PDA

View Full Version : Black paper turns in to money! another Nigerian scam

Glass
21st November 2011, 02:58 PM
apparently you can get some black paper put it in a bag with actual money then when you mix it all around the black paper turns in to real money. Apparently the money rubs off on the paper turning it in to money too.

Apparently you can also find people who believe this......although who wouldn't. It's how they actually make money anyway......... I believe.

It says they are french but I think they are imports.

French 'black paper money' scammers jailed
Two French nationals have been jailed by a magistrate for perpetrating a bizarre Nigerian-inspired "black paper money" scam on a Cheltenham car wash proprietor and a Broadmeadows kebab restaurateur.

Serge Ntafok arrived from Paris on May 10 with $1000 Canadian, $US500 and a 500 euro note, as well as plaster for a cast, four glue pots and a paper trimmer. Oliviers Adong landed 12 days later and joined his fellow Cameroon-born friend at a city backpackers.

Melbourne Magistrates Court heard when they then readied to fly to Paris on July 1, a Customs check of an "abnormality" in Ntafok's groin area found $US48,000 cash in four bundles. A similar frisk of Adong located $US51,602 in his underpants.

When magistrate Ian von Einem yesterday asked police prosecutor Senior Constable Walt Nathan to explain what "turning black paper into money" was about, he replied: "I was hoping you would not ask that question."

Commonwealth prosecutor Sian Coidan intervened to describe how people such as the defendants posed as prospective business buyers to "garner" the trust of victims on the promise of doubling their money.

Ms Coidan told the court the scam involved concealing some real money in black paper, adding chemicals and then, as she said, "abracadabra" — the paper turned into bank notes.

The (car wash) victim had handed them about $100,000 on the promise it would be doubled in the process, she said.
"They mixed it all up and he was told to leave it for some days for the chemicals to work their magic," Ms Coidan said.

Full story @ the Age. (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/french-black-paper-money-scammers-jailed-20111121-1nr6s.html)