PDA

View Full Version : News Clip on Copper Penny Hoarding

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2011, 12:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8P4OoWmNFg

osoab
3rd December 2011, 03:27 AM
Hey look at me. I got pennies. I need my 30 seconds of fame.

What fucking tools.

TomD
3rd December 2011, 06:11 AM
Hey look at me. I got pennies. I need my 30 seconds of fame.

What fucking tools.

Huh? Can't see that take. My take is that the clip could be a first step in education for a lot of people. + it was sorta amusing to see the extreme penny sorting can be taken to in these days when 90% has long been stripped from circulation.

BrewTech
3rd December 2011, 06:35 AM
Anybody remember Ryedale? I wonder if that's him...

Errosion Of Accord
3rd December 2011, 07:42 AM
Anybody remember Ryedale? I wonder if that's him...

If I remember right he was putting his into 55 gallon drums.

osoab
3rd December 2011, 08:30 AM
Huh? Can't see that take. My take is that the clip could be a first step in education for a lot of people. + it was sorta amusing to see the extreme penny sorting can be taken to in these days when 90% has long been stripped from circulation.

It is a finite supply, talking copper pennies. By going out and giving away your secrets, there are going to be a fewer and fewer still in circulation that can be pulled.

The one dude gave away his name and home town. I bet he posts on his FacePuke page when he is heading out of town on vacation.

The guy that is running a business doing it I could see maybe wanting publicity. He didn't reveal his location at least. I still think it is a losing business model in the long run, once again a finite supply.

Shami-Amourae
3rd December 2011, 08:44 AM
Well I'm overall glad they are showing it even though I do copper penny sorting myself. Well, I mean I did stop not to long ago since I already have enough pennies that I'm happy with. The point is this piece wakes people up to the intrinsic value of money and how it's being inflated away, that is, if the sheeple can do some critical thinking and make that connection. If I hadn't known this information and saw it, I'd act on it myself, but I dunno how others are.

I think it's good publicity for us.

steyr_m
3rd December 2011, 09:00 AM
Well I'm overall glad they are showing it even though I do copper penny sorting myself. Well, I mean I did stop not to long ago since I already have enough pennies that I'm happy with. The point is this piece wakes people up to the intrinsic value of money and how it's being inflated away, that is, if the sheeple can do some critical thinking and make that connection. If I hadn't known this information and saw it, I'd act on it myself, but I dunno how others are.

I think it's good publicity for us.

If you live close to the Canadian border, Canada stopped using copper in '96 in comparison to you doing it in 82. Much more copper in our change here.

TomD
3rd December 2011, 02:27 PM
It is a finite supply, talking copper pennies. By going out and giving away your secrets, there are going to be a fewer and fewer still in circulation that can be pulled.

The one dude gave away his name and home town. I bet he posts on his FacePuke page when he is heading out of town on vacation.

The guy that is running a business doing it I could see maybe wanting publicity. He didn't reveal his location at least. I still think it is a losing business model in the long run, once again a finite supply.

OK, I understand your point.

Down1
4th December 2011, 05:11 AM
Here is a text version of the story.
http://news.yahoo.com/laws-change-penny-hoarders-could-cash-thousands-dollars-211547264.html