy is shelling out $500. he has over 300 transactions with perfect feedback, most of it buying dinar. paid me with paypal about 10 minutes ago.

Sounds like a central bank intervention! ;D

Congratulations!

vacuum
21st September 2011, 02:05 PM
This says its worth $427:

http://coinmill.com/IQD_calculator.html#IQD=500000

sirgonzo420
21st September 2011, 02:06 PM

Fuck, so you ripped me off?

mamboni
21st September 2011, 02:09 PM

This from Reuters:

Plans to back the dinar with gold are imminent. FOREX experts conservatively estimate that the gold-backed dinar will enjoy 100% appreciation. Only a bonehead would sell short his dinars on Ebay.

chad
21st September 2011, 02:10 PM

i still win!

mamboni
21st September 2011, 02:12 PM
i still win!

Did you mean to say 'WINNING!?'

chad
21st September 2011, 02:12 PM
This from Reuters:

Plans to back the dinar with gold are imminent. FOREX experts conservatively estimate that the gold-backed dinar will enjoy 100% appreciation. Only a bonehead would sell short his dinars on Ebay.

:D 10 characters

chad
21st September 2011, 02:22 PM

hey look, bitcoin is on that page. bitcoin made it in to an "official" currency converter?

madfranks
21st September 2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, my brother owns a ton of that currency too. He's been holding on to the hope that "if the value ever comes back anywhere near close to what it was before the invasion then I'll be rich". I've told him for years now that in order for the paper currency he holds to go up 500% in value then 96.875% of that currency in existence needs to disappear. Never gonna happen. Why do people believe this stuff?!?

Joe King
21st September 2011, 04:10 PM
Why do people believe this stuff?!?!?

Could it be due to the lack of accurate data sufficient enough to make a correct determination?

messianicdruid
21st September 2011, 04:34 PM
Could it be due to the lack of accurate data sufficient enough to make a correct determination?

Could it be the oil in the ground to back a higher value for the dinar if/when normal operations resume?

http://www.gods-kingdom-ministries.org/Weblog/WebPosting.cfm?LogID=2323

Cebu_4_2
21st September 2011, 04:58 PM
if it revalues who is to say they will keep the old paper? they will most likly issue new paper and buy the old at a fraction of the value

Joe King
21st September 2011, 05:09 PM
Could it be the oil in the ground to back a higher value for the dinar if/when normal operations resume?

Yea, it's possible that could happen and if it does, that data will be shown to have been the correct data that was lacking for some people.

Grog
22nd September 2011, 04:11 PM
I should put mine on ebay. I had forgotten all about it sitting in the safe. That was one of my dodo 'investments'. LOL we all have 'em once and a while.

mick silver
22nd September 2011, 04:13 PM

last night the guy put the stuff back on ebay and i payed 10 bucks for it all