PDA

View Full Version : It was 236 years ago today......

Libertarian_Guard
10th November 2011, 02:03 PM
Today marks the 236th anniversary of the founding of the U.S. oldest military service: The U.S. Marine Corps. Older than the United States itself, the Marines are the quintessential incarnation of the best of the American spirit. For more than 200 years, the USMC has defined the standards of courage, spirit, and military prowess.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/10/happy-birthday-to-the-few-the-proud/

Libertarian_Guard
10th November 2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KUntwGCG7k&feature=related

Ponce
10th November 2011, 02:14 PM
That was great.......but...... by doing the same thing but with different soldiers as he walked along the line non stop, that would be a real killer.

iOWNme
10th November 2011, 02:42 PM
For more than 200 years, the USMC has defined the standards of courage, spirit, and military prowess.

Now that is laughable.

Using PROACTIVE OFFENSIVE violence is not Courageous, Honorable, Just or Moral.

Where were the Marines at Kent State? Ruby Ridge? Waco? Thats what i thought. They are NEVER on the side of the 'people' they are on the side of Government, and Government is the biggest oppressor of all.

Libertarian_Guard
10th November 2011, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaV9GpqzoNY&feature=related

Libertarian_Guard
10th November 2011, 03:00 PM
Now that is laughable.

Using PROACTIVE OFFENSIVE violence is not Courageous, Honorable, Just or Moral.

Where were the Marines at Kent State? Ruby Ridge? Waco? Thats what i thought. They are NEVER on the side of the 'people' they are on the side of Government, and Government is the biggest oppressor of all.

Sui Juris

You're getting lost here my friend. Marines in uniform follow orders! Now I can only speak for myself, but Marines are not 'Superman' or 'Underdog' waiting for someone to cry out for 'HELP.' We're people, but we understand sacrifice, commitment and deffered graification more than most and we have one hell of a history! Today we celebrate that history while remembering our fallen brothers.

DMac
10th November 2011, 03:10 PM
There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

Libertarian_Guard
10th November 2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiYR9B6sP44&feature=related

Dogman
10th November 2011, 03:26 PM
For some they would have to had worn the uniform and not just the jar head one ;D and understood what it implied and stood for , too really get it!

Thanks!

U.S.A.F

Libertarian_Guard
10th November 2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z3nHAi2oxw&feature=related

Libertarian_Guard
10th November 2011, 04:50 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/28198p3.jpg

Libertarian_Guard
10th November 2011, 04:53 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/qpntwy.jpg

sunshine05
10th November 2011, 05:29 PM
My husband's an ex-marine, also a veteran. He was just telling me how the Marine birthday was always a really big deal. Happy birthday to all the marines out there!

iOWNme
11th November 2011, 04:44 AM
Sui Juris

You're getting lost here my friend. Marines in uniform follow orders! Now I can only speak for myself, but Marines are not 'Superman' or 'Underdog' waiting for someone to cry out for 'HELP.' We're people, but we understand sacrifice, commitment and deffered graification more than most and we have one hell of a history! Today we celebrate that history while remembering our fallen brothers.

I wasnt bashing you personally, but can you speak to what i posted? What Wars have Marines fought that were honorable? How many of my brothers and sisters have died fighting 'Communism', only to find out Communist use external warfare as a distraction, while they infiltrate your politics, subvert your culture and create victim groups abound. We help create, fund and arm all of these so called 'enemies', while media tells us they are going to get us, all the while the real nuclear weapon is being dropped on us everyday: The total destruction of our system and the absolute DEATH of the individual.

And now its the new 'Muslim' threat, brought to you by the very same boys that brought us the Communist threat of the 20th Century.

These wars have all been a lie, and we still follow the blind patriotism and sing the songs. I just dont get it. The ONLY thing the Marines need to protect is the individual, his divine Right to self determination, and the private Property of the people. if they did that, NONE of these other problems we face would even have a chance to flourish.

And then i just might give them the honor, courage and morals they deserve.

Remember: People dont go to war, Governments go to war. Not people, not nations but Governments. Are you on the side of Government or the people?

Libertarian_Guard
11th November 2011, 09:13 AM
We could debate the concept and psychology of honor for days on end and never come to an agreement. If you buy into a definition of honor as “one who holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable and dangerous to do so” you would agree we me about Marines having honor or having served with honor.

Now the question about war being honorable puts me on much weaker ground. War sucks and it must be one of the most pathetic conditions of humanity. Sure enough, if we were all individualistic enough to never form into militias of any sort, humanity would be much better off. But we’re not that individual. We form up into groups as a matter of protection, and sometimes at our own demise!

At my current age, early 50’s, I side more with the individual. Back when I enlisted as a teenager, I sided more with the group, meaning, in this case, the government. Let’s face it, there is strength in numbers and the individual is at a disadvantage when stacked up against a group. Except for the most individualistic among us, we all wish to belong to something bigger than ourselves at some point of our lives, and in some strange way it helps to define us.

I doubt you’ll find two people that have had the mental consciousness to have lived their entire life purely with an independent mind set, never having committed to a group mindset, but if you did, they would be the antisocial sort, with perhaps as much honor as any Marine.

Libertarian_Guard
10th November 2013, 07:38 PM
And another, bump.

Cebu_4_2
10th November 2013, 08:24 PM
Early 50's you dodged the draft. What would it be like if they drafted kids again?

Norweger
10th November 2013, 09:40 PM
What have the marines ever done for the American people?

gunDriller
11th November 2013, 06:05 AM
Today marks the 236th anniversary of the founding of the U.S. oldest military service: The U.S. Marine Corps. Older than the United States itself, the Marines are the quintessential incarnation of the best of the American spirit. For more than 200 years, the USMC has defined the standards of courage, spirit, and military prowess.

nothing honorable about killing civilians in foreign lands ... even if you do make a water landing.