PDA

View Full Version : 3 Arrested for Conning Elderly into Buying 70 years Worth Of Toilet Paper

sirgonzo420
27th November 2011, 05:31 PM
WEST PALM BEACH (CB4)-A South Florida trio is facing up to two decades in prison after they were allegedly involved in a $1 million toilet paper scam in Palm Beach County.

Federal prosecutors said the three conned elderly customers into buying unnecessary septic products, in some cases more than 70 years worth of toilet paper, CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald reported.

According to the Herald, the three worked for FBK Products of West Palm Beach. They told more than a dozen of their victims that they needed the company’s special toilet paper to avoid ruining their septic tanks. They told their victims that the federal government changed regulations on toilet paper, the Herald reported. The federal government, though, does not regulate septic tank products.

In phone pitches, salespeople claimed the company was affiliated with the Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. One product, the $199 Septic Remedy treatment, would eliminate the need to have their tanks pumped, the company claimed.

StreetsOfGold
27th November 2011, 05:36 PM
Ponce?

midnight rambler
27th November 2011, 05:37 PM
There's no conning Ponce, he already has 70 years worth of TP.

Dogman
27th November 2011, 05:43 PM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?56218-toilet-paper-scam-to-net-prison-time-for-three

Plastic
27th November 2011, 05:43 PM
Prepare for the crash in toilet paper prices, Ponce has divested.

*hides from the TP zombies*

Cebu_4_2
27th November 2011, 05:51 PM
Many years ago before I knew better I had a company come and pump the tank after buying (loaning?) my home. They told me that since my tank was never pumped before I was going to have a complete failure if I didn't add their extra special secret blend of anti crap. I asked how much and they said 250.00, I said Okay but my wife wants me to look at the product.... milky white liquid in reused milk jugs, I laughed so hard and told them NO. They were not pleased with me since their initial call to pump the tank was 100 less than anyone else and they had already finished.

Ponce
27th November 2011, 06:04 PM
Ponce?

Old post, here before..........