PDA

View Full Version : Looking for health advice (suggestions) on water pills

StreetsOfGold
20th November 2011, 05:10 PM
Anyone have any information on water pills?

Background - My mother (almost 90) has been in a rut. She is having issues with water on her legs and of course the doctors are giving her water pills but ADMIT it's hard on her kidneys. So they are trying to balance the doses and not hurt her Kidneys too badly. The whole thing stinks to me and I'm sure there must be something better she can do. I've try researching this on the net but the issue seems muddled and I'm not getting anywhere. I'm hoping maybe someone here has gone through this or perhaps someone knows something about this and any good advice will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
SOG

Large Sarge
20th November 2011, 05:27 PM
hey,

well all longevity and health issues revolve around glutathione levels, either directly or indirectly.

you need to get her glutathione levels up.

(not affiliated with this company)

www.glutacure.com

you can give her NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine), this helps with glutathione levels (not as much as above)

also, bioactive, cold filtered whey protein. this helps raise glutathione levels, (more than NAC, and less than the medical ways from glutacure.com)

Happy to help with anything else, glutathione is the bodies master antioxicant, extremely safe, non-toxic, its just 3 amino acids joined together (cysteine, glutamine, glycine)

mamboni
20th November 2011, 05:52 PM
Not enough info for critical amalysis. You need to have mom seen by a good internist. He must assess her heart and kidney function as well as her serum protein and electrolytes. Once all of these are known, a regimen involving one or two drugs is usually sufficient. In the interum, elevating her legs above her heart will mitigate the swelling ans help mobilize fluids.

If her heart is not in failure and her serum protein is normal, she will likely benefit from a diuretic and some potassium supplementation. But the devil is in the details. Patients like your mom can be very complex to manage and require careful monitoring of blood pressure, electrolytes and renal function.