PDA

View Full Version : MARINES TO OAKLAND POLICE: 'You Did This To My Brother'

Ares
27th October 2011, 01:09 PM
Marines around the world are outraged by the injuries inflicted by police on Scott Olsen at Tuesday's Occupy Oakland protests. Olsen is in a medically-induced coma after getting hit in the head by a police projectile.

The following picture is taken from the Reddit thread "How I feel, as a United States Marine, about what occurred in Oakland."

This man is not alone. In the five hours since the thread went up there have been over 600 comments.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4ea91b91ecad046a47000010/marine.jpg

Here's an email from the man in the picture.

Dear Mr. Johnson,

My name is Jay C Gentile, and I'm the man in the picture on BI's front page. I'm sure you're a busy man so I'll try to keep my words to a minimum. I was wondering if you, as a journalist, and with the resources at your disposal, could tell me a reliable place where I can find updates about Scott Olsen's condition. "Occupy Wallstreet" movement aside, Marines share a bond that escapes the boundaries of the English language. I'd like to be able to "check up" on this young man, my brother, and keep up with his condition.

Thank you very much,

Semper Fidelis
-Jay C. Gentile

From what I understand Scott has been upgraded to Fair condition.

http://www.businessinsider.com/marine-to-police-you-did-this-to-my-brother-2011-10#ixzz1c0yleT8V

JJ.G0ldD0t
27th October 2011, 01:26 PM
I hate to see Marines turn communist.
Even worse I hate to see Police act like Marines.

Ponce
27th October 2011, 01:36 PM
When the time comes those cops who were marines will act as marines.....brothers in the service is to be brothers in life.

Ponce
27th October 2011, 01:43 PM
I found this after posting the above.....
================================================== =========

Here’s one from Reddit user 0311kilo33:

As God is my witness. I will fight tooth and nail to restore the decency this country was founded upon. The politicians, banks and large corporations have ruined this country. I find it difficult to notice any sense of politeness on the streets anymore. But it goes farther. As a Marine and a citizen I am outraged. I am sick to death of the world my children are being raised in.

So I ask all of you, can you too sense the tipping point? When will enough be enough? If not now, when? I feel the problem is that the average Joe citizen is ignorant and comfortable. These, in addition to selfishness have become the standard for the majority of the population. As long as people are comfortable they remain silent. Well, I’m really fucking uncomfortable and I’m sick of seeing this sort of shit happening. The Occupy protests that are going on are our first glimmer of hope. If we can take this and move it further, get every lazy ass off their rocker and open their eyes; then maybe, just maybe we have a chance.

Semper Fi brothers, and remember who you are. Protectors of a great nation, not politicians or wealthy money grubbing bankers and the like. When it comes time, I know we’ll stand strong.

If online reaction is any indication, it’s not a stretch to think Olson’s injury could be the start of something very big. We have a lot of military combat veterans in this country who haven’t been treated very well since they left the service. No job prospects. Inadequate medical coverage. If they take their anger offline and into the streets, the OWS movement will become an extremely potent, and WELL TRAINED force.

JJ.G0ldD0t
27th October 2011, 01:55 PM
Apples and Oranges..

Marine vets and active duty Marines. Think they'll elect honchos to get together and have a pow wow before it gets too bad?
Active duty Marines are under orders.
Marines follow orders because they are trained to do so to stay alive. There is no negotiation while pressing the trigger. Pressing the trigger IS the negotiation.
Not much trumps staying alive when there's lead in the air.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
28th October 2011, 07:31 AM
A bunch of war hardened veterans with ptsd is not a group you want against you.

Santa
28th October 2011, 10:07 AM
It has probably already been mentioned but I suspect at least half of all the bacon boys in blue are also war hardened vets with ptsd.
Think they'll break ranks against their brothers on the other side? Not likely.

Hatha Sunahara
28th October 2011, 10:19 AM
It has probably already been mentioned but I suspect at least half of all the bacon boys in blue are also war hardened vets with ptsd.
Think they'll break ranks against their brothers on the other side? Not likely.

You underestimate the power of money and the propaganda of the elite. It's really easy for the elite to get half the population to kill the other half.

Hatha

Book
28th October 2011, 10:33 AM
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/dvd/paramount/NCIS_S6_5L.jpg

We won't be seeing that episode anytime soon.

::) "investigating the attempted murder of a Marine"

Santa
28th October 2011, 11:17 AM
You underestimate the power of money and the propaganda of the elite. It's really easy for the elite to get half the population to kill the other half.

Yes, I agree with you. Perhaps I didn't make my point clear.

iOWNme
28th October 2011, 01:06 PM
Why does it matter that this guy is a Marine?

The FUCKING COPS AND MILITARY have been slaughtering innocent civilians for decades, Foreign and American. Tazing, beating, shooting, chasing, raping and killing innocent people for a long time now. It happens so often we just turn the channel to find more dancing with the stars. Its pathetic.

Fuck the Marines. Yeah, i said it. Over 1 million dead Iraqi's in the past 10 yeas alone. WTF? FUCK all Federal Police Communist Goon Forces. FUCK EM.

I see right through this bullshit, and call it out now!

iOWNme
28th October 2011, 03:39 PM
INCREDIBLE.

Watch the cop @ 1:43. He waits until people come to help the Marine, and he throws a fucking smoke grenade right into the pile of people! This is who you are dealing with. The Cop/Marine mentality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEj_4fqDbnM&feature=player_embedded

Cebu_4_2
28th October 2011, 03:43 PM
Still would like to see the two clash in the streets. Once it goes completely viral through the ranks it might wake them up to whats really going on "back home"

Ponce
28th October 2011, 03:59 PM
All that it would take is for a cop to hit a Marine in his class A uniform.....and then.......TSWHTF.

Cebu_4_2
28th October 2011, 04:08 PM
All that it would take is for a cop to hit a Marine in his class A uniform.....and then.......TSWHTF.

Big Time!

willie pete
28th October 2011, 04:24 PM
INCREDIBLE.

Watch the cop @ 1:43. He waits until people come to help the Marine, and he throws a fucking smoke grenade right into the pile of people! This is who you are dealing with. The Cop/Marine mentality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEj_4fqDbnM&feature=player_embedded

Looked more like a "Flash/Bang" grenade to me....this just reinforces what a cop told me....."we don't come to fight fair, we come to win"......tell me that's not a perverted credo.....