PDA

View Full Version : Today's trip to the "Senior Thrief Store".........

Ponce
10th November 2011, 02:50 PM
Today I hit the JACKPOT, all kind of new clothing from some store somewhere that closed down......man oh man, I could open my own clothing store with all this...............I would say that I got about $3,000 (or more) for $65.00.

Not only that but on my way to my truck with the last load I saw a bran new pair of boot sitting on the shelve, I decided to take a look at them and they wanted $25.00, because it was my size I got them for $20.00..........now, this is the real weird part and something that I have never seen before...................I put them on when I got home and I found it kind of funny that it had two sets of laces, after a while I found out that it was a pair of light boots INSIDE of the heavier boots.......I have on the light pair of boots and they feel real good..........anyone knows anything about this? are they polar boots or what?

MNeagle
10th November 2011, 03:03 PM
yes, it sounds like you may have Sorel boots, or something similiar:

http://www.sorel.com/Men%27s-Caribou%C2%AE/NM1000,default,pd.html#

They have felt liners.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/ColumbiaSportswear/F11_NM1000_003_f?$sorel_rollover$

ximmy
10th November 2011, 03:14 PM
Ponce Jackpot haul...
http://www.elistmania.com/images/articles/305/Original/OL_5.jpg

osoab
10th November 2011, 03:20 PM
Ponce Jackpot haul...
http://www.elistmania.com/images/articles/305/Original/OL_5.jpg

Isn't that a light load?

Ponce
10th November 2011, 03:51 PM
No MNeagle, is a comple boot that you can use anywhere, not a "liner".

I'd better check my rear view mirrow to make sure Xmmy is not following me around...........

Oasab? you are right, that was only with my first load......I had about ten more to go.

Dogman
10th November 2011, 03:57 PM
Ponce

Just a word of advice and question! Here is the question, are there any geological fault lines near you?

And here is the advice, do not stack your hoard in one place! The concentration (weight) of all of your stuff, may trigger the big one (earthquake) and make a good chunk of the west coast, slide off into the sea!

;D

osoab
10th November 2011, 04:02 PM
Ponce

Just a word of advice and question! Here is the question, are there any geological fault lines near you?

And here is the advice, do not stack your hoard in one place! The concentration (weight) of all of your stuff, may trigger the big one (earthquake) and make a good chunk of the west coast, slide off into the sea!

;D

Just like Guam.

madfranks
10th November 2011, 04:04 PM
What's a "thrief" store?

I'm sorry, I had to do it! :D Good job Ponce on your double boot score. I'd shake your hand if I could.

Dogman
10th November 2011, 04:06 PM
What's a "thrief" store?

I'm sorry, I had to do it! :D Good job Ponce on your double boot score. I'd shake your hand if I could. Do you do not under stand Cuban/Puerto Rican henglish accents?

;D

Plastic
10th November 2011, 04:19 PM
Just like Guam.

Except no brown tree snake infestation, wretched island.

Ponce
10th November 2011, 05:30 PM
Is it my foult that I have an accent when I write?..........I would like to see you guys write in Spanish or in a couple of more languages......English is one of the hardest languages to lean how to talk......like my brother told me "You have to put a big ball of mud in your mouth when talking in English"

madfranks
10th November 2011, 06:26 PM
Is it my foult that I have an accent when I write?..........I would like to see you guys write in Spanish or in a couple of more languages......English is one of the hardest languages to lean how to talk......like my brother told me "You have to put a big ball of mud in your mouth when talking in English"

I know Ponce, I was just giving you crap. :D

Cebu_4_2
10th November 2011, 06:54 PM
Why speak spanish? I mean your Cuban and all, shouldnt you be speaking cubanese?

Libertytree
10th November 2011, 07:02 PM
Why speak spanish? I mean your Cuban and all, shouldnt you be speaking cubanese?

You mean jewbanese?

freespirit
10th November 2011, 07:24 PM
You mean jewbanese?

no, no, no...it's zionubanese

Ponce
10th November 2011, 07:42 PM
Franks? thanks for trying to "improve" my English by giving me a crap.........I'll stick to mud.

Tell you guys this much, I have one half brother in Cuba that I cannot understand it when he talks to me.......it sounds like a mchine gun going off.........by the way, when I am in Cuba people tells me that my Spanish is pretty good and which country did I come from hahahahahahahhahaha.

Neuro
11th November 2011, 12:56 AM
I was under the impression that in a senior thief store type of situation you didn't need to pay anything for the goods you were hauling off...

Ponce
11th November 2011, 01:56 AM
Is that supposed to be funny or what?........sorry but it dind't work......try again.

Neuro
11th November 2011, 02:25 AM
Doesn't always work...

solid
11th November 2011, 04:27 AM
.......anyone knows anything about this? are they polar boots or what?

They could be mountaineering boots. I've got a pair from climbing, same one's folks have used on Mt. Everest. They are rated to something like 60 degrees below zero (with both boots on, can't remember exactly). Is the outer boot made seem like a plastic shell? If you did get mountaineer boots, that's an excellent price/score, Ponce. Mine new were around $300 on sale.

The main reason there's two boots, is so that you can leave the outer pair outside your tent in the freazing snow, and keep the inside one on, and your feet warm, inside the tent. You don't need to rewarm your feet everytime you go inside and outside, brilliant!

Congrats on the boots, Ponce, I think you'll really enjoy them this cold season.

Ponce
11th November 2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks Solid......and you could be partially right, the problem that I see about this boots is that they are to rigid and with no give for mountain climbing so that they must be used with skis..... I would say that who ever had them before me used them only one time and I can see why..........I am going to do a search on line, the name on the boots is "FIREFLY" 100% man made and made in China.

By the way, just noticed that I have 5 stars on this thread.......you guys crazy or what?.....2 stars maybe, but 5?

Neuro
11th November 2011, 09:23 AM
Ponceflor?

Do they look like this:

http://images2.wishabi.ca/items/9293454/1319949899/9293454_155_155.jpg

Dogman
11th November 2011, 09:26 AM
Ponceflor?

Do they look like this:

http://images2.wishabi.ca/items/9293454/1319949899/9293454_155_155.jpg He He He , LOL

I know what that boot is, but!

Looking at it for some reason made me think of a picture of "RoboPonce" !

freespirit
11th November 2011, 09:32 AM
i'm guessing they are snowboard boots...

mamboni
11th November 2011, 10:34 AM
What's a "thrief" store?

I'm sorry, I had to do it! :D Good job Ponce on your double boot score. I'd shake your hand if I could.

A Thrief Store is a store that caters to the thrifty thief, or 'thrief.';D

freespirit
11th November 2011, 10:56 AM
He He He , LOL

I know what that boot is, but!

Looking at it for some reason made me think of a picture of "RoboPonce" !

i can just see him clomping around in the woods wearing these while walking his dog! lol

Ponce
11th November 2011, 10:59 AM
freespirit is right........$244.00 a pop........but my inner boots are better than the ones that I found on line.

freespirit
11th November 2011, 11:09 AM
holy shit! just over a week ago i broke 1000 posts, then today, i get a thankyou from the great Ponce!

i seem to be racking up the badges of honor here lately!! lol ;D

seriously though Ponce, those boots should keep your feet pretty warm this winter. just don't be doin' any rodeo flips on the half pipe this winter, ok??

:D

Ponce
11th November 2011, 12:39 PM
Hey Jr., don't talk to me till you reach 10,000 posts....................I better write faster hahahahahahahahah.

Speddy Gonzales has nothing on me...........beep, beep......or the road runner :)