PDA

View Full Version : Connection issues w/ GS-US??

MNeagle
8th November 2011, 07:00 AM
Anyone else having connection trouble with the site? It keeps booting me out w/o rhyme or reason. I can usually get back in, then it happens again when I click on a link.

chad
8th November 2011, 07:01 AM
for 3 or 4 days now. sometimes super slow as well.

MNeagle
8th November 2011, 07:06 AM
1st day for me, aggravating as heck! Must've been booted at least 2 dozen times this morning so far.

Dogman
8th November 2011, 07:11 AM
Happened here one time getting thrown out, several slowdowns in the last couple of days.

madfranks
8th November 2011, 07:38 AM
I haven't noticed any problems. Let me know if it persists and I'll get the boss on it.

MNeagle
8th November 2011, 07:42 AM
still happening for me

k-os
8th November 2011, 07:49 AM
Two days ago, I was logged out (without myself having logged out - I have the box checked "keep me logged in"). Then, when I put my username and password in, it took me to the same logged out page. It was weird. I did that several times before I realized that I was logged in properly, but the page that was being displayed was incorrect. Something wrong with the forwarded link. If I just went to GSUS home, I was fine (and logged in).

MNeagle, when you say "booted" do you mean you get a timeout, or did you get logged out like I did?

Cebu_4_2
8th November 2011, 08:03 AM
No probs here and I almost always have issues for the littlest things.

MNeagle
8th November 2011, 08:14 AM
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

is the message I get a LOT today. I return to gold-silver.us/forum & am still logged in. Last time-out was 30(?) minutes...

JohnQPublic
8th November 2011, 08:23 AM
So far I have not noticed anything.

k-os
8th November 2011, 08:26 AM
is the message I get a LOT today. I return to gold-silver.us/forum & am still logged in. Last time-out was 30(?) minutes...

Thanks! I figured if the guys were going to look into it, they could use some help with communication.

I just like to know the terminology that people use, and how they use it. For example, someone might see that same message and say "my computer crashed". Seriously.

MNeagle
8th November 2011, 08:30 AM
Still happening. It may be something here in the midwest. I also can't get into startribune.com at all, which is MN's main newspaper. All other sites are fine so far. Thanks for the help & suggestions.

Dogman
8th November 2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks! I figured if the guys were going to look into it, they could use some help with communication.

I just like to know the terminology that people use, and how they use it. For example, someone might see that same message and say "my computer crashed". Seriously. Agree!

Most nubes will start thinking it is their computer and then start messing with their settings. Over the years I had to bail out past friends that have totally done a F.U.B.A.R with their systems. Messing with what need not be messed with!

Tho, it does keep the geeks employed.

;D

MNeagle
8th November 2011, 08:37 AM
strib is back online

Ponce
8th November 2011, 08:39 AM
Only problem that I ever have, and still having, is that every time that I go back to GSUS I have to refresh the page.....other wise I get the same page that I was on before.

First post of the day................good morning to one and all.

k-os
8th November 2011, 08:42 AM
Agree!

Most nubes will start thinking it is their computer and then start messing with their settings.

I disagree, they just usually don't know. (I don't think they automatically blame their computer, they could just as easily automatically blame the programmer, or network connection. :)) And it's not just newbs, people hear a word or phrase and repeat it, not really knowing what it means. "I got booted", or "my computer crashed", or "my browser crashed", etc., etc. All of those phrases mean different things to different people. Some people have even used the term "BSOD" (blue screen of death) to mean something as simple as their login failed.

Horn
8th November 2011, 08:55 AM
I haven't noticed any problems. Let me know if it persists and I'll get the boss on it.

I could get the hang of that job...O0

Dogman
8th November 2011, 09:04 AM
I disagree, they just usually don't know. (I don't think they automatically blame their computer, they could just as easily automatically blame the programmer, or network connection. :)) And it's not just newbs, people hear a word or phrase and repeat it, not really knowing what it means. "I got booted", or "my computer crashed", or "my browser crashed", etc., etc. All of those phrases mean different things to different people. Some people have even used the term "BSOD" (blue screen of death) to mean something as simple as their login failed.

K

You would have to meet the people I was referring about. First sign of a problem , and in they go trying too fix it! Truth!

Some people can tear up an anvil with their bare hands, much less messing up a computer. In my post I guess I was referring back into my experience with them. And I agree that thankfully not all nubs are that way.

Joe King
8th November 2011, 09:17 AM
Still happening. It may be something here in the midwest. I also can't get into startribune.com at all, which is MN's main newspaper. All other sites are fine so far. Thanks for the help & suggestions.
Have you tried running a trace route to see where the delay is? If all is well, you should see low numbers along the entire route.

Also, there's still one hidden iframe on the site.

madfranks
8th November 2011, 11:55 AM
I could get the hang of that job...O0

Ha! The truth is, certain settings are admin only, us lowly mods don't have that sort of power. :p