PDA

View Full Version : Charging entities for your time in instances of forced contact

TheNocturnalEgyptian
9th November 2011, 04:59 PM
This stuff has been discussed before. One freeman charged the police an hourly rate for detaining him. The below dialogue discusses using it against collection agencies specifically:

----------------------------------------------------

The next time that they contact you, let them know that since you've not received proof of debt, any further correspondence, that they send, call or communicate with you, they will be charged the standard rate of $156.00 per minute of communication, and that further contact will be regarded as a consent for such charges.

At the time, I was a self-employed publisher. I made a small number of four part invoices, naming myself as a debt consultant. I sent them an invoice, with my time, at a given dollar amount, and let them know they had thirty days to pay, or I'd begin charging interest. They were very professional, and sure enough, about 40 days in, I got my check.

The invoices listed myself, as debt consultant, my address, etc, and then it listed five hours of consulting time, at a given rate, then a total. Send pink copy back with check, keep yellow copy for your records. That kind of thing.

AUDIENCE asks "What if they laugh at you?"

They consented to your consultancy regarding debt matters. By continuing the conversation, they consented to the contract. This is especially true, if you record the conversation, and state that you are recording the conversation. Try something like this:

Answering, upon realization that it is said debt collector you say "You have failed to provide proof of debt, as I had requested in writing, and that is your responsibility. Henceforth, any future correspondence, by voice or in written form, will be considered consent, to my services in debt consultation. Now, my time, is very valuable, so you're going to be charged my standard rates of (insert number here) per minute. Do you consent to this contract? Also note, this call is being recorded for use in investigating this matter."

They usually won't say no, but if they do, say something like this "Then, we have nothing to discuss, until proof of debt arrives in my hands. Please note, that ANY further communication prior to proof of debt, is consent to my services".

The person you're dealing with is most likely a call center peon, and has not a clue how to deal with what you just said, but they're under instructions to keep the conversation going until you've consented to pay. This works in your favor. They'll say just about anything, to keep you from getting off the phone without a promise to pay. Remember, they're recording the conversation also, and if you promise to pay, it renews the debt, even if there wasn't one before. The one that I had, said "you do whatever you have to do, but you have to pay this debt now" That, was consent to my services. It's not fraudulent charges at all. You are providing a service, consultation on a debt. You should be charging for your time.

All systems, contain within, the seeds of their own destruction. It's just a matter of planting those seeds, and nurturing them to fruition.