PDA

View Full Version : Charities and those asking for donations.

BillBoard
12th December 2011, 02:38 PM
You know, it just galls me when those that are fighting the debt-money system ask for donations in the same debt-money system they are fighting.

Instead of helping to support an alternative system of exchange, there they go perpetuating the same vicious cycle of usury and debt.

Crazy, I tell you, it is just plain crazy.

madfranks
12th December 2011, 05:44 PM
They pretty much have to. Let's see, we have legal tender laws, taxes that heavily discriminate against metals, regulations that limit banking to FRNs, an economy denominated to FRNs, etc.

po boy
12th December 2011, 07:44 PM
They pretty much have to. Let's see, we have legal tender laws, taxes that heavily discriminate against metals, regulations that limit banking to FRNs, an economy denominated to FRNs, etc.

ASE and GAE are legal tender it is foreign coins and bullion that are taxed heavily. These institutions could accept postal money orders, US notes (red seal), or US minted coins. They may even try personal checks with a non-endorsement and cash them in essentially making them(FRNs) US notes.

Difficult yes impossible no worthwhile you betcha.

Ponce
12th December 2011, 08:37 PM
I already got the name of three families with kids in need and next saturday I'll be buying the kids some toys and the grown up bathropes.......oh yeah, a big fish for my cat and a steak for my dog........hehehehehe this will be fun.......hummmmmm my cat will probably run away from the fish and the dog will eat it........almost forgot, and a silver oz in the kettle.

madfranks
13th December 2011, 07:19 AM
ASE and GAE are legal tender it is foreign coins and bullion that are taxed heavily. These institutions could accept postal money orders, US notes (red seal), or US minted coins. They may even try personal checks with a non-endorsement and cash them in essentially making them(FRNs) US notes.

Difficult yes impossible no worthwhile you betcha.

Being pragmatic here, what's the difference if you're going to spend FRNs versus spending red seal notes or coins? You're simply introducing an un-needed complication into the equation. I don't see anything wrong with, for instance, using FRNs to fund your campaign to remove the legal tender status of the FRN. It doesn't make you a hypocrite, it means you use the tools you have. It would be much more difficult to fund your campaign if you required all donations to be in red seal notes or mail you a bag of coins.

po boy
13th December 2011, 07:37 AM
Being pragmatic here, what's the difference if you're going to spend FRNs versus spending red seal notes or coins? You're simply introducing an un-needed complication into the equation. I don't see anything wrong with, for instance, using FRNs to fund your campaign to remove the legal tender status of the FRN. It doesn't make you a hypocrite, it means you use the tools you have. It would be much more difficult to fund your campaign if you required all donations to be in red seal notes or mail you a bag of coins.

The difference is Red seal notes US coins and Checks cashed via a non-endorsment are not fractionalized.

Ares has talked about these ideas and I have done non endorsements before I quit accepting checks altogether.

I'm not labeling just thought I'd point out options and yes difficult it would be, would reduce donations drastically.

It would however be educational but when playing to win there are no holds barred. Hope that clears up my position.

palani
13th December 2011, 07:42 AM
Years back I bought a stash of shiny Franklins. They came from Maryland. A custodian at a church over the years would pull out all of the Franklins that people would donate on Sunday and substitute clad coins. These were the coins I purchased.

The church did not care. There was no theft involved. If your donation of substance is going to fund a custodians estate I don't see any reason to give it back to them.

I suspect all those gold coins finding their way into the Salvation Army buckets are planted to see if they can convince people to give more of them.