PDA

View Full Version : Italian Worshiper Tears Both Eyes Out at Mass

Serpo
3rd October 2011, 03:32 PM
An Italian man tore both of his eyes out in the middle of the priest's homily at a church near Pisa, according to reports.
Fellow parishioners watched in horror as Aldo Bianchini, 46, used his bare hands to pull out both eyeballs. Bianchini later told surgeons, who were unable to save his vision, he heard voices that told him to do it.
"He was in a great deal of agony and he was covered in blood," Dr. Gino Barbacci told the Daily Mail. "He said that he had used his bare hands to gouge out his eye balls after hearing voices telling him to do so - to do something like that requires super human strength."
Father Lorenzo Tanganelli said he had just launched into his sermon when he saw a commotion in the back of the church, according to the Italian paper Corriere Fiorentino.
"This man at the back of the knave started tearing at his face and I realized he was gouging out his eyes," Tanganelli told the paper. "I called for assistance and the paramedics were quickly at the scene and he was taken away and then I carried on celebrating Mass but a lot of people had left because they were so shocked by what they had seen."
The Bible's Gospel of St. Matthew quotes Jesus telling his disciples: 'If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Italian-Worshiper-Tears-Both-Eyes-Out-as-Mass-130966548.html

Horn
3rd October 2011, 03:39 PM
Think maybe he'd just gone for one to see if the voices were satisfied, but both?

Gaillo
3rd October 2011, 03:40 PM
I don't know whether to use this opportunity to comment on Italians, or religion.

Better yet... I'll bow out of this thread and avoid the whole mess all together! ;D

solid
3rd October 2011, 03:42 PM
Think maybe he'd just gone for one to see if the voices were satisfied, but both?

According to the Bible St. Mathew, he should have just gone for the right eye. Perhaps, he confused his left and his right...

I'm trying to understand why this article says you need superhuman strength to do something like that. It seems to me it wouldn't take any strength at all, eyes are very fragile.

Serpo
3rd October 2011, 03:42 PM
I don't know whether to use this opportunity to comment on Italians, or religion.

Better yet... I'll bow out of this thread and avoid the whole mess all together! ;D

Too late........

Cebu_4_2
3rd October 2011, 03:49 PM
I'm trying to quit.

Gaillo
3rd October 2011, 03:49 PM
Too late........

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LACBF8dJ-uo/TEM8Jv8JmqI/AAAAAAAAAHU/vyfzyyzkYEo/s1600/homer_doh.jpg

vacuum
3rd October 2011, 03:50 PM
Fingers are so big, and eye sockets are so small. It must have been a huge mess if he actually managed to get them out.

Cebu_4_2
3rd October 2011, 03:52 PM
Perhaps someone had a cell cam to document it on jewtube?

ximmy
3rd October 2011, 03:58 PM
Perhaps someone had a cell cam to document it on jewtube?

It would be nice to have a video copy of this...

Serpo
3rd October 2011, 04:17 PM
Fingers are so big, and eye sockets are so small. It must have been a huge mess if he actually managed to get them out.
Well he could see what he was doing at the start......

freespirit
3rd October 2011, 04:26 PM
so the priest continued with mass?? wow!

osoab
3rd October 2011, 04:36 PM

The show must go on.

Serpo
3rd October 2011, 04:37 PM

Nothing and I mean nothing interferes with the word of God.......8)

gunDriller
3rd October 2011, 04:41 PM

reminds me of cocktail olives.

all he needed was 2 toothpicks and a gin and tonic.

ximmy
3rd October 2011, 04:51 PM
I had a passing thought to do that when I was younger...
http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1212&d=1317685848

Horn
3rd October 2011, 07:19 PM
What a bizarre cartoon, is that your work?

Korbin Dallas
3rd October 2011, 08:31 PM
The article forgot to mention that it happened right after Lady Gaga showed up at the church dressed as a Nun.

Libertarian_Guard
3rd October 2011, 09:12 PM

Speculating about the subject matter, I am leaning towards ‘demonic possession’ but who knows?

Concerning the Italian people, I have nothing but respect for them and a very high respect at that. I’m not of Italian decent, but my ex-wife was 50% Italian, that being the better half. And I’ve visited Italy and had a great time. I noticed, without being able to speak the language, how social the people are, even children, I have not seen another society quite equal to them with the same level of sincere communication. It is something you have to see and hear to understand.

Gaillo
3rd October 2011, 11:25 PM
...Concerning the Italian people, I have nothing but respect for them and a very high respect at that. I’m not of Italian decent, but my ex-wife was 50% Italian, that being the better half. And I’ve visited Italy and had a great time. I noticed, without being able to speak the language, how social the people are, even children, I have not seen another society quite equal to them with the same level of sincere communication. It is something you have to see and hear to understand.

No worries... nothing here bad to say about Italians. One of my closest and longest lasting friendships is with an Italian.
I just never miss a chance to comment on their overall batshit craziness... nobody does crazy quite like Italians! ;D

Neuro
4th October 2011, 01:56 AM
No worries... nothing here bad to say about Italians. One of my closest and longest lasting friendships is with an Italian.
I just never miss a chance to comment on their overall batshit craziness... nobody does crazy quite like Italians! ;D
Not even the Swedes!

StreetsOfGold
4th October 2011, 10:23 AM
What most people fail to realize is that this verse is part of the sermon on the mount. Notice that this is IN the NEW testament but still DURING the OLD testament BEFORE Jesus Christ laid down his life for sinners. Also note that this verse is sandwiched in-between verses on adultry and so the context is in reference to AVOIDING adultry.

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

The verse(s) BEFORE

Matthew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

The verse(s) AFTER

Matthew 5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Thank God for the NEW testament in which we live today. Roman Catholics have a religion in which the form is OLD testament but couched in Baal worship WRONG on both accounts and very satanic. Any church service in which the true God, Jesus Christ is NOT present will unquestionably result in the most satanic behaviours in people and demonic possession.