PDA

View Full Version : New border plan will track everyone entering, leaving Canada

Canadian-guerilla
29th November 2011, 06:37 AM
New border plan will track everyone entering, leaving Canada

OTTAWA — Canada is set to sign a border security agreement with the United States next week featuring a control system to track everyone leaving the country, according to a media report on Monday.

The Beyond the Border initiative is expected to include an entry-exit system allowing the U.S. to monitor people entering or leaving Canada, the CTV News report said.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and U.S. President Barack Obama are expected to sign the agreement when they meet in Washington next week

more . . .

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/border+plan+will+track+everyone+entering+leaving+C anada+report/5780578/story.html

Twisted Titan
29th November 2011, 06:44 AM
But they do that now.........

Why repeat what you already do?

I guess they need to formalize thst crossing the boarder will now be like check point charlie

gunDriller
29th November 2011, 06:54 AM
there's 2 relatively easy ways to get from Canada to the USA & back, with zero border bullshit.

but we shouldn't mention them publicly because the Joos and their supporters watch this website.

freespirit
29th November 2011, 07:00 AM
just one more reason i won't travel to the usa...

mrnhtbr2232
29th November 2011, 07:19 AM
there's 2 relatively easy ways to get from Canada to the USA & back, with zero border bullshit.

but we shouldn't mention them publicly because the Joos and their supporters watch this website.

One of them is just walking across the border in any sleepy little town away from the main checkpoints. While everyone is dealing with the storm troopers at Highgate or Blaine, you can literally just go to towns or rural areas along the frontier in places like Montana and Maine and just mind your own business. Same thing coming back - the border with Canada is even more porous than Mexico.

The other way I suspect is by boat. There are hundreds of miles of waterways on the border - places like the Straits of Georgia, the Great Lakes, and the St. Lawrence - anyone with the initiative can likely slip in or out unnoticed, especially on the west coast.

Bottom line: officials that believe they have borders sealed are delusional. All they can do is beat their chests about security and arrest the ones they catch. If the US goes totally police state there's no way Canadians can stop the American white version of Aztlan coming north to "pick your lettuce" - at least the ones with a tolerance for cold.

Ponce
29th November 2011, 09:11 AM
I guess that I'll have to jump the fence to get into Canada..... Ponce<-------first dry foot Cuban in Canada?

freespirit
29th November 2011, 11:58 AM
I guess that I'll have to jump the fence to get into Canada..... Ponce<-------first dry foot Cuban in Canada?

lol...i can just picture you jumping a fence...;D

Awoke
29th November 2011, 12:38 PM
No way Ponce could get away with it. Look what happened last time he tried climbing a tree:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dcpn5Y3N2aQ/Tdm7L14CPMI/AAAAAAAAAtE/ir-w8VWbTVc/s1600/TP+4+web.jpg

Dogman
29th November 2011, 12:43 PM
Hummm!

That made me think of this!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2417/2445630686_c30bb27a5e.jpg

freespirit
29th November 2011, 01:04 PM
Hummm!

That made me think of this!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2417/2445630686_c30bb27a5e.jpg

that person is clearly smuggling TP! must be a terrerest!!

Twisted Titan
29th November 2011, 01:18 PM
Freespirit I just read your sig line

I busted out laughing for 7 minutes straight

good stuff!

freespirit
29th November 2011, 01:41 PM
thanks Titan! lol

i saw a shirt with that on it a number of years ago, and it has always stuck with me...;D

Canadian-guerilla
2nd December 2011, 09:18 AM
Border deal fuels concerns in Canada

OTTAWA—Armed U.S. police officers will for the first time be allowed to operate in Canada along with the RCMP as part of far-reaching changes in Canadian-American border operations to be unveiled next week by Prime Minister Stephen Harper and President Barack Obama.

The joint action plan to be announced at the White House will also break new ground by introducing exit-entry records that will track the movements of everyone who leaves the United States or Canada, with the information available to authorities in both countries.

In the months and years ahead, the deal between Ottawa and Washington will reshape security, travel and commercial arrangements at the border in a variety of profound ways — some of which have already raised alarms among Canadians

more . . .

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1094483--border-deal-fuels-concerns-in-canada

chad
2nd December 2011, 09:21 AM
they do this now. i was stopped by canadian mnr officers (they had sidearms) at a roadblock right outside grand marais last summer. it's at least 30 miles inside the united states.

palani
2nd December 2011, 10:21 AM
Canada and the U.S. are both federations. I stay away from both equally. Instead identify with the land of the State you are visiting or plan upon being domiciled in.