PDA

View Full Version : Fully auto......and legal......see video.

Ponce
28th November 2011, 09:58 AM
Shoot Your AR-15 Faster Than Ever With a Slide Fire Stock.

by Joseph von Benedikt • July 22, 2011 • Comments (75)
99The Slide Fire stock enables you to shoot extraordinarily fast rapid-fire strings from a semi-auto rifle. It’s safe, and it’s legal. You’ve got to try it to believe it. I didn’t believe it at first. I watched the Slide Fire promo, heard the hype, and wanted to believe it worked as touted. Until I got one mounted on an AR-15 and tried it, I simply couldn’t believe it worked as well as it does.

The capabilities offered by the Slide Fire system are going to be compared to full automatic fire, and it’s easy to see why, but very importantly, this is not a full auto system! Slide Fire Solutions went directly to the BATF during development and got the system inspected and approved as legal for civilian ownership. All it does is enhance the shooter’s ability to trip the trigger faster—much faster. And as we all know, the faster the funner.

The typical reaction after introducing shooters to the Slide Fire stock is “Are you kidding? It’s legal? Really?” Really. Absolutely. In fact, the company includes a photocopy of the BATF approval letter with every stock shipped.

The system is easy to install and use, but must be mounted on an AR’s buffer tube. It takes maybe three minutes to install: (1) Pull your pistol grip off, (don’t loose the safety detent spring!), and replace it with the Slide Fire guide block. (2) Remove the collapsible stock from the buffer tube and slide the Slide Fire stock into place. Done.

At first I thought there must be some kind of spring pressure that should keep the gun either forward or rearward within its range of travel. There is not: It will slide freely forward and back for a distance of perhaps a half inch.

There’s a lockout feature on the bottom of the stock that allows shooters to disable the Slide Fire function. The result is normal semiautomatic functioning.

To use, mount the stock to your shoulder normally, maintaining a nice firm rearward pull on the pistol grip to keep it snugged into your shoulder. Grip the handguard with your off hand and pull rearward with it as well. Reach your trigger finger through the trigger guard and place the tip on the stock’s support step on the far side. Take the safety off, aim at your target, and keeping your trigger finger firmly in place, push forward on the handguard until the trigger contacts the trigger finger and the gun fires. Maintain the forward-pushing motion on the handguard. Recoil will thrust the gun rearward sliding it in the stock, which pulls the trigger away from the trigger finger and allows it to reset as the action ejects and chambers a fresh round. As you are still pushing forward with the off hand on the handguard, it will almost immediately bring the trigger forward again, contacting the trigger finger, firing again, and so it goes.

With practice, a shooter may control his rate of fire from 400 to 800 rounds per minute, or shoot two, three, or four rounds at a time, and just as easily fire single shots.

It’s incredibly safe, which is one of its greatest appeals. I’ve fired enough full-auto rifles to know that they can be tricky to control. Muzzle climb can occur frighteningly fast, leaving a shooter launching bullets over the horizon before he can get his finger off the trigger. Not so with the Slide Fire. The forward-pushing motion on the handguard that activates the system also brings the shooters focus forward and into the target, helping control the rapid shot strings. As an added benefit, if the muzzle begins to climb, the shooter will instinctively relax the push-pull firing motion, ceasing fire.

Currently stocks are only offered for AR-15s, but company owner and CEO Jeremiah Cottle gave me a sneak peak into the future. Projects are varied and vast, and include a model for the AK-47, Saiga shotgun, M1A, and

http://www.shootingtimes.com/2011/07/22/shoot-your-ar-15-faster-than-ever-with-a-slide-fire-stock/

Awoke
28th November 2011, 10:11 AM
From the description, it sounds like a stock that is designed to make bumpfiring easier.
I can't see any pics or videos, if there are any.

Ponce
28th November 2011, 10:39 AM
Yes, at link there are three videos.........as I was watching the video I came up with a new idea, and formulated a plan, for an attachment that you can use on ANY rifle in order to shoot it the same way.......in my head I now have to put it together and try it out........and then I'll make the proto.

mightymanx
28th November 2011, 01:25 PM
I have shot a slide fire stocked AR-15. I classify it as a neat toy if you have 300 dollars gthat you have nothing better to do with, but I would NEVER use it for anything serious (like things other than paper). I have spent too much time practicing to have the trigger assembly slide back and forth and not have a positive grip on the firearm.

Joe King
28th November 2011, 01:35 PM
Yes, at link there are three videos.........as I was watching the video I came up with a new idea, and formulated a plan, for an attachment that you can use on ANY rifle in order to shoot it the same way.......in my head I now have to put it together and try it out........and then I'll make the proto.Don't waste your time, it's already been done. It's called a Hell-Fire Switch. Seen 'em for sale 20 years ago.

Ponce
28th November 2011, 02:14 PM
Joe? the problem with that is that it is not spring loaded (illegal) and you have to turn the handle......how can you shoot straight while doing that?

Joe King
28th November 2011, 03:04 PM
Joe? the problem with that is that it is not spring loaded (illegal) and you have to turn the handle......how can you shoot straight while doing that?The ones I've seen are. It's like a little spring that mounts in the trigger guard. It works similar to the stock mentioned in the OP, buy pushing forward on the handguard.

Heimdhal
28th November 2011, 03:13 PM
Full auto is great on the range if you have the money to feed, its powerfull on the battlefield if you have the logistics to feed it.

And thats what it comes down to. Its a range toy, and thats it.

Ponce
28th November 2011, 04:42 PM
In the army we just to call it "MASS" and that's when there is a larg ammount of enemies troops in one place and all your people shoot on full outo all at once........other than that? I'll take the good old M-1 rifle, one shot one body.

hoarder
28th November 2011, 06:56 PM
It's legal until it isn't. BATF has "allowed" stuff in the past and when enough people invested in it they would outlaw it. The purpose of the BATF is to make criminals out of gun owners. Allowing and then outlawing is a good way to accomplish that.
Besides, it's a waste of money anyway.

collector
28th November 2011, 08:51 PM
It's a moveable stock - I've seen this on a .22 and it works great - I'll try to find a few videos or links

collector
28th November 2011, 08:57 PM
Kick ass !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1WhhKH3QVU

freespirit
28th November 2011, 09:18 PM
looks pretty cool to me...how expensive are they?

midnight rambler
29th November 2011, 01:38 AM
Another toy accessory for the toy rifle. lol

And it's NOT 'full auto', it's strictly bumpfire - which is why the ATF allows it, for now.

osoab
26th December 2011, 07:20 AM
someone i know recently saw some of these vids. the cool factor is one of the reasons for a possible purchase.

Any more pros and cons? i have been asked to research.

Dogman
26th December 2011, 07:22 AM
I wonder about accuracy vs spray and pray and the wasting of ammo.

Controlled fire will always trump other forms of fire.

osoab
26th December 2011, 07:25 AM
I wonder about accuracy vs spray and pray and the wasting of ammo.

Controlled fire will always trump other forms of fire.

yeah, but if your in a bind, you may be able to "baffle them with bullshit".

Dogman
26th December 2011, 07:28 AM
yeah, but if your in a bind, you may be able to "baffle them with bullshit".

osoab
26th December 2011, 07:32 AM
So, I guess the best question is....

Do you end up with a shitty stock when are locked in place?

If the stock is "loose feeling", I wouldn't want it.

Dogman
26th December 2011, 07:44 AM
Man if the stock can be locked so it will be solid and no flex or such, maybe! But I would only consider this thing a toy, in some respects. I will never own if I could a full auto rifle. I have learned controlled fire or at the most a 3 round burst , which the first one off will be the most accurate at the time of fire and sight picture.

Full auto does have a fear factor, but over all is a waste of ammo. I am more into the one shot one kill school.

Plus it is easier to pick up single shot brass for reloading than pray and spray. My view is , if the shit hits the fan , that brass case you picked up and reloaded could be your last shot later.

Hard core!

osoab
30th December 2011, 08:24 AM
So what would the best AR manufactures to look at?

The person who wants one is dead set on getting on with a slide fire.

I have not researched AR's and need a place to start looking.

TIA

midnight rambler
30th December 2011, 10:33 AM
So what would the best AR manufactures to look at?

The person who wants one is dead set on getting on with a slide fire.

I have not researched AR's and need a place to start looking.

TIA

Steer the party who 'wants' an AR away from it if they haven't already got a MBR, as the AR is strictly a toy which shoots a mouse caliber and shits where it eats. Have them get a real rifle in a respectable caliber, such as a M1A or a FAL.

chad
30th December 2011, 10:41 AM
i used to think my ar was really cool. now i hardly shoot it. it's like shooting a .22, which is way cheaper to shoot to anyway. mostly it sits in a cabinet while my large calibers get taken to the range.

mick silver
30th December 2011, 10:48 AM
i to thought it was cool chad . i put all the cool stuff on so it can set in my safe also . i like my 7 mm are 30 30 more then the ar . i have one more gun i want but dont need . i would like a real nice stage coach 12 ga

chad
30th December 2011, 10:51 AM
i know what you mean, mick. i bought one of those eotech holographic sights for it. like i'm ever going to use it for anything. it looks cool, but it's a waste of $600 or whatever it was i paid for it. now i have a $600 combat sight on a .22 rifle. LOL

Tumbleweed
30th December 2011, 11:12 AM
i have one more gun i want but dont need . i would like a real nice stage coach 12 ga

Mick ~I've got a cheap double barrel 12ga coach gun and they're a hell of alot of fun to pack around and shoot. Puts a grin on my face everytime I cock the hammer and pull the trigger;D

chad
30th December 2011, 11:50 AM
i'd like a henry 30/30. always wanted one of those.

vacuum
30th December 2011, 01:24 PM
The video of the side fire in action was a beautiful thing.