PDA

View Full Version : just heard on the radio that california has banned open carry

chad
11th October 2011, 05:22 AM
did you guys have a rash of open carry people popping off and shooting innocent bystanders again? why would this have possibly been banned?

Awoke
11th October 2011, 05:39 AM
How the hell would banning Open Carry lower gun crime? The thugs that are shooting people are not walking around practicing Open Carry: They hide it in their waistband or wherever.

Anyhow, I didn;t even think Californians were allowed to own handguns anymore. That State is NWO central.

chad
11th October 2011, 05:45 AM
only thing i can figure is that the "i'm scared of guns" crows must have been getting pretty vocal. either that, or open carry was actually helping to lower crime so they had to get rid of it to reinforce the "we need more cops" mantra.

Awoke
11th October 2011, 05:47 AM
I think your second theory falls more in line with the plot.

BrewTech
11th October 2011, 06:02 AM
How the hell would banning Open Carry lower gun crime? The thugs that are shooting people are not walking around practicing Open Carry: They hide it in their waistband or wherever.

Anyhow, I didn;t even think Californians were allowed to own handguns anymore. That State is NWO central.

Owning guns here isn't the problem... having any way to effectively use them if necessary is what is restricted.

osoab
11th October 2011, 06:36 AM
They banned open carry of UNLOADED handguns. I think they will ban rocks next.

sirgonzo420
11th October 2011, 06:40 AM
They banned open carry of UNLOADED handguns. I think they will ban rocks next.

So? They should be LOADED anyway!

;D

(but yeah, more bullshit from California...)

Cebu_4_2
11th October 2011, 06:48 AM
Can not open carry in CA loaded. Can open carry unloaded though and with practice turn that 2 lb metal into a real weapon in like 2 seconds. Now banned, not a state of the union. CA is trying to set a president to the rest but most governors want to keep their cushy jobs so will repel it.

Awoke
11th October 2011, 06:49 AM
What are the Cali CCW laws?

Cebu_4_2
11th October 2011, 06:52 AM

Where? every state has it's own regulations of our amendment.

Awoke
11th October 2011, 07:02 AM
Does the state of California allow concealed carry, loaded or otherwise?

Olmstein
11th October 2011, 07:08 AM
Well, we can't just have people walking around with pistols on their hips, can we? What is this, the wild west?

On April 16, 2010, Arizona governor Jan Brewer signed into law a bill that legalizes the carrying of concealed firearms and other weapons in most places without a permit for adults over 21 years of age.

Wait, what? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Arizona)

chad
11th October 2011, 07:13 AM
i could be wrong, but i believe they have that fake type of concealed carry. they have it, but the chief of police or sheriff can deny it if they feel like it. so they just deny all of them.

Awoke
11th October 2011, 08:33 AM
Bastards.

Canada has no carry. Total bullshit.

Korbin Dallas
11th October 2011, 10:52 AM
Government prefers unarmed peasants.

Uncle Salty
11th October 2011, 11:20 AM
This is actually good news. Open carry is lame. Concealed carry is what people really want to do. This now will open up lawsuits against California's restrictive concealed carry laws ala the Heller case.

This is the first step to shall issue concealed carry in Cali, rather than may issue.

Cebu_4_2
11th October 2011, 11:28 AM
Sweet! We need that prospective here.

Awoke
12th October 2011, 10:09 AM
This is actually good news. Open carry is lame. Concealed carry is what people really want to do. This now will open up lawsuits against California's restrictive concealed carry laws ala the Heller case.

This is the first step to shall issue concealed carry in Cali, rather than may issue.

In the mean time, you all must walk around without protection. For years. The wheels turn slowly in that system.

Uncle Salty
12th October 2011, 10:28 AM
In the mean time, you all must walk around without protection. For years. The wheels turn slowly in that system.

No. We just can't legally protect ourselves.

Awoke
12th October 2011, 11:17 AM
My personal opinion on the matter is that people should be left to carry arms however they choose: Open or concealed.

The benefits of Open is that it there for all to see.
The benefits of Concealed is that it leaves things to other peoples imaginations, and they don't know what you have.

chad
12th October 2011, 11:19 AM
it would be fun to buy some of those realistic looking fake toy pistols and open carry them just to f with the police.

VX1
12th October 2011, 11:43 AM
it would be fun to buy some of those realistic looking fake toy pistols and open carry them just to f with the police.
Sure, but of course they have the real deal and other torture devices to F with you back, plus you know at this point, they have a variety of charges they can pull out of their ass to F you up real good. I bet they type "carrying fake weapon" in their patrol car computer, and it comes back with a dozen local, state, and federal "statue" suggestions to destroy someone on. Fun, fun, fun.

mick silver
12th October 2011, 12:56 PM
that one f up state . everyone here needs to leave that state before it becomes a law that you cannot leave . will the gang member stop carring there guns if not why would i

Awoke
13th October 2011, 07:53 AM

In Commida (Canada) TPTB have made even toy replicas a prohibited/contraban item. Even our toy airsoft guns must be made with clear plastic for thebody casting and the muzzle must have an orange tip. If I bought a toy airsoft Glock in the states and brought it across the border, I would be in possession of a prohibited "weapon", which is a FUCKING JOKE AND AN INSULT, but this country's gun laws are a joke and an insult already, so whatever.

Even this would be prohib in Canada, because the body is black and not clear, even though it has a bright orange muzzle:

http://topshotairsoft.com/library/Airsoft-Electric-Pistol-GLOCK17StyleAutoElectricPistol-JLS2011.jpg

This is "acceptable" in Commida

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bUwjgssJL.jpg

chad
13th October 2011, 08:12 AM
wow, it has to be clear? had no idea.

Cebu_4_2
13th October 2011, 09:22 AM
I have had both, the clear does not stand up to being loaded after a while (~month). The plastic breaks down and is useless, the black one has lasted 6x so far.

I have them for educational purposes, good for teaching cats and small children.

Joe King
13th October 2011, 11:21 PM
wow, it has to be clear? had no idea.DuH! Of course it has to be clear. How else could they see if it has bullets in it or not? lol

solid
13th October 2011, 11:46 PM

From my understanding (I could be wrong), it's based upon the county. My county, I have 0% chance of getting a CCW. However, some other counties you can get a CCW if you show proper reason for it. However, the 'grey' area, is if you have a CCW from a different county...can you carry in the counties that rule it by an iron fist. My understanding is NO. If you have a CCW, you can only carry in the county that you have the CCW in.

I could be completely wrong, and if I am..I hope someone here points it out. This is my understanding though.