PDA

View Full Version : Police 'killed deaf cyclist with stun gun after he failed to obey instructions to sto

Ponce
24th November 2011, 05:04 PM
Police 'killed deaf cyclist with stun gun after he failed to obey instructions to stop'.

By Daniel Miller

Last updated at 12:19 PM on 24th November 2011

Victim: Roger Anthony, 61, died after an officer blasted him with a stun gun as he rode home on his bicycle
A police officer killed an elderly, deaf and mentally disabled man riding his bicycle by shooting him with a Taser stun gun after he failed to obey instructions to stop.
Roger Anthony, 61, was killed as he made his way home in Scotland Neck, South Carolina, after officers responded to a 911 call about a man who had fallen off his bicycle in a car park.

The caller told dispatchers that the man appeared drunk and that it looked like he had hurt himself.
Officers said they repeatedly told Mr Anthony to get off his bike, but when he didn't respond, they shocked him.

The state Office of the Medical Examiner hasn't yet determined a cause of death.
Family members claim Mr Anthony had hearing problems and suffered from seizures. Now they're considering whether to file a lawsuit against the town.

His brother Michael said: 'What did they tase him for? It's hurting me. It's really hurting me.'
More...Father whose toddler was found dead in river strapped into her car seat charged with murder

Scotland Neck Mayor James Mills said he wouldn't blame the family for suing.

'There has been no information that this man was a threat to anybody,' he said.
Scene: Mr Anthony was shot with the Tazer gun as he cycled home in the town of Scotland Neck, South Carolina

'If I was a family member, I'm sure I'd be thinking the same way.'
Mills said he has tried to get information from the police department about what happened to Mr Anthony, but they have turned him away.

Police Chief Joe Williams says the officer is on administrative leave while the SBI conducts its investigation.

He declined to comment further. Anthony's family said they hope the case is resolved soon.
Excessive force: Family members claim Mr Anthony had hearing problems and suffered from seizures
Mr Anthony's niece, Porsha Anthony said: 'I'm sad. I lost an uncle.
'Hopefully it will be rectified so that not another family in Scotland Neck has to go through this'.
The State Bureau of Investigation in South Carolina said they are looking into Mr Anthony's death.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065629/Police-killed-deaf-cyclist-stun-gun-failed-obey-instructions-stop.html#ixzz1efA2A6Tp

freespirit
24th November 2011, 05:09 PM
wouldn't surprise me if people declared open season on these gestapo douchebags...the tipping point gets nearer all the time.

Dogman
24th November 2011, 05:16 PM
A man on a bicycle, and the only way they could handle it is to taze his ass off of it?

The chickenshit is getting deeper and deeper every day!

What they are are a bunch of fucking cowards in uniform wearing a badge and gun!

This kind of shit that gets my blood boiling!

midnight rambler
24th November 2011, 05:52 PM
And as one 'peace officer' (unable to earn an honest living so he chose thuggery with job security) recently told me, they all think of themselves as 'boy scouts'* (while looking the other way when shit like this happens - oops!**).

*and considering the mindset of someone I've known for over 15 years who recently enrolled in the police academy because he's been hanging around cops (despite my best efforts to dissuade him from becoming a thug with a badge), I know this to be true

**if you're gonna make an omelet you're going to have to break a few eggs

willie pete
24th November 2011, 06:16 PM
reminds me of a case fairly recently in which a cop in a car was chasing a teen on a bike, the cop tazed the teen from the moving car, causing the teen to loose control, fall off the bike, who was then immediately run over and killed by the cop......I'll NEVER understand how in a situation like this one, how a cop can kill you just for fleeing....

gunDriller
24th November 2011, 06:22 PM
in the movies, Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood or Jean Claude van Damme always get the bad cop.

thereby providing an example of true peace-keeping, which however it may be illegal to advocate.

just think if the protesters at UC Davis that got pepper sprayed right in the eyes pulled out a 12 gauge. oops, can't say that either. i meant 12 gauge copper wire ;)

Ponce
24th November 2011, 07:57 PM
Like the kid who was confronted by a yelling cop in LA a couple of years ago, the kid reached into his shirt pocket and the cop shot him..........the kid was deaf mute and was reaching for a pad and pencil to ask what was going on.

StreetsOfGold
24th November 2011, 08:15 PM
I am a part (very small part) owner of some oil wells in Kansas. While there recently to visit them I asked about who watches over the rigs once they are up and running and they said no one for the most part. I asked if any of the oil gets stolen, no small job as a hugh truck would be needed. They said sometimes it does happen. So, what happens to the person when they're caught? They said they "disappear"
. if you catch my driff

StreetsOfGold
24th November 2011, 08:19 PM
reminds me of a case fairly recently in which a cop in a car was chasing a teen on a bike, the cop tazed the teen from the moving car, causing the teen to loose control, fall off the bike, who was then immediately run over and killed by the cop......I'll NEVER understand how in a situation like this one, how a cop can kill you just for fleeing....

In the old days the PoliceMEN (not woman) were REQUIRED to be IN SHAPE so they could RUN AFTER the suspect to apprehend them. Now, they're mostly fat, out of shape, stupid and brainwashed.

midnight rambler
24th November 2011, 08:52 PM
In the old days the PoliceMEN (not woman) were REQUIRED to be IN SHAPE so they could RUN AFTER the suspect to apprehend them. Now, they're mostly fat, out of shape, stupid and brainwashed.

Which is why they rely on the tools on their 'Batman' belt instead of getting physical, often resulting in death or serious injury to someone else.

Tumbleweed
25th November 2011, 05:27 AM
In these stories there's always some goody two shoes wanna be hero calling the cops to report something trivial. The cops show up and kill someone. He was deaf and couldn't ride a bike very well and some asshole who reported him probably thinks they are a hero now for turning him in.

I guess the cops just took another bite out of crime.

madfranks
25th November 2011, 08:01 AM
A police officer killed an elderly, deaf and mentally disabled man riding his bicycle by shooting him with a Taser stun gun after he failed to obey instructions to stop.

Well we can't just allow people to ride their bikes wherever they want, can we? Control must be maintained at all times.

Ponce
25th November 2011, 09:44 AM
Franks? you can ride your bike without being shot at ONLY if you don't hit the curb or a rock and fall down and specially if you don't get a heart attack.........even with a heart attack and dead on the ground they would shoot you......for your own safety, of course.

Ash_Williams
25th November 2011, 01:58 PM
Good thing the cops were there or this guy could have really hurt himself.

Gaillo
25th November 2011, 03:29 PM
So where's our resident authority worshipper book? He should already be here with some meaning-twisting photo and rolleyes emoticon defending the swine...

keehah
25th November 2011, 10:46 PM
Californian 5-year-old handcuffed and charged with battery (http://refreshingnews9.blogspot.com/2011/11/californian-5-year-old-handcuffed-and.html)

Nov.25, 2011]
According to a police report, Lt Gordo put his hand on Michael's and "the boy pushed my hand away in a batting motion, pushed papers off the table, and kicked me in the right knee".

The officer said Michael refused to calm down and so his hands and feet were secured with zip ties of the sort used to restrain violence criminals.

Without informing the boy's parents, Lt Gordo drove him in the back of his police car to Stockton Kaiser Psychiatric Hospital for an evaluation.

His mother, Thelma, said she "was led to believe that Michael saw a police officer and attacked a police officer on sight," and only learned that he had been handcuffed several weeks later after reading the report.

One charge of battery by a police officer was later dropped by a juvenile court.

Neither the Stockton Unified School District nor its police force would comment on the incident.