PDA

View Full Version : Here come the debtor prisons

midnight rambler
3rd November 2011, 06:00 PM
As if they didn't already exist. lol

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/11/03/charge-inmates-to-stay-in-jail-riverside-county-eyes-5m-revenue-boost/

po boy
3rd November 2011, 06:05 PM
Well they have made everyone criminals in their eyes anyway may as well steal the rest of what you have.

osoab
3rd November 2011, 06:09 PM
So is this "Supervisor" a voted in office? The guy was weaselly enough to try to charge for visiting prison.
I wonder what the institution and collection of liens would cost per instance.

Couldn't we call all prisons "debtors' prison". We're broke.

palani
3rd November 2011, 06:13 PM
We're broke.

Not at all. Prisoners are sought because of the bonds ... bid, performance and payment, under the Smith Act of the 1937 period. Look up Jean Keating and read some of his material. Each prisoner funds his own incarceration.

The activity is so profitable Barbara Bush even participates by selling prisons commissary supplies. Cheese she provides has no dairy and will not melt on a cheeseburger. It is all chemical and produced in Florida. No nutrition either.

gunDriller
3rd November 2011, 09:00 PM
i think of those pillbox townhouses that you see in suburbia as prisons.

at the real estate peak they were going for $500K+. when someone is locked into one of those mortgages, they might as well be in prison.

sort of like the inmates they're trying to charge for room and board - totally objectionable for inmates in cases where they broke a rule but didn't actually hurt anybody.

i'm not sure who is more trapped like a rat in a wire cage. the inmates know they're in prison. the mortgage-payers pulling their hair out over bills, without realizing that they don't need cell-phones, cables, or even toilet paper (OK, yes, i know that last part is controversial ;) ).

the mortgage payers often have the feeling of being in prison. they sometimes escape by buying a bigger TV on their credit card, adding another brick to their prison, a temporary rush to deal with the anxious ennui of their corporate lives and commuting life-styles. sitting in cars on the freeway to feed the petro-chemical industry, aka the Anglo Persian Oil Company, BP, and its clones.

but some of the young people realize the scam early before they get too trapped.