PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Issues Another Warning on Erosion of Civil Liberties

Libertytree
6th October 2011, 08:06 AM
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/10/05/ron-paul-issues-another-warning-erosion-civil-liberties#ixzz1ZzmQgDrM

You're next.
That's the warning from Rep. Ron Paul (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/ron-paul.htm#r_src=ramp), who said Wednesday that killing U.S. citizens Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Kahn in Yemen without a fair trial is the start of a slippery slope.
“They asked me if it is an impeachable offense. It is,” he told an audience at the National Press Club. “I mean just ignoring the 5th amendment and assassinating an American citizen without due process? They won’t even tell us what the rules are -- oh, but he is a threat. Can you imagine being put on a list because you’re a threat? What’s going to happen when they come to the media what if the media becomes a threat? Or a professor becomes a threat, someday that could well happen, this is the way it works it’s called incrementalism.”
The GOP presidential candidate said he felt “very pleased” about the progress he’s made on the campaign trail, revealing to the audience he’d raised over $8 million dollars in the third quarter from 100,000 unique donors, putting him third behind Rick Perry’s $17 million and Mitt Romney (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/mitt-romney.htm#r_src=ramp)’s estimated $13-15 million.
Asked to compare his fundraising numbers to that of the frontrunner, Paul said, “If you raise 8 million, half as much, and you get it from small individual donors who are fervently engaged in campaigning for you, that's a lot different than getting money that…might have come for the other candidates from special interests. I don’t get that type of money, ”
His campaign was quick to point out that Ron Paul had five times the number of donors than Rick Perry in the third quarter.
"All donors are not equal, you know. I will take a much smaller donation with the enthusiasm of people who send me money," Paul added.
The Texas Congressman said that, in a few weeks, he plans to unveil a line-item proposal on how to cut $1 trillion from the federal budget
“We don't have a budgetary crisis, we have a crisis in our understanding about what the role of government ought to be. The budget is the symptom, the taxes are the symptom,” he said.

mick silver
6th October 2011, 08:11 AM
lock down is here ... whole familys will be wiped off the map if this is not stopped

Golden
6th October 2011, 08:20 AM
“We don't have a budgetary crisis, we have a crisis in our understanding about what the role of government ought to be. The budget is the symptom, the taxes are the symptom,” he said.

QFT

MNeagle
6th October 2011, 08:48 AM
I don’t get that type of money

Because it's not offered, or he won't accept it? Anyone know?

Libertytree
6th October 2011, 09:07 AM
Because it's not offered, or he won't accept it? Anyone know?

I think it's both MN, big corporate donations that most all of the other candidates thrive on and can be seen in their FEC reports.

Twisted Titan
6th October 2011, 12:18 PM
Civil Liberties have long been gone........just a hollowed out husk remains that the plebs think is liberty

Libertytree
6th October 2011, 02:30 PM
Civil Liberties have long been gone........just a hollowed out husk remains that the plebs think is liberty

The difference is TT is that we know and others know what the real deal is and we are what's left to defend them.

gunDriller
6th October 2011, 05:28 PM

we have the freedom to buy a blue iMac or a red iMac or a green iMac or a purple iMac.