PDA

View Full Version : The Happy Thanksgiving Thread !

zap
23rd November 2011, 06:28 PM
Happy Thanksgiving GSUS,

Be safe, don't eat to much and be thankful for the common sense we have !

It can always be worse, so smile and eat your turkey !

Have a Happy Thanksgiving all.

:)

Ponce
23rd November 2011, 06:37 PM
I'll have to buy another BLT sanwich for my dog and a tuna one for my cat.......me? a can of pork and beans is plenty good.

BrewTech
23rd November 2011, 07:59 PM
Purple mashed potatoes FTW!

Happy dayofffromworkday!

AOW
23rd November 2011, 08:02 PM
I've got a lot to be thankful for!

zap
23rd November 2011, 08:02 PM
3 replies, whatsamatter nobody like Thanksgiving? Seeing all the family the good the bad and the ugly? :)

IT IS THE BEST HOLIDAY OF THE YEAR !!!! MMMM TURKEY AND STUFFING AND GRAVY:) lOVE YOU ALL .

ps

Me too AOW.

sirgonzo420
23rd November 2011, 08:27 PM
Happy thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for you all!

:)

muffin
23rd November 2011, 09:02 PM
I'm thankful that I don't have to cook but it's all happening at our house, so... no traveling!! YAY! I'm thankful for my wonderful family and friends and neighbors. And I'm mostly thankful for my husband, mouse. Love ya :-*

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Sparky
23rd November 2011, 09:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to GSUS nation!

Luis337
23rd November 2011, 10:53 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!!

JohnQPublic
23rd November 2011, 10:53 PM
Happy T-day all!

EE_
23rd November 2011, 11:20 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all the good people here and families!
Yeah, I still love yas!

Ever have this happen?
I hate it when that happens!

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/MaggiegirlEE/airlinebag.gif

Okay...I'll see ya around!

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/MaggiegirlEE/tiremachine.gif

Buddha
23rd November 2011, 11:24 PM
Happy Thanksgiving guys. You all are on the list of things that I am thankful for.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
24th November 2011, 01:46 AM
Thanksgiving is a concept and a day that anyone can get behind. Happy thanksgiving all.

To look at it from that electromagnetic angle I sometimes do . . .Here we go:

The very idea of giving thanks, and holding the feeling of gratitude in your heart, for anything, is a spiritual power of the human race. Genuine gratitude produces such a high frequency that it subtly influences all events around it towards a beneficial probability. I am extremely happy to consider you all friends.

Shorty Harris
24th November 2011, 03:33 AM
Aaaw, Thanksgiving...My favorite holiday. The one holiday that big biz and corporate America has not been able to rape just to make a buck..as much as they have tried.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GSUS!

Awoke
24th November 2011, 03:53 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

Olmstein
24th November 2011, 06:36 AM
I know we don't think much of President Lincoln here at GSUS, but I thought this is a nice read on thanksgiving.

"The Year that is drawing to a close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God.

In the midst of a civil war of unequaled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke the aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theater of military conflict; while that theater has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union.

Needful diversion of wealth and strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defense, have not arrested the plough, the shuttle or the ship; the axe has enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore.

Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege, and the battle-field; and the country, rejoicing in the consciousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom.

No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy.

It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American People.

I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens.

And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascription's justly due to Him for such singular deliverance's and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty hand to heal the wounds of the nation, and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquility, and Union.

In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington, this Third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and of the Independence of the United States the Eighty-eighth."

By the President: Abraham Lincoln

MNeagle
24th November 2011, 06:43 AM
Sometimes I like looking through Craig's List "Wanted" section. Here's one from yesterday:

Thanksgiving dinner for one wanted (Apple Valley)

Looking for nice family to offer 53 yo woman alone for holiday: Thanksgiving dinner - or local church/community dinner offered.

If you know of a close by church/community dinner offering, could you please let me know about it (not too far a drive please)

I am well educated, nice, but do have several pain (physical - fibromyalgia and failed disc surgeries) problems and am declared disabled, but I can walk and do not need special help.
I do have an offer to drive to Woodbury for dinner, but I have pain issues and am not sure I want to battle the roads.
Also the family offering constantly argues and fights and I'd rather not be in that kind of tense environment.
I have no biological family in state.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/wan/2718093472.html

Neuro
24th November 2011, 06:52 AM
I am in Turkey!

Dogman
24th November 2011, 06:59 AM
I am in Turkey! Turkey! ;D

solid
24th November 2011, 07:01 AM
Sometimes I like looking through Craig's List "Wanted" section. Here's one from yesterday:

Hopefully a nice family will take her in today, and she can enjoy the warmth of a good meal, and good company, on this day.

Happy Thanksgiving Folks.

Looks like I'll be working and will have to enjoy the leftovers. However, I am thankful I am working. I know a lot of folks are not. I'm also thankful for a job I truly enjoy, and to work with some great folks.

Leftovers are always great anyway, imo.

Awoke
24th November 2011, 07:04 AM
I am in Turkey!

Ewww! Are you all covered in stuffing and giblets and Cranberries?

Dogman
24th November 2011, 07:07 AM
Ewww! Are you all covered in stuffing and giblets and Cranberries? Well!

;D

MNeagle
24th November 2011, 07:18 AM
Here I thought it might be this! http://www.cajungrocer.com/turducken-with-pork-sausage-p-1514.html

Dogman
24th November 2011, 07:22 AM
Here I thought it might be this! http://www.cajungrocer.com/turducken-with-pork-sausage-p-1514.html MN that was pure evil, throwing the pork in!

MNeagle
24th November 2011, 07:23 AM
well, it is their #1 seller!!

also available w/ cornbread!!

BrewTech
24th November 2011, 07:40 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you... hope everyone has a great day with lots of great food and love and laughter!

oh, and BEER!

MNeagle
24th November 2011, 07:43 AM
Man, the tension has already started here & we haven't even left for the relatives yet!
:mad:
::)>:(

Thanks for letting me vent GS-US!!

seaurchin1
24th November 2011, 07:59 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the US, have a lovely stress-free day. I just heard on the news that although they have no evidence, Homeland Security thinks that there could
be some terrorist activity this thanksgiving, so everyone must be carefull!

Even though it isn't Thanksgiving day here in Canada, I am thankful that I can lurk on this board every day. GSUS is an amazing source of information and entertainment.

Hatha Sunahara
24th November 2011, 09:51 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Hatha

gunDriller
24th November 2011, 03:18 PM
I'm VERY thankful for the education I get from other members & the fellowship here ! ;)

Horn
24th November 2011, 09:11 PM
Happy, Happy, Toast, Toast.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Feez/Powder_toast_man_by_ArtistoftheWar.jpg

osoab
26th November 2011, 11:45 PM
I am in Turkey!

Does Turkey have turkeys? The feathered type, of course.

Neuro
27th November 2011, 06:10 AM
Does Turkey have turkeys? The feathered type, of course.

Actually in Turkey the bird is called Hindi, suggesting that the Turks believed them to be from India...

But you can buy them here fresh from the butcher. Butchers are one of the best things about Turkey, plenty of them!

Horn
27th November 2011, 01:16 PM
Butchers are one of the best things about Turkey, plenty of them!

I met a Serbian butcher once who only dealt in 100's, and had me build a secret under ground lair beneath his castle on a hill.