PDA

View Full Version : feds probe crypic markings on jets that appear when auxilary power is turned on

chad
21st September 2011, 03:38 PM
i don't know what to make of this one. ???

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/09/21/knx-1070-exclusive-feds-probe-possible-arabic-type-markings-on-southwest-jets/

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Federal agencies were working with Southwest Airlines on Thursday to determine who has been vandalizing their aircraft with mysterious markings.

KNX 1070 investigative reporter Charles Feldman has learned that since February, several Southwest jets have been vandalized with mysterious writings that show up on the underbelly of their 737 passenger aircraft.

The writings — which some have interpreted as being either Arabic or Arabic-type symbols — appeared to have been done with a chemical process that reveals the text once an auxiliary power unit is turned on and heats up the outside skin of the aircraft, according to Feldman.

While it remains unclear how many aircraft are involved, the trend has reportedly increased in recent weeks.

Southwest Airlines has ordered its employees not to discuss the matter with the media, Feldman said.

In a statement to KNX 1070, Southwest said it is working with authorities to find those responsible for what the company called “vandalism”, but it’s not clear how many people are involved.

Both the Transportation Security Administration and Federal Bureau of Investigations is working with Southwest, but the airline denied this is a safety issue and would not provide any more details.

Joe King
21st September 2011, 03:47 PM
Yea, that is kinda strange. I wonder if these auxillary power units are used every time the planes fly, or only infrequently.

chad
21st September 2011, 03:51 PM
and i mean, how do you vandalize a plane? not in the air, not on the runway. somebody in a hanger or something has to be doing it, which is even weirder.

Joe King
21st September 2011, 04:01 PM
and i mean, how do you vandalize a plane?You have to be very very sneaky.

somebody in a hanger or something has to be doing it, which is even weirder.It'd almost have to be. Someone must be disgruntled. If it's only one person doing it, they need to look at what all the planes in question have in common relative to the places they've been and the times they've been there.

joboo
21st September 2011, 04:52 PM
Let's see...increase security, make people more fearful of flying.

Sounds like the TSA got a boost from a helping hand.

chad
21st September 2011, 04:54 PM
it's either totally real and masterminded by idiots (doubtful), or completely over the top false flagging. i mean, really? arabic marks underneath planes? who would believe this?

mick silver
21st September 2011, 04:56 PM
j k ................

Joe King
21st September 2011, 05:18 PM
j k ................You really think it impossible for some disgruntled worker to do something like this? I'm just thinking that if it's true, who might be able to do something like that?
...and joboo, it doesn't help TSA any either, as passengers do not have access to the outside of the plane. So it won't serve any purpose to crack down on passengers due to something like this.

sirgonzo420
21st September 2011, 05:29 PM
You really think it impossible for some disgruntled worker to do something like this? I'm just thinking that if it's true, who might be able to do something like that?
...and joboo, it doesn't help TSA any either, as passengers do not have access to the outside of the plane. So it won't serve any purpose to crack down on passengers due to something like this.

Lol.

Since when has logic stopped them?

Joe King
21st September 2011, 05:33 PM
I'm just sayin' they'd have a hard time justifying cracking down on passengers to prevent them doing something to a part of the plane they have no access to.

If someone does something on the airplane, they try to make it where no one can do it again.
ie they've already blocked access by passengers to the underside of the plane.

chad
21st September 2011, 05:42 PM
maybe it's the feds trying to mark which ones the cia should shoot down and blame on arabs.

joboo
21st September 2011, 07:18 PM
You really think it impossible for some disgruntled worker to do something like this? I'm just thinking that if it's true, who might be able to do something like that?

Textbook problem, reaction, solution. For all anyone knows some mossad, TSA agent(s) etc... is/are doing this on the side for cheap thrills.

Since, and including 9/11, nothing has to make sense anymore as long as it gets the intended result.

More sheeple paranoia associated with flying...cui bono?

The arab boogeymen have infiltrated airport security, and are sending an arab message...ahhh, more scanners....more guards....probe me....scan everything.

midnight rambler
21st September 2011, 07:53 PM
APUs are used on a daily basis every time the aircraft is occupied and the main engines are off to run the HVAC, lights, and other systems onboard. The APU is also used to start the main engines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxiliary_power_unit#Function

Having a process which makes the writing appear only when the APU is creating heat on the skin indicates a high level of sophistication. Also, who would have access to so many aircraft to pull this off? It's unlikely to be happening in multiple locations imo.

Joe King
21st September 2011, 08:14 PM
More sheeple paranoia associated with flying...cui bono?
That may very well be the case. Who knows?

The arab boogeymen have infiltrated airport security, and are sending an arab message...ahhh, more scanners....more guards....probe me....scan everything.That's my point. What else are they going to do to passengers that could even more restict them from the outside of the plane?

Why is it so difficult to consider that if in fact the story is true, it's most likely one or more people connected with ground operations at one or more airports?

After all, those people get a lot less screening of any type {if any} and also have access to the planes.

Joe King
21st September 2011, 08:23 PM
APUs are used on a daily basis every time the aircraft is occupied and the main engines are off to run the HVAC, lights, and other systems onboard. The APU is also used to start the main engines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxiliary_power_unit#Function

Having a process which makes the writing appear only when the APU is creating heat on the skin indicates a high level of sophistication.That's why I was asking if they are always used every flight, because if they weren't, it would provide cover for whoever was doing it if they knew a particular plane would not be using it that flight.
That way someone could paint the stuff on and be assured that it wouldn't be discovered until the plane had been through at least one more airport.
...but I guess that doesn't apply if they're always used. Oh well, just thinkin'.

Also, who would have access to so many aircraft to pull this off? It's unlikely to be happening in multiple locations imo.A maintenance facility maybe?

Or who knows, maybe it is something designed to scare.

I'd love to see a picture of what they're talking about.

Celtic Rogue
22nd September 2011, 03:21 AM
I'd love to see a picture of what they're talking about.

Yeah... I am sort of confused of what they are saying it is.

gunDriller
22nd September 2011, 06:12 AM
it's either totally real and masterminded by idiots (doubtful), or completely over the top false flagging. i mean, really? arabic marks underneath planes? who would believe this?

200 million gullible Americans & their European & Asian counterparts.

next thing you know, the US gov. will be telling us that the Scary Muslims have RPG's designed to home in on Egyptian hieroglyphics.

then Tom Clancy will write a novel about it.