PDA

View Full Version : Roll over Einstein: Law of physics challenged

osoab
22nd September 2011, 04:13 PM
Roll over Einstein: Law of physics challenged (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_BREAKING_LIGHT_SPEED?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

GENEVA (AP) -- One of the very pillars of physics and Einstein's theory of relativity - that nothing can go faster than the speed of light - was rocked Thursday by new findings from one of the world's foremost laboratories.
European researchers said they clocked an oddball type of subatomic particle called a neutrino going faster than the 186,282 miles per second that has long been considered the cosmic speed limit.

The claim was met with skepticism, with one outside physicist calling it the equivalent of saying you have a flying carpet. In fact, the researchers themselves are not ready to proclaim a discovery and are asking other physicists to independently try to verify their findings.

"The feeling that most people have is this can't be right, this can't be real," said James Gillies, a spokesman for the European Organization for Nuclear Research, or CERN, which provided the particle accelerator that sent neutrinos on their breakneck 454-mile trip underground from Geneva to Italy.

Going faster than light is something that is just not supposed to happen according to Einstein's 1905 special theory of relativity - the one made famous by the equation E equals mc2. But no one is rushing out to rewrite the science books just yet.

It is "a revolutionary discovery if confirmed," said Indiana University theoretical physicist Alan Kostelecky, who has worked on this concept for a quarter of a century.

Stephen Parke, who is head theoretician at the Fermilab near Chicago and was not part of the research, said: "It's a shock. It's going to cause us problems, no doubt about that - if it's true."

Even if these results are confirmed, they won't change at all the way we live or the way the world works. After all, these particles have presumably been speed demons for billions of years. But the finding will fundamentally alter our understanding of how the universe operates, physicists said.

Einstein's special relativity theory, which says that energy equals mass times the speed of light squared, underlies "pretty much everything in modern physics," said John Ellis, a theoretical physicist at CERN who was not involved in the experiment. "It has worked perfectly up until now."

France's National Institute for Nuclear and Particle Physics Research collaborated with Italy's Gran Sasso National Laboratory on the experiment at CERN.
CERN reported that a neutrino beam fired from a particle accelerator near Geneva to a lab 454 miles (730 kilometers) away in Italy traveled 60 nanoseconds faster than the speed of light. Scientists calculated the margin of error at just 10 nanoseconds. (A nanosecond is one-billionth of a second.)

Given the enormous implications of the find, the researchers spent months checking and rechecking their results to make sure there were no flaws in the experiment.

A team at Fermilab had similar faster-than-light results in 2007, but a large margin of error undercut its scientific significance.

If anything is going to throw a cosmic twist into Einstein's theories, it's not surprising that it's the strange particles known as neutrinos. These are odd slivers of an atom that have confounded physicists for about 80 years.

The neutrino has almost no mass, comes in three different "flavors," may have its own antiparticle and has been seen shifting from one flavor to another while shooting out from our sun, said physicist Phillip Schewe, communications director at the Joint Quantum Institute in Maryland.

Columbia University physicist Brian Greene, author of the book "Fabric of the Cosmos," said neutrinos theoretically can travel at different speeds depending on how much energy they have. And some mysterious particles whose existence is still only theorized could be similarly speedy, he said.

Fermilab team spokeswoman Jenny Thomas, a physics professor at the University College of London, said there must be a "more mundane explanation" for the European findings. She said Fermilab's experience showed how hard it is to measure accurately the distance, time and angles required for such a claim.
Nevertheless, Fermilab, which shoots neutrinos from Chicago to Minnesota, has already begun working to try to verify or knock down the new findings.
And that's exactly what the team in Geneva wants.

Gillies told The Associated Press that the readings have so astounded researchers that "they are inviting the broader physics community to look at what they've done and really scrutinize it in great detail, and ideally for someone elsewhere in the world to repeat the measurements."

Only two labs elsewhere in the world can try to replicate the work: Fermilab and a Japanese installation that has been slowed by the tsunami and earthquake. And Fermilab's measuring systems aren't nearly as precise as the Europeans' and won't be upgraded for a while, said Fermilab scientist Rob Plunkett.

Drew Baden, chairman of the physics department at the University of Maryland, said it is far more likely that the CERN findings are the result of measurement errors or some kind of fluke. Tracking neutrinos is very difficult, he said.
"This is ridiculous what they're putting out," Baden said. "Until this is verified by another group, it's flying carpets. It's cool, but ..."

So if the neutrinos are pulling this fast one on Einstein, how can it happen?
Parke said there could be a cosmic shortcut through another dimension - physics theory is full of unseen dimensions - that allows the neutrinos to beat the speed of light.

Indiana's Kostelecky theorizes that there are situations when the background is different in the universe, not perfectly symmetrical as Einstein says. Those changes in background may alter both the speed of light and the speed of neutrinos.

But that doesn't mean Einstein's theory is ready for the trash heap, he said.
"I don't think you're going to ever kill Einstein's theory. You can't. It works," Kostelecky said. There are just times when an additional explanation is needed, he said.

If the European findings are correct, "this would change the idea of how the universe is put together," Columbia's Greene said. But he added: "I would bet just about everything I hold dear that this won't hold up to scrutiny."

Dogman
22nd September 2011, 04:52 PM
Just for a note..

need to look into this,but think , false flag bull shit , from the jew haters.

steyr_m
22nd September 2011, 07:54 PM
Einstein's theories will go on just like the 6 million. Facts don't matter. It'll be squashed one way or another.

steyr_m
22nd September 2011, 07:57 PM
Just for a note..

need to look into this,but think , false flag bull shit , from the jew haters.

For the record, I don't hate Jewish people. I do not like "We are the master race" Zionists.

Joe King
22nd September 2011, 09:30 PM
Why can't something go faster than the speed of light anyways? I understand the theory, but it's still just a theory.

Didn't people also used to believe you couldn't go faster than the speed of sound too? All it took to do so was the correct equipment. I don't see why the speed of light should really be any different.

Although it could be, I suppose. Just gotta make a rod that can go that fast and then go find out.

undgrd
23rd September 2011, 05:04 AM
We don't know what we don't know. That's enough for me to believe that ANYTHING is possible.

osoab
23rd September 2011, 06:02 AM
What would happen if you were standing in front of that neutrino beam?

Joe King
23rd September 2011, 06:11 AM
What would happen if you were standing in front of that neutrino beam?
I dunno. http://www.dirtbikerejects.com/images/smilies/smiley_shrug.gif

Wanna be a guinea pig? :D

keehah
23rd September 2011, 06:13 AM
Unfortunately the MSM only allows stupid sociopaths half ways pretending to know science to report on science. It makes for crappy science reporting, but more importantly ensures the masses are kept stupid pretending smart.

Nothing can go faster than the speed of light at the same frequency or lower than light's.

'Einstien', as sold the the masses, successfully occulted frequencies higher than light's (photon's) even though Einstien himself admitted they have to exist.

Glass
10th February 2016, 05:51 PM
All of Einstiens theory of relativity has been proven except this one about to be proven this week.

This is an old thread and the latest Einstien news could go into a new thread BUT I just read Kehahs post and it quite simply nails it. Note closely the bold and underlined.

Unfortunately the MSM only allows stupid sociopaths half ways pretending to know science to report on science. It makes for crappy science reporting, but more importantly ensures the masses are kept stupid pretending smart.

Nothing can go faster than the speed of light at the same frequency or lower than light's.

'Einstien', as sold the the masses, successfully occulted frequencies higher than light's (photon's) even though Einstien himself admitted they have to exist.

So From the article.

Every single prediction from Einstein's 1915 theory has been proven by direct experimental evidence - except one: the existence of gravitational waves.

Nice little fantasy picture.... very common product from modern science. imagination.
http://www.theage.com.au/content/dam/images/g/m/r/0/4/3/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.gmqysz.png/1455152998132.jpg

We could be just hours away from their confirmation.
Their discovery could open up a new branch of astronomy and help us in the search for a grand unified theory of matter.
A joint press conference in Europe and the US at 2.30am AEST on Friday by scientists from the LIGO experiment in the US will issue "an update on these tiny ripples in the fabric of space-time".

If it is direct confirmation of their existence, it's kind of a big deal.
Every Star Trek or Doctor Who enthusiast will have heard of space-time - the very fabric of our universe.
Einstein's theory upended Newton's understanding of gravity by showing that matter and time were inextricably linked. Rather than gravity being an instantaneous attraction between objects across infinite space, Einstein showed that space-time was the four-dimensional structure of the universe whereby matter, energy and gravity were all mediated through space-time, with interactions limited to no faster than the speed of light.

Gravitational waves are an inevitable conclusion drawn from this theory.

So again, the limit is the speed of light. Nothing can go faster, even though there are faster things???

Read the article and you might conclude it's a total crock. Apparently they are going to measure a gravity wave based upon it's lengthening affect upon one leg of their L shaped Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory.

Basically they are expecting one leg of their Observatory to increase in length because of the affect of GW's. How long will this increase in size be?

Wait for it. 10,000 times less than the smallest width of a proton. And this will prove grav waves?

from the The Age (http://www.theage.com.au/technology/sci-tech/gravitational-waves-discovery-would-open-up-new-world-of-science-20160210-gmqysz.html)

cheka.
10th February 2016, 07:32 PM
listened to einstein expert on rense -- he said ein is total fraud - one of the many hoaxes from same group. interview is on that website that was posted on here a few months ago - mami's shit alternative

edit: this site, listened to it today --- http://helpfultidbits.jimdo.com/

palani
11th February 2016, 04:23 AM
the limit is the speed of light. Nothing can go faster, even though there are faster things???

Now take an electron. It circles an atom is a specific orbit based upon its energy level. If the energy is increased or decreased it either jumps to the next outer shell orbit or an inner orbit (from where it presently is).

The thing is there is no transition. One instant it is in one shell and the next instant it is somewhere else.

This model might be useful to describe some aspect of a process but it is not a complete and total truth. As it stands the theory is simply useful until a more useful theory presents itself.

Electrical engineers use a concept called a Dirac Delta function. Take something at zero amplitude and at a certain time it jumps directly to an amplitude of one. No transition time. Such a function contains all frequencies from DC to many gigahertz so the Dirac Delta presented to a filter does a decent job showing what frequencies the filter is effective on (perform convolution on the output of the filter).

In mathematics such a Dirac Delta function is not possible. If you take the derivative of the function you end up with a spike of infinite amplitude and zero width. When you integrate the derivative you calculate an area of one. It is a number divided by zero and mathematicians get confused by considering such a singularity.

Neuro
11th February 2016, 05:09 AM
Now take an electron. It circles an atom is a specific orbit based upon its energy level. If the energy is increased or decreased it either jumps to the next outer shell orbit or an inner orbit (from where it presently is).

The thing is there is no transition. One instant it is in one shell and the next instant it is somewhere else.

I thought this sounded interesting so I googled it. According to Wikipedia there is a transition time (of a few nanoseconds or less), which would mean IMO there is a transition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_electron_transition

palani
11th February 2016, 05:13 AM
I thought this sounded interesting so I googled it. According to Wikipedia there is a transition time (of a few nanoseconds or less), which would mean IMO there is a transition.

A transition time would imply that an electron exists outside of a valid shell in the process of going from one shell to another. Shell theory does not permit this.

Neuro
11th February 2016, 05:18 AM
A transition time would imply that an electron exists outside of a valid shell in the process of going from one shell to another. Shell theory does not permit this.
Maybe shell theory isn't correct then...

palani
11th February 2016, 05:20 AM
Maybe shell theory isn't correct then...
That is my point. A model is useful for certain things but there comes a point where the model itself breaks down and you have to come up with a new theory.

Glass
11th February 2016, 03:12 PM
interesting conversation, I want to say "fellas" but anyway.

I have commented a couple times about the thoughts of Bruce Cathie, not a scientist but a thinker, theoriser about the behaviour of electrons.

Taking into account this was in the late '60's early 70's. hopefully I get this right. He was positing on why the electron seemed to disappear at some point in their rotation only to appear some 270 degrees either further around than expected or less than expected. I think it was more.

He surmised that for that period of time the electron was in the anti matter state. Astrophysiscts might say it was in another dimension for part of that time.

That period of time would be the transition period you are talking about. So I wonder if there is something in those thoughts. Seems possible.

The shell model would need to have an additional time period sliced into it even though it is a very small time slice. At least on our side. Who knows on the other.

Shami-Amourae
11th February 2016, 03:37 PM
listened to einstein expert on rense -- he said ein is total fraud - one of the many hoaxes from same group. interview is on that website that was posted on here a few months ago - mami's shit alternative

edit: this site, listened to it today --- http://helpfultidbits.jimdo.com/

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Einstein

Upon graduating with no academic merits, Al was once again unemployed and a burden to his poor Jewish (https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Oxymoron) family. Unfortunately, someone at some patent office pitied him and gave him a job. By stealing the ideas of Hendrik Lorentz, Michele Besso, Max Planck, Paul Ehrenfest, Konrad Habricht, Maurice Solovine, Friedrich Adler, Henri Poincaré and countless patent writers, he was able to convince the scientific community that he was smart.

Through the ideas he "borrowed" from others, Al invented The Godwin Variation (https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Godwin%27s_Law#The_Godwin_Variation), nightlights, the A-Bomb (which he named after himself), cats and chalk. He also created the General Theory of Relativity, a theory bent on establishing his own genius and the possibility that he is right, regardless of the mindfucks his math creates. The theory asserts that when an object is moving really fast, it is actually moving really slow. This and other concepts created by Relativity are in direct conflict with at least 100 other theories from at least 100 years ago (https://encyclopediadramatica.se/At_least_100_years_ago), one could say that Albert Einstein was a predecessor of ED's concept. He was also executive producer of The Nanny, even though Fran Drescher is a Jew.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran_Drescher#Biography)

Horn
11th February 2016, 05:04 PM
my estimation is that even if they did have a way to measure a proton that might prove einstein firstly.

or it would have a tolerance error of 2 protons.

Neuro
12th February 2016, 02:15 AM
interesting conversation, I want to say "fellas" but anyway.

I have commented a couple times about the thoughts of Bruce Cathie, not a scientist but a thinker, theoriser about the behaviour of electrons.

Taking into account this was in the late '60's early 70's. hopefully I get this right. He was positing on why the electron seemed to disappear at some point in their rotation only to appear some 270 degrees either further around than expected or less than expected. I think it was more.

He surmised that for that period of time the electron was in the anti matter state. Astrophysiscts might say it was in another dimension for part of that time.

That period of time would be the transition period you are talking about. So I wonder if there is something in those thoughts. Seems possible.

The shell model would need to have an additional time period sliced into it even though it is a very small time slice. At least on our side. Who knows on the other.
That is a possibility I suppose, when it goes from one shell to another, it isn't in between shells, it is somewhere else, or it is transformed into some form of invisible energy packet and then it is reformed to an electron when it reaches its destination shell... Shell theory intact with transition time accounted for...

PatColo
25th February 2016, 05:36 PM
Red Ice, 2 segments, about 1hr 20m each:

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Red Ice Radio 02/22/16: Christopher Jon Bjerknes - Albert Einstein: The Myth, the Plagiarist & the Zionist

(http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2016/02/RIR-160222.php)
http://d1g9mvx2740ib8.cloudfront.net/images/programs/1863.jpg?v=3 (http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2016/02/RIR-160222.php)

(http://d1g9mvx2740ib8.cloudfront.net/images/programs/1863.jpg?v=3)

Christopher Jon Bjerknes is a writer and researcher who has published numerous books and articles on the history of the theory of relativity, Einstein, Zionism and the Armenian Genocide. “Albert Einstein: The Incorrigible Plagiarist” and “Mileva Einstein-Marity: Einstein’s Partner in Crime” are among Bjerknes’ most controversial works. In the first half, Christopher describes the evidence pointing to Albert Einstein's plagiarism of Hendrik Lorentz and countless other physicists in his development of the theory of relativity.

He talks about Einstein the Zionist and the “Einstein Terror” – a Semitic method of suppression that was used to literally terrorize and imprison anyone who dared question the dogma of Einstein. We get into Einstein’s soured reputation in Germany and the big hype surrounding his arrival in New York City, where he relocated in order to specifically promote Zionism.

More at http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2016/02/RIR-160222.php

Download Hour 1 (https://ia601503.us.archive.org/33/items/ChristopherJonBjerknesAlbertEinsteinTheMythThePlag iaristTheZionistHour1/Christopher%20Jon%20Bjerknes%20-%20Albert%20Einstein_%20The%20Myth,%20the%20Plagia rist%20&%20the%20Zionist%20-%20Hour%201.mp3)
Download Hour 2 (https://ia601502.us.archive.org/22/items/ChristopherJonBjerknesAlbertEinsteinTheMythThePlag iaristTheZionistHour2/Christopher%20Jon%20Bjerknes%20-%20Albert%20Einstein_%20The%20Myth,%20the%20Plagia rist%20&%20the%20Zionist%20-%20Hour%202.mp3)

Posted by Scorpio (https://www.blogger.com/profile/13465540813262346914) at 3:21 PM 13 comments: (https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5440450620561193447&postID=8195541133213604208)