PDA

View Full Version : Robitussin Cough Gels

Cebu_4_2
3rd October 2011, 09:21 AM
What would say a teenager want 6 packs of 20 of these things for?

Just askin. :confused:

midnight rambler
3rd October 2011, 09:27 AM
To get loaded because it's a synthetic morphine derivative?

woodman
3rd October 2011, 09:35 AM
Dextromethorphan can provide other-worldly experiences.
I don't care for heavy doses because it gives me twisted,
Disturbing dreams.

gunDriller
3rd October 2011, 09:36 AM

i think it's called Robo-Tripping.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
3rd October 2011, 09:53 AM
It's a dissociative which gives the user a legal high. Not a very fun one though.

chad
3rd October 2011, 09:54 AM
i did it once in college on a dare. horrible. you basically have a high for 4 minutes then you pass out/puke.

Cebu_4_2
3rd October 2011, 11:14 AM
Not the answer I had hoped. I think it's time someone cuts access off.

Thanks tho!

SLV^GLD
3rd October 2011, 12:11 PM
I used to love the stuff.

Cough gels are a good route because they avoid the syrups and other gunk. Most kids are too dumb to get the ones containing only DXM. These end up sick or hospitalized on the expectorants, phenyl neuretics and antihistamines.

"Smart" kids get the right syrup and extract the actives prior to ingestion.

The cough gels are good because dosage is easily determined, byproducts avoided. The gels are made of polyethylene glycol which can be overdosed but unlikely with the number of cough gels that get you to where you want to be. PEG can allegedly potentiate the trip.

In my day we could access pure powder online and it was a dream. 30% of people hate the trip. 30% of people don't hate it but won't repeat it. 30% are like me and it's practically heroin without the hooks.

Gaillo
3rd October 2011, 01:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextromethorphan

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Dextromethorphan-from-xtal-3D-balls-A.png

Dextromethorphan (DXM or DM) is an antitussive (cough suppressant) drug. It is one of the active ingredients in many over-the-counter cold and cough medicines, such as Robitussin, NyQuil, Dimetapp, Vicks, Coricidin, Delsym, and others, including generic labels. Dextromethorphan has also found other uses in medicine, ranging from pain relief to psychological applications. It is sold in syrup, tablet, spray, and lozenge forms. In its pure form, dextromethorphan occurs as a white powder.[2]
DXM is also used recreationally. When exceeding label-specified maximum dosages, dextromethorphan acts as a dissociative hallucinogen. Its mechanism of action is via multiple effects, including actions as a nonselective serotonin reuptake inhibitor[3] and a sigma-1 receptor[4][5] agonist and the action of its major metabolite dextrorphan as an NMDA receptor antagonist, producing effects similar to those of the controlled substances ketamine and phencyclidine (PCP),[6] as well as the active metabolite 3-methoxymorphinan which produces local anesthetic effects in rats with a potency above dextrorphan but below dextromethorphan itself.[7]

Tried it in my youth, definitely NOT my kind of trip.

big country
3rd October 2011, 01:34 PM
geez, with the drug and alcohol abuse going on with the members of this forum I'm starting to think I'm part of some 420 forum instead of gold/silver.

I've never had any sort of high/trip due to a drug...and only drink alcohol occasionally...I must be in the minority around here.

horseshoe3
3rd October 2011, 01:42 PM
geez, with the drug and alcohol abuse going on with the members of this forum I'm starting to think I'm part of some 420 forum instead of gold/silver.

I've never had any sort of high/trip due to a drug...and only drink alcohol occasionally...I must be in the minority around here.

Same here. But it is interesting to get the info on various drugs from rational people who have tried them and are willing to share. As opposed to the opposite extremes of the DARE cop with his scare tactics or the gutter trash who never met a drug he didn't like.

Celtic Rogue
3rd October 2011, 01:44 PM

Actually alcohol is a drug also. 8-)

Buddha
3rd October 2011, 01:47 PM

This is a gold/silver forum?

Cebu_4_2
3rd October 2011, 01:47 PM
Naw it's about some asshats son prepping with the shit. I heard the kid says "it's for a friend" somehow that still makes me uneasy.

MNeagle
3rd October 2011, 01:52 PM
I'm guessing you have to be over 18 & provide an ID to purchase?

Golden
3rd October 2011, 02:08 PM
Vaporizing is cough suppressant. Just sayin.

woodman
3rd October 2011, 02:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextromethorphan

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Dextromethorphan-from-xtal-3D-balls-A.png

Tried it in my youth, definitely NOT my kind of trip.

Reality is for those who can't handle drugs.

All kidding aside, dextromethorphan is a very usefull drug and should be included in preps. It is a potent sleep aid when taken as in the prepared night time cough medicine (Nyquill) or the robotussin syrup with a shot of whiskey. Same difference. It can be be fun to 'fight the nod'. I keep buying bottles of Robotussin and occasionally use it when needed but someone, I think one of the grand daughters, keeps getting into it. They think I don't notice these things.

Cebu_4_2
3rd October 2011, 02:32 PM
I'm guessing you have to be over 18 & provide an ID to purchase?

Ahhh yeah... remember this kid was taught how to work the system plus adult life experiences portrayed on how to get around certain aspects. I think I will have to tell my friend to stay comfortable with the "it's for a friend" thing for now.

Cebu_4_2
3rd October 2011, 02:35 PM
They think I don't notice these things.

Hahaha lol.... I'll never forget the day I went and looked and all my "tobacco" was gone 'cept a tiny trinket.

Santa
3rd October 2011, 05:42 PM
i did it once in college on a dare. horrible. you basically have a high for 4 minutes then you pass out/puke.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the perfect buzz for the Wall St. Protest I'll be hitting this coming weekend.

woodman
3rd October 2011, 07:11 PM
Hahaha lol.... I'll never forget the day I went and looked and all my "tobacco" was gone 'cept a tiny trinket.

Yeah, my tobacco has gone missing too. A long and prolonged depradation but no biggie, I'm sure I deserved it for the way I was when I was a teenager. I drank plenty of my parents Martini makings.

Buddha
6th October 2011, 03:01 AM
Ok, trying it out now, eating something first. Apparently there are various "plateaus"

A document entitled "The DXM FAQ," by William E. White, classified dextromethorphan's high-dose effects into four or five plateaus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plateau), each defined by a dosing range. The dosages are specified in ratios of milligrams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milligram) (of the drug) per kilogram (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilogram) (of one's body mass). Doses are experientially, not scientifically derived. According to the FAQ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAQ), the plateaus occur as follows:[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recreational_use_of_dextromethorphan#cite_note-10)

First plateau: At a dosage of 1.5 to 2.5 mg/kg, effects include alertness, restlessness, increased heartbeat, increased body temperature, intensification of emotions, euphoria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphoria), loss of balance, and slight intoxication.
Second plateau: At 2.5 to 7.5 mg/kg, effects are similar to the first plateau, but with heavier intoxication, choppy sensory input, a dreamlike state of consciousness, some detachment from outside world, and closed-eye hallucinations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination).
Third plateau: At 7.5 to 15.0 mg/kg, effects include flanging of visual effects, difficulty recognizing people or objects, chaotic blindness, dreamlike vision, inability to comprehend language, abstract hallucinations, delayed reaction time, decision making impairment, feelings of peace and quiet, near complete loss of motor coordination, short-term memory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-term_memory) impairment, and/or feelings of rebirth.
Fourth plateau: At 15.0 mg/kg or more, an individual may experience a perceived loss of contact and control with their own body, changes in visual perception, out-of-body experiences (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience), perceptions of contact with "superior" beings, other miscellaneous delusions, lack of movement or desire to move, rapid heart rate, complete blindness, increased hearing, and intensification of third plateau effects.
Plateau Sigma: 2.5-7.5 mg/kg every three hours for 9–12 hours; occurs by prolonging dosage. Plateau sigma is marked by the presence of psychosis with visual and auditory hallucinations. Users have reported that inclinations manifest as auditory hallucinations; rather than simply feeling tired and sitting down, a user might hear a voice saying, "sit down now, you're tired," and feel inclined to obey. White says that of all the reports of Plateau Sigma experiences he received, over half were described as unpleasant.

I would like to shoot for the second, third maybe. I'm not sure if I feel like being reborn this morning :P

Edit: fuck it the higher the better.

Buddha
6th October 2011, 03:25 AM
Ok, got her down split the third in half 11.25mg/kg

Buddha
6th October 2011, 03:47 AM
I just feel kinda drunk, if this doesn't get better I'm going to bed.

Neuro
6th October 2011, 04:07 AM
I just feel kinda drunk, if this doesn't get better I'm going to bed.

Go to bed! You are kinda drunk!

;D

Buddha
6th October 2011, 04:10 AM
Go to bed! You are kinda drunk!

;D
LOL feelin kinda.... wormy.... I can tell I'll have some good dreams

God damnit uncle Dolan im giving a play by play, don't you dare give me good advice. :D

Buddha
6th October 2011, 04:25 AM
Ok, GSUSers, dont try this shit. Third plateau my ass. i feel like I'm floating around my apartment, and I want some eggs, cigarettes taste good, so does OJ, they do anyway. so what the fuck. good night.

I'm still using spellcheck, rebirth my ass. How about i get born into a free fucking world, find me a drug for that.

Cebu_4_2
6th October 2011, 04:46 AM
Keep updating, interesting. did you puke yet? Smokes and OJ yum.

SLV^GLD
6th October 2011, 05:51 AM
It's a dissociative anesthetic, feeling woozy and like you are floating around the room are directly in line with this sort of compound. Walking should prove difficult but can be achieved to great enjoyment with practice.
My favorite effect was seeing through my eyelids and the very real sense that I could astrally project.
IIRC, my favorite dosage was in the 800-900mg range. It's probably been about 10 years since I last tripped on the stuff. I spend all my days sober now.

Buddha
6th October 2011, 06:26 AM
Ok, it's all over. I felt as though I was leaving my body, hence the floating around the apartment thing. I got up to walk, whoa, i felt as though I was outside of myself, pushing my self to walk, sort of like those puppets on the strings that are controlled from above, except I felt as though i was behind myself. Everything was VERY wavy. I laid down on the bed for a second and had some mild visual hallucinations, I was seeing things out of the corners of my eyes, and the walls in spots looked wavy, wavy like when you see something crawling under someones skin in movies, like water ripples from something moving just beneath. Then I threw up in the toilet. Now I'm feeling pretty normal.

SLV^GLD
6th October 2011, 06:33 AM
You described a light third plateau trip. I'm surprised throwing up sobered you so quickly, typically, if you're going to throw up it will occur at early onset and once done your set for a good time. Maybe the pills were all just opening up and you tossed a good amount of actives. Sounds like you are in the 30% who didn't hate it but won't repeat it.

Buddha
6th October 2011, 06:40 AM
You described a light third plateau trip. I'm surprised throwing up sobered you so quickly, typically, if you're going to throw up it will occur at early onset and once done your set for a good time. Maybe the pills were all just opening up and you tossed a good amount of actives. Sounds like you are in the 30% who didn't hate it but won't repeat it.

I actually drank the liquid, 4oz bottles. I was surprised too that I sobered up so quickly. Before "losing it" I sat on the toilet for a second and closed my eyes trying to relax and keep it down, that's when I experienced kind of what you mentioned about seeing through your eyelids, very weird. I saw wavy images/out lines of my surroundings. I actually only took slightly less than half of what I bought. I like to try something once to see what it will do, then try it a second time knowing more of what to expect.

Looking back, it wasn't that bad, just, weird. Didn't know what to expect. I should have eaten more before hand, I was already hungry before I took the liquid, which was only exacerbated afterwards to the point of nausea.

Might not try again, just save the rest for an actual cold, we'll see.

k-os
6th October 2011, 06:59 AM
Ok, it's all over. I felt as though I was leaving my body, hence the floating around the apartment thing. I got up to walk, whoa, i felt as though I was outside of myself, pushing my self to walk, sort of like those puppets on the strings that are controlled from above, except I felt as though i was behind myself. Everything was VERY wavy. I laid down on the bed for a second and had some mild visual hallucinations, I was seeing things out of the corners of my eyes, and the walls in spots looked wavy, wavy like when you see something crawling under someones skin in movies, like water ripples from something moving just beneath. Then I threw up in the toilet. Now I'm feeling pretty normal.

This is what it felt like when I did it (by accident). I felt like my legs were floating when I was walking. The puppet thing is an awesome analogy! My legs were lighter than usual when I walked, so puppet strings make sense.

A few years ago I was really sick at work. One of my coworkers recommended Robitussin, and I had never used that brand before. All that mattered to me at the time is that it wouldn't induce sleep. So I bought some, brought it to my desk and took a couple of swigs (not reading the directions at all). I figured it was just like Dayquil. I had no idea.

What I remember is my body being really light, being confused and giggly, and having cold sweats. I haven't done it again (on purpose or accident) so I guess I didn't like it all that much.

Buddha
6th October 2011, 07:05 AM
This is what it felt like when I did it (by accident). I felt like my legs were floating when I was walking. The puppet thing is an awesome analogy! My legs were lighter than usual when I walked, so puppet strings make sense.

A few years ago I was really sick at work. One of my coworkers recommended Robitussin, and I had never used that brand before. All that mattered to me at the time is that it wouldn't induce sleep. So I bought some, brought it to my desk and took a couple of swigs (not reading the directions at all). I figured it was just like Dayquil. I had no idea.

What I remember is my body being really light, being confused and giggly, and having cold sweats. I haven't done it again (on purpose or accident) so I guess I didn't like it all that much.

An accidental at work trip, awesome. ;D

Twisted Titan
6th October 2011, 07:58 AM
you guys are some of the craziest cats out there

This jams for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0dmPKYJiB8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Gaillo
6th October 2011, 12:58 PM
Buddha... nice report! Particularly enjoyed the "free world drug" part! ;D

Nice CUT too. You definitely EARNED it! ;)

P.S. Like I said, definitely NOT my kind of trip. For dissociative hallucinogenics, give me 'shrooms over that stuff any day... if I'm going to puke, I want it to be WORTH it! ;D

SLV^GLD
6th October 2011, 01:02 PM
Drinking syrup is a tough route; guaranteed nausea and the sugar affects the trip for the duration. IIRC it is HFCS to boot.
The softgels are the way to go for OTC with no additional work required. The syrup is the way to go for OTC extractions.

nunaem
6th October 2011, 01:15 PM
I must be the lightweight here. The only meds I've used for their side effects have been bronchodilators.

TomD
6th October 2011, 02:12 PM

Oh, pretty much the same thing a teenager wanted with a case of beer when I was young.

Buddha
6th October 2011, 03:22 PM
Buddha... nice report! Particularly enjoyed the "free world drug" part! ;D

Nice CUT too. You definitely EARNED it! ;)

P.S. Like I said, definitely NOT my kind of trip. For dissociative hallucinogenics, give me 'shrooms over that stuff any day... if I'm going to puke, I want it to be WORTH it! ;D

yeah, I'd thought I'd give it a go, never tried it before and was off today.

OMG A CUT! It took me a second to figure out wtf you were talking about. A CUT! Thank you General Gaillo, may your glory know no bounds.

Buddha
6th October 2011, 03:30 PM
Drinking syrup is a tough route; guaranteed nausea and the sugar affects the trip for the duration. IIRC it is HFCS to boot.
The softgels are the way to go for OTC with no additional work required. The syrup is the way to go for OTC extractions.

Yes, it has HFCS. On a pleasant note, I ate bananas beforehand, so when I tossed it tasted like a banana/cherry smoothie.

Cebu_4_2
6th October 2011, 03:55 PM
What's "cut"? Im old.

k-os
6th October 2011, 04:39 PM
What's "cut"? Im old.

You have one, you old fart! :)

So do I!

It's a Custom User Title.

JJ.G0ldD0t
6th October 2011, 04:52 PM
LOL yer crazy Buddha

I OD'd on benadryl once - while driving.. Yeah that was not a good day.