PDA

View Full Version : What Baracula sounded like before being trained in NLP

midnight rambler
18th November 2011, 09:07 AM
NLP = neuro linguistic programming, another form of manipulation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2QzjQEjp5Q&feature=player_embedded

TheNocturnalEgyptian
18th November 2011, 10:41 AM
Same voice, difference cadence, much less convincing.

NLP is the real deal, my old roommate was obsessed with it, he used it to talk his way into a job and by the end of his first day he was in a top sales position. No previous sales experience.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
18th November 2011, 10:53 AM
Neuro Linguistic Programming is the tool used by the mainstream media to keep people in fear, confused and timid. If they're on a cable news channel, you can bet they are using NLP tactics. It's probably the reason why so many refuse to question the events of 9/11.

MNeagle
18th November 2011, 06:02 PM
wow, what a remarkable difference. Obviously still reading a teleprompter, that's gotten less noticeable over the years too (the eyes zigging back & forth).

k-os
18th November 2011, 06:19 PM
What a difference. He sounded like a normal person in that clip. Now he sounds like a preacher with the weird pauses and dramatic changes in intonation.

BrewTech
18th November 2011, 06:22 PM
NLP you say? Hmmm... something else to investigate - thanks!

Truth be told, I think he sounds more... listenable... in this vid. Is it the fact that I'm NOT hearing NLP techniques? Is that what makes me unable to watch TV news or political speeches?

It would be nice to think that I have a built-in detector in terms of this "NLP" of which you speak.

k-os
18th November 2011, 06:33 PM

Truth be told, I think he sounds more... listenable... in this vid. Is it the fact that I'm NOT hearing NLP techniques? Is that what makes me unable to watch TV news or political speeches?

It would be nice to think that I have a built-in detector in terms of this "NLP" of which you speak.

I was thinking the same thing about myself . . . maybe it's possible that we do have NLP detectors.

BrewTech
18th November 2011, 06:58 PM
I was thinking the same thing about myself . . . maybe it's possible that we do have NLP detectors.Any sales pitch I get from a "professional" is immediately dismissed, because of the... sound of it? I guess? Hard to explain. I frigging hate salespeople. It sounds so fake when they talk. That must be what I'm hearing is NLP...

k-os
18th November 2011, 07:04 PM
Any sales pitch I get from a "professional" is immediately dismissed, because of the... sound of it? I guess? Hard to explain. I frigging hate salespeople. It sounds so fake when they talk. That must be what I'm hearing is NLP...

Yep! Same here. I can tell when someone I meet is a salesperson, even if it's a social setting.

midnight rambler
18th November 2011, 07:10 PM
I was thinking the same thing about myself . . . maybe it's possible that we do have NLP detectors.

It's your gut telling you something is amiss.

horseshoe3
18th November 2011, 07:15 PM
Yep! Same here. I can tell when someone I meet is a salesperson, even if it's a social setting.

That's because they sound flippant and unreasonably optimistic. Part of that is technique. They want you to feel good when you are around them so you'll buy what they are selling. The other part is that they really are that optimistic. Things will go well. We'll be succesful without any work on my part. They either don't know or don't want to admit all the work that others are doing so they can make money simply by smiling while they lie.

solid
18th November 2011, 07:21 PM
NLP you say? Hmmm... something else to investigate - thanks!\.

What is NLP? Any of you folks have any good links to investigate this?

MNeagle
18th November 2011, 07:24 PM
1st post tells what it is.

solid
18th November 2011, 07:36 PM
1st post tells what it is.

Well, a quick search makes me think it's hypnosis, or some strange mindwashing.

http://www.nlpcoaching.com/what-is-nlp.html

D sciple
18th November 2011, 09:05 PM
I'm not an Obama fan but I think the NLP (or new style...) has definitely helped imo.

BrewTech
18th November 2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.nlpcoaching.com/complete_practitioner_dvd.gif (http://www.nlpcoaching.com/cgi-bin/online/storepro.php)
WHAT IS NLP ?

http://www.nlpcoaching.com/lineshort.gif

Start to turn your life around, today
NLP is a way of thinking and a set of skills that are easy to understand, that will give you more focus, self esteem, power to make good decisions, focus, direction, self confidence, ability to create wealth, productivity, less procrastination and faster progress.
NLP training is something that you want to get into if:
ˇYou are sick and tired of not being motivated to lose weight
ˇYou are broke or if you just want to improve your income
ˇYour emotions are out of control at times
ˇYou really can’t communicate with your partner/spouse/children/ or at work
ˇYou can’t say what you want to say without getting in trouble
ˇYou are tired of feeling fat and frumpy
ˇYou feel you have, or will, run out of choices
ˇYou want more control over your life
ˇYou want to put out less effort, and have more free time to just do what you want to do

BrewTech
18th November 2011, 09:45 PM
^^^ PreCISEly what I fucking hate, is the promotion of this mentality... as if there is a a ONE STOP cure for these ailments.

They leave out the part about selling your soul...

Son-of-Liberty
18th November 2011, 11:18 PM

I don't think it works once you realize the guy doing it is constantly lying. Then it just sounds annoying. Then you hear other people using the same techniques and realize they must be full of shit too.

uranian
19th November 2011, 01:41 AM
it's a form of hypnosis; the cadence changes and abruptness throw the conscious mind, making it easier to access the viewer's subconcious. started by richard bandler, whatever you think of NLP, his work is interesting and he's a very entertaining speaker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nixDPEZ9ZuI

i met an NLP practioner years ago who had stopped doing it because he was concerned about unduly influencing other people. he then tried to hypnotise me without telling me first, rather bloody rude! interesting though as i'd never been hypnotised before, so to feel it was instructive. rather like tripping.

Twisted Titan
19th November 2011, 04:39 AM
What is NLP? Any of you folks have any good links to investigate this?

amashed to say I was a big fan of this huckster back in my heyday.......http://keithtax.hubpages.com/hub/The-Tony-Robbins-Fraud-Revealed

Bigjon
19th November 2011, 12:47 PM
it's a form of hypnosis; the cadence changes and abruptness throw the conscious mind, making it easier to access the viewer's subconcious. started by richard bandler, whatever you think of NLP, his work is interesting and he's a very entertaining speaker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nixDPEZ9ZuI

i met an NLP practioner years ago who had stopped doing it because he was concerned about unduly influencing other people. he then tried to hypnotise me without telling me first, rather bloody rude! interesting though as i'd never been hypnotised before, so to feel it was instructive. rather like tripping.

Mr. Bandler is one funny guy, and a very interesting speaker.

Errosion Of Accord
19th November 2011, 02:53 PM
I can't stand to listen to "0" largely because I hate him but also because he tries to talk to us all like we are three years old. Three to five words then pause. I find him to be completely ridiculous and can not possibly understand how people listen to him for more than 30 seconds at a stretch. Maybe I'm just immune to this NLP crap.

JDRock
21st November 2011, 06:32 AM
...the rabbit hole goes soo deep anymore, NOTHING would surprize me, hell, even if those cranial scars allowed some kind of implant that enables his handlers to remotely control him....

Awoke
21st November 2011, 06:36 AM
Tag. Never heard of NLP, thanks for posting.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
21st November 2011, 07:17 AM

You could call it NLP detection but really it's your above average critical thinking that allows you to see through the BS. I bet most people on this board are immune to NLP tactics. Similar to people who aren't influenced through hypnosis.

midnight rambler
21st November 2011, 07:21 AM
You could call it NLP detection but really it's your above average critical thinking that allows you to see through the BS. I bet most people on this board are immune to NLP tactics. Similar to people who aren't influenced through hypnosis.

I don't think it's so much of an 'immunity' as it is a resistance. We are all subject to influences from our environment - I don't think anyone can truthfully assert they are totally immune from these influences.

JDRock
21st November 2011, 07:28 AM
its our FILTER, we come at things like news reports, "official stories" with a well deserved pre- disposed suspicion...impossible to program.