PDA

View Full Version : Why letting children get dirty reduces the risk of them getting sick.

Ponce
4th November 2011, 10:28 AM
I posted about this in the old GIM......the problem with American is that most of them are to "sanitize", in my travels and adventures overseas I was about the only one who never got sick because of the water or other disease in the area, even if I have a lot of broken bones and other physical problems I have never been sick like from asma or something like that.
=======================================

Why letting children get dirty reduces the risk of them getting sick.

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 7:16 AM on 4th November 2011

Comments (43) Add to My Stories Share Parents have long suspected letting their children get a bit dirty won’t do them any harm – even if the modern health and safety police say otherwise.
And according to scientists, that parental instinct was right all along.
Children who come home splattered in mud after playing are less likely to develop allergies as they get older, the researchers found.
Up to no good! Playing in the mud could boost youngsters' immune systems
Their developing immune systems are exposed to a greater variety of bacteria than those of their cleaner counterparts, so they can cope better when germs are encountered later in life.
One in four of us now suffers from some kind of allergy, a figure that has risen in recent decades – as parents have become more worried about hygiene.

More...Playgrounds scrapped and children to share unisex toilets as schools look to accommodate 350,000 extra pupils

Researchers at the University of Copenhagen studied 411 children for 12 years from birth, and identified a direct link between the number of different bacteria found in their bodies and the risk of developing allergies later in life.
Professor Hans Bisgaard, who led the study, published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, said: ‘What matters is to encounter a large number of different bacteria early in life when the immune system is developing and 'learning'.
‘Our new findings match the discoveries we have made in the fields of asthma and hay fever.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2057400/Playing-dirt-good-children.html#ixzz1cnGnDJwr

madfranks
4th November 2011, 10:39 AM
DUH! This should be obvious, but unfortunately to most it's not. Too many modern parents want everything sterile before they let their kids touch it. The bottles of hand sanitizer and bleach wipes are getting out of hand.

Spectrism
4th November 2011, 10:45 AM
Heym we can't all be dirty Puerto Ricans.

Nowadays, with Fukushima dust, it may not be so healthy to play in the dirt.

Neuro
4th November 2011, 11:21 AM
Insanitize would be a better term! There are IMO three important factors leading to a dysfunctional immune system!

1) Immunizations, tricking the immune system to react to antigens that are not present.

2) Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications, one take away the natural job of a proper immune system, the other tells it not to do its job

3) Not playing around in dirty environments.

Certainly antibiotics could be a lifesaver, but you should not use it for a common cold, fever, or a middle ear infection.

I am thinking that maybe I should put proper nutrition on the list too. But I think the first three are the primary mistakes concerned parents make for their young ones. Those who are not concerned I don't concern myself with either...

Ponce
4th November 2011, 11:29 AM
Heym we can't all be dirty Puerto Ricans.

Nowadays, with Fukushima dust, it may not be so healthy to play in the dirt.

Puerto Rican? GRRRRRRRRRRRR...............think about it Spect, thanks to Fukushima your won't radiate as much if we have a nuke war because you already have been given a low dose of radiation.......like getting a flu shot?

Spectrism
4th November 2011, 11:37 AM
Puerto Rican? GRRRRRRRRRRRR...............think about it Spect, thanks to Fukushima your won't radiate as much if we have a nuke war because you already have been given a low dose of radiation.......like getting a flu shot?

See? We are getting flu shots by breathing in the fine plutonium and chemtrail air. How benevolent our masters are!

Oh... that's right, you're not Puerto Rican. I keep forgettin.... what are you.... Jamaican? Dominican?

As for anti-biotics... things like Lyme disease make them quite handy. Considering all the ticks we get here, I may have to find a way to stock up on doxycycline.

lapis
4th November 2011, 11:38 AM
I find it ironic that many mainstream blue pill people are afraid to drink raw milk because of potential germs, but feel free to drink pasteurized bacteria and pathogens in regular milk. They don't mind eating contaminated food, but their kitchen counters have to be spotless and every square inch sprayed with antibacterial cleaners.

Ponce
4th November 2011, 02:53 PM
The only vitamin or flu shot that you need is only the ones that you get in your food.....eat healthy and be healthy.......and if you get the flu (or a cold) once in a while? so what........I get it about once every five or six years and I am still alive, better than trusting a so called flu shot.

zap
4th November 2011, 03:53 PM
Yes I think it is healthy to let kids get dirty.

lapis
4th November 2011, 04:40 PM
What an adorable picture!

TomD
5th November 2011, 05:01 AM
"That which does not kill me makes me stronger."

But, of course, don't take it too far. I love prowling old cemeteries for interesting photography. Find an area of a cemetery dating 100+ years in the past and the percentage of infant/children's sites reaches astonishing proportions.

Dogman
5th November 2011, 05:19 AM

But, of course, don't take it too far. I love prowling old cemeteries for interesting photography. Find an area of a cemetery dating 100+ years in the past and the percentage of infant/children's sites reaches astonishing proportions. Not only children, birthing took a heavy toll on the mothers also.

Twisted Titan
5th November 2011, 08:59 AM
that is exactly why most familes back in the Olden days were usally five sometime seven childeren ....it was expected that Three or more would not make it out of infancy or early childhood

Neuro
5th November 2011, 09:25 AM

But, of course, don't take it too far. I love prowling old cemeteries for interesting photography. Find an area of a cemetery dating 100+ years in the past and the percentage of infant/children's sites reaches astonishing proportions.

True that! I think the main drivers in our increased life expectancy has been plumbing, refrigeration, greenhouses and transportation (making fruits and vegetables available year round). Central heating and antibiotics had a positive impact too.

We have been led to believe that vaccination programs has been instrumental in irradicating childhood mortality, but the truth is that the mortality had plunged allready by 97-99% BEFORE the mass vaccination programs started... That doesn't matter though because most people don't want to understand they are lied too...