PDA

View Full Version : Gun Sales Surge on Black Friday: Over 129,000 Background Checks Flooded the FBI.

Ponce
5th December 2011, 12:11 PM
Remember folks.......129,000 IN ONE DAY.....for the rest of the days.....who knows.
=================================================

Gun Sales Surge on Black Friday: Over 129,000 Background Checks Flooded the FBI.
by Mac Slavo

Either gun manufacturers did a fantastic job on Black Friday promotions, or the American people are quickly waking up to the reality that all is not as peachy as it may seem.

Gun dealers flooded the FBI with background check requests for prospective buyers last Friday, smashing the single-day, all-time high by 32%, according to bureau records.

Deputy Assistant FBI Director Jerry Pender said the checks, required by federal law, surged to 129,166 during the day, far surpassing the previous high of 97,848 on Black Friday of 2008.

The actual number of firearms sold last Friday is likely higher because multiple firearms can be included in a transaction by a single buyer. And the FBI does not track actual gun sales.

Dennis Henigan, acting president of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, said he was “skeptical” of the Black Friday gun surge.

“I think there may be no real signifcance at all,”

http://lewrockwell.com/slavo/slavo77.1.html

SLV^GLD
5th December 2011, 12:25 PM
There is no significance to a 30% increase in sales when the 2008 previous high was directly correlated to a looming threat of gun bans with the new president and this 2012 season presented one of the worst consumer economies in my lifetime?

ooooh kaaaay

General of Darkness
5th December 2011, 12:34 PM
Actually now that the drama is over, I might look at finishing my 2 extra lower receivers and buying some uppers.